Sequel: What More Can I Give?
Status: Completed..=)

Give in to Me

Michael's P.O.V.

Image

March 30, 1985...7:02 P.M.

"You can see her now," I heard the distant voice of the doctor say. I looked up at him to see his grave face. I looked over at my family and Katrina's. Her father nodded towards me to go ahead. I got up from my seat and followed the doctor into a dark room. My heart was pounding as I looked around and my eyes met the fragile body of Katrina's. My breath caught in my throat as I walked slowly over to her and tears gradually made it's way down my face. Needles and I.V.s were poking out of her body and the beeping of a monitor was hauntingly frightening to my ears. I heard the door close behind me and as it did, I fell to my knees and sobs escaped my trembling lips. Apologies traveled out and an incoherent, 'I Love You!' slipped away from my mouth. I stared up at her un-fazed face and my eyes blurred with the memory of getting the news of Katrina's accident.

Soon after Katrina made her exit, another set of footsteps made their way into the studio. Diana walked briskly into the room with an upset face. I sighed while shaking my head and turning to face away from her.

"What is wrong with you?!" She yelled. "Do you not love her?! Were you not listening to what I told you last night?!"
"You wouldn't understand," I whispered.
"Try me," Diana replied in a deathly tone. "You've been talking non-stop about this girl and you even told me at the recording of 'We Are The World' that you were IN LOVE with her! You said it was love at first sight! What the hell happened?"
I shook my head and turned back to her.
"Diana..."
"What, Michael?" She asked, staring at me. "Huh? What?!"
"I'm scared, okay?! Two days ago, her friend came to visit her and she just gave me a wrong feeling that set into my stomach. It was like she gave me a feeling that maybe being with Katrina is not right. An-" Diana cut me off sharply.
"You're breaking up with her because of her friend?"
"No! You didn't let me finish," I protested. Diana crossed her arms and raised her eyebrows to tell me to go on.
"Her friend shoved her in a room and started yelling at Katrina. They don't know, but I heard every single thing her friend said. And Katrina didn't even defend me!"
"Did you hear everything?" Diana asked curiously. I looked down, my anger boiling within me.
"No, I left bef-," Once again she cut me off.
"Michael, you didn't hear everything" Diana sighed, shaking her head in disappointment. She left without throwing any more upsetting words to me and I growled angrily to myself.
"What does she know? She wasn't there." I mumbled to myself. I took a deep breath to calm down and continued to work on the music I was perfecting before any interruptions had occurred.

One Hour Later...

I heard the phone go off in the studio. I quickly ran to it and picked it up, not expecting the news that was passed on to me.
"Mikey?" I heard a sniffle on the other line.
"Yeah? Rebbie is that you?" I asked.
"Mm-Hmm. Uh, Michael. Um, I need you to come to the hospital." I heard her whisper than a small cry came from the other line.
"Why? Is everything okay?" My worries escalated at the thought of someone dieing in the family. "Are you okay, Rebbie?"
"I'm fine, Mikey." She hiccuped. I sighed in relief, then almost fainted when her next sentence flew out of her lips.
"It's Katrina, she got in an accident."


My world tumbled down, as I thought I heard the monitor start to beep slowly. My head shot up and I looked at it in panic. I checked on Katrina and another loud animalistic sob escaped my lips. I got up from my knees and ran out of the room and to the doctor who stood next to Katrina's father and what looked to be her mother.

"Doctor! Doctor! Come quick, please! It's Katrina, she's not breathing!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, please comment and subscribe, if you do I will forever be grateful!!! Love you guys and please correct me on any error!!

~Jenni...♥