Status: Slow Updates

Learning to Fall

Perfect

As much as I hate to admit it, I got so much more done when Alex and I weren’t speaking. Don’t get me wrong – I’m so much happier now and I would never want to be without him again. I’m just saying that he makes things a million times more difficult when I’m trying to get my work done.

“And what if I fuck it up? What if I go to make a simple throw to second base and I fuck it up?!”

I roll my eyes and continue to stare at my English notebook. I have a test tomorrow and I’m trying desperately to study, but it’s proving to be quite difficult.

“Alex,” I saw calmly, “You will not ‘fuck it up’. You’re a great baseball player. Molloy knows that.”

“I need that scholarship, Stella. Like, desperately need it. Otherwise, I can’t go.”

“You’re being really, really dramatic. The game is a week away.”

“You’re not giving me enough attention,” He whines. He rests his head on my shoulder and looks at my notebook. “You have a test tomorrow?”

“Yeah. I need to study,” I hint.

“Maybe you can take a break. You know?” He grins and nudges me with his elbow. “Maybe we can go see a movie.”

“Yeah, we could… Maybe if you let me finish studying then we can go do something?”

“Fine.”

He huffs and rolls over so he’s lying on his back. He glares at the ceiling as I turn the page of my notebook.

“Stop sulking.”

“But I have a surprise for you. And if you don’t stop studying right this instant, you’ll never get it.”

I put my book down and look at him, expecting him to laugh and say ‘I lied, there’s not really a surprise!’ But instead, he grabs my chin and pulls me to him for a kiss. After I get over the initial shock, I relax and manage pull him on top of me. Fuck studying. He’s all I need.

**

“Did Alex ask you to prom yet?” Tara asks as she quickly flips through all of the dresses on the clearance rack. She stops at a light blue one, but then she wrinkles her nose and continues on her search for ‘the perfect dress’.

“No… But I mean, there’s still time. It’s not for another month. He’s just really worried about the scholarship.”

“He’s going to get it. I don’t know why he’s so concerned. But he better ask you soon.”

“I hope he does…” I admit. It would be nice to go to Alex’s prom with him. But, I mean, if he wants to go alone, I wouldn’t really have a problem with that…

“He will. He’s just waiting for the right opportunity. I mean, Alex is a romantic guy.”

I nod, not really convinced. I mean, it’s his senior prom… he would want to have fun and not worry about me and whether or not I’m having fun.

“Do you like this one?”

She holds up a light pink strapless dress that reaches the floor. I catch sight of the price tag - $345. I guess ‘clearance’ doesn’t exactly mean affordable anymore.

“It’s nice. I like the color. Try it on,” I suggest, pointing towards the dressing rooms.

She nods and scurries off towards the doors and I sit down on one of the couches they have available. We’ve been to three different stores so far today. I really hope she finds a dress here because I’m exhausted.

While I’m waiting for Tara to finish trying on the dress, my cell phone vibrates. I look at who the text message is from and I smile. It’s Alex.

‘hey, what are you doing on june 12th’

I smile even more. June 12th is the same day as prom. Is he asking me?

nothing…yet. y?

I type quickly, eager for his response. It comes within a minute.

j/w. . . keep the date open

*
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry it's so short, i'll update really soon! comments make me happy (: