Status: Three-Shot, Complete

Awake to Take in the View

I know that times have been rough.

I smiled at the sight of a small folded up note laying delicately on my nightstand.

Josh must have placed it there before he had left last night...

I stretched out my arms and legs, ultimately rubbing the sleep from my eyes and yawning.

I rolled from my back onto my left side and reach out to grasp the letter.

As I looked over it, my face brightened more with each passing word.

To: Melissa, the most beautiful girl alive.

I wish that I could have stayed with you last night, but I had to work my night job.
I'll have you know though, I'll be thinking about you every second. No one could ever compare to you Mel, no one. Promise me that you'll visit me at my place sometime this afternoon, okay? I need to see you again. I'm already missing you like crazy.
I love you baby, don't ever change.

From: Josh, the guy who's fallen head over heels for Melissa Brooke Scott.


I shook my head and smiled at his scrawl.

Well, guess what Josh? I've fallen head over heels for you too.

I tossed the warm, heavy blanket off of my body, sat up and swung my long legs over the side of the bed lazily.
I ran my fingers through my brunette hair quickly and sauntered over to the small window, where strips of light filtered through the tan blinds.
I pulled the blinds up halfway, the sudden exposure to light making my eyes squint.

As my eyes adjusted to the light, I gazed through the glass window and admired the beauty and glory of the talk skyscrapers, almost seeming to reach the heavens.

As I looked down, I saw the familiar sight of individuals hustling about Times Square.
People entering and exiting the dark subway entrance, merchants setting up their small stands, the roar of busy traffic along Broadway.

No matter how many times I've looked out of this same window, I couldn't help but to fall more in love with this restless city.

It was New York City and the place I would always call home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After eating a small breakfat of oatmeal, I headed back to my room to change out of my pajamas.

Screw this afternoon, I wanted to see Josh now.
Neither of us has work today, so why the hell not?

I slipped on a pair of black skinny jeans and pulled a simple white v-neck over my head.
Then I took out a dark blue cardigan from my closet and put it on.
I put some silver flip flops on and walked out of my apartment.

As soon as I stepped outside, a car roared past me, making my hair swirl around me.
I smiled.

This was definetly home.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It only took me ten minutes to arrive at Josh's apartment by foot.
I laughed at the thought of seeing his reaction when he saw me.

I took out my keychain, found the key to his apartment and unlocked the door.
I breathed in deeply and closed the door behind me.
It smelled like his cologne everywhere, like always.

Seeing he wasn't in the living room, I proceeded to his bedroom.
He's probably sleeping...

I gripped the cool doorknob, turned it and shoved the door open.

What I saw when I entered the room not only schocked me, but disgusted me.

Josh was on top of a girl, they were both shirtless, and groping each other while kissing.

" Josh, what the fuck are you doing?!"

Josh flipped over instantly at the sound of my voice and stared at me with wide eyes.

He looked back at the girl on the bed, then at me, and back again.

" You fucking douche!" I yelled and stormed out of his room.
I heard loud footsteps running behind me and I quickend my pace.

Soon, I felt a pair of strong hands grip my shoulders and spin me around.

" Let me explain, Melissa, please!" Josh begged.

I tried my best to sneer at him while the tears rolled down my cheeks.

" Explain? What is there to explain?! I think seeing you on top of her," I pointed to the girl who was standing in the doorway to his room, looking smug," was enough of an explanation!"

" No, no... I'm sorry Melissa, really!" she's just an ex and... she got a little carried away."

" I thought you loved me," I whispered, the pain leaking out of my voice audibly.

" Mel, I do," he whispered back.

I shook my head," No you don't. If you loved me you wouldn't have done that."
I gulped and clenched my fists," We're over Josh, Bye."

I knew those last words had stung him by the look on his face and that only made me cry harder as I fled from his apartment.

Our love was never what I thought it was.
Never.
♠ ♠ ♠
Christofer Drew gets introduced in the next chapter so dont fret! :D

title credit:: Hummingbird by Never Shout Never.