To Be With You

What Do They Know?

"Here is your order," Sandra said and woke Brendon out of his thought and was about to leave when Brendon stopped her.

"Could we could talk for a little bit?" Brendon said as he pointed to the chair opposite him.

Sandra looked around the resturant, only the old couple was left and it was near closing time, so she toke the seat Brendon had pointed to and looked at him. She knew exactly who Brendon was, but didn't say anything. She wasn't a fan, well she loved the music he made and she was in love with his voice, but she wasn't a fan. That's what she kept telling to everyone.

"Thanks. I just feel like talking to a stranger," Brendon said and toke a sip of his orange juice.

"You're welcome," she stopped for a second, looked at Brendon and then continued, "you seem a little out of everything. Did something happen with someone close to you? And you can't say no, because I already know you were at the hospital."

Brendon let out a little laugh and turn to look at her.

"So tell me. I'm a good listener," Sandra's words were sincere.

"My girlfriend, she died."

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry. You must be a mess. Why don't you go home and sleep?"

"I just came from a place I used to call home. Now, I don't want to be there, because I'd be to close to all those memories."

Sandra knew exactly what Brendon wanted her to know, because a year ago she was in the same place.

"Listen, everything will go on. I know what you feel and I mean it when I say it. Do you have a friend you can crash with for some time, because you shouldn't be alone and trust me, you need a good friend next to you right now," Sandra said, hoping the advice she just gave would help him even a little.

"I thought about crashing with a friend, but he'll be back in town tomorrow."

Sanrda thought long and hard, before opening her mouth, not believeing what she was about to say.

"You can crash at mine's. I live with my sister and she won't mind," Sandra offered, hoping that Kendra really wouldn't mind.

"Are you serious?" Brendon asked in disbelief.

"Yes."

"Okay."

"Great. I'll be off in ten minutes, then we can go," Sandra left Brendon there to enjoy his meal, but before going she gave Brendon a reasuring smile.