Picture Perfect

A Whirliwind of Laughter, Hugs and Pictures

The rest of the day was spent taking pictures, mostly of Ine, but there were a few in the collection that were of the beautiful landscapes.

“So how long are you here for?” Ine asked quietly, chasing the ice around in her lemonade, attempting to fish it out.

“Only for a few more days,” Jon revealed, Ine detected a hint of sadness that she couldn’t help but empathize with.

A silence washed over them, it could have been due to the fact that neither of the pair knew what to say or that they were just very comfortable in each other’s presence.

As though it slipped directly from her thoughts, Ine mumbled “I’m going to miss you so much.”

Jon was caught off guard. Although he’d only known Ine for a matter of hours, he already felt an intense bond between them.

“I’m going to miss you too,” he took her smaller, more delicate hand into his own rubbing them soothingly.

“It feels like I’ve known you forever, not only one day.” Ine laughed.

“I know what you mean.” Jon smiled, with sadness painted on his words.

The following three days passed in a whirlwind of laughter, hugs, pictures and the odd chaste kiss.

Quicker than either of them had hoped, it was time for Jon to leave Belgium for his hectic life in Chicago.

Standing by the taxi, Ine did nothing to hide the tears that were falling from her eyes and dripping down her smooth skin.

Jon took her face softly in his hands, cradling her face upwards slightly before pressing her lips to his own in a loving kiss. As he pulled away, he rested his forehead on hers, looking deep into her brown eyes.

“I’m going to miss you so much.” He said quietly, trying not to let his emotions take hold.

“Me too,” she struggled through the tears, her voice only breaking slightly.

“You’re coming to my show in a few weeks, okay?” he stated more than asked her.

She nodded profusely, “I have your email address, your home address, your phone number, is there anything else?”

He chuckled lightly, “Nope I think that’s it.”

Not caring how cliché it probably appeared, he blew her a kiss before getting in the cab and going to the airport.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?