Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Back To School

Image

I pulled in front of the school anxious to see Edward. I smiled as I saw him waiting by his car. I was about to go over and say hi but Jacob interrupted.

"Hey Maddie, did you have a good weekend?"

I looked at Jacob and smiled then my eyes lingered onto Edward. I shrugged at him, his eyes fixated onto Jacob. The look was utter hatered. It slightly scared me so I looked away.

"I had a good weekend" I replied.

"Me too!"

"Are you and Billy cool now?"

"Yeah, we settled out our issues"

"That's good"

It pissed me off a little bit that Jacob still followedme. I got to my locker before the bell rang. A smile overcame my face-another secret love letter was sticking out of my locker.

"What's that?" asked Jacob.

I told him about the unexplained letters that I had been getting in my locker. His hands balled up into fists and he looked severly pissed.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

He cleared his throat. "Nothing, I better get to class"

Jacob headed down the hall. I shrugged then opened up the letter. I quickly read it; I had to hurry because I had a math test.

Dearest Maddie,

When we're alone, everything seems so perfect. All my problems become solved, all my fears drift away, and I'm filled with only my love for you. There's something different about you. You're not like any other young woman. When you're near my whole body begs you to take you away so we can be alone together. And when I look into your eyes I'm lost with the most beautiful thoughts imaginable. I never thought a feeling such as love could exist until you became a part of my life. Now my days are filled with happiness and my nights are filled with anticipation to see your beautiful face. With every passing minute, I look forward with my time alone with you.

Love Always, Your Hearts Desire

"Looks like you got another love letter" his voice whispered in my ear.

I turned around to see him smiling down at me. I quickly pushed all thoughts of him being a vampire out of my mind just in case he could read it.

"Hey Edward, how was your break?"

"I had a good time, how was yours?"

"Good thanks!"

He nodded. "I bet the guy writing these is like a nerdy band geek or goth who writes dark poetry"

"Thanks a lot, that made me feel so much better. Do you think I should write him a note?"

Edward's smile vanished. "Uh yeah, but how are you going to give it to him?"

"I'll put it in the slot. I better get to class I have a math test"

"Have fun!"

Edward smiled at me then walked off with his hands in his pockets. He was so gorgeous.

Alice greeted me in class with a smile on her face. We didn't really have time to talk because Mr. Moony was starting to hand out the tests. It was worth 200 points. We had all break to study which I didn't really do. The test was easy though; I finished with 15 minutes to spare. I got out a piece of paper and pen. I then began to write this person a not.

Dearest Stranger,

Why won't you tell me who you are? I'm starting to believe that either A; the secret love letters are a joke or B; you're a stalker. I wish you would tell me the man behind those beautiful words. For a long time I thought that love was a waste. I think I was scared of it. I was afraid of getting my heart broken. To whoever you are I want you to know that the letter's meant a lot to me now quit playing games and tell me your name. That's all I ask.

Love Maddie

I folded up the note then took a deep breath. When the bell rang I raced out of the classroom. Edward was waiting for me by my locker. I put my math things up then got my Biology book out.

"How was your test?" he asked.

"It was actually really easy"

I put the note for the stranger in the slot of my locker.

"What did you say to him?"

"None of your business"

He laughed then walked with me to Biology class. Mrs. Martin made us do vocab for Chapter 23, I quickly finished.

"How was your break Maddie?" Alice's chimy voice asked.

"It was good"

She nodded.

"Maddie, do you want to play checkers?" asked Edward.

Alice smiled at him. Mrs. Martin kept games for us to play when we got done with our assignments.

"Sure"

I didn't do so hot; Edward beat me three times.

"You're good" I told him as we walked out of the class.

"Lots of practice" he replied.

The rest of the day drew on so slowly. I waited patiently for a note from him but it never showed. It finally did at the beginning of my seventh hour PE class. I could be late for that class, who cares, I quickly opened up the note and read it.

Dearest Madelyn,

I got your letter today. You have no idea how many times I have re read it over and over again. I don't want you to think of me as a stalker because that I am not. I am just a man who loves a very beautiful woman. I am not ready yet to reveal my identity to you. Let's save that for another day. I just want you to know that love is not a thing to be scared of. I'm not trying to push you away from it, I'm merely trying to open up your eyes to show you that love is real. It is something strong that I feel for you Maddie. Here is a poem that I wrote only for you; I love you when the dusk is falling and when the hazy shadows drift across the land. When the love in my heart and body is calling I want to feel the softness of your cheek against mine. I love you when the moon. Light is above us and the sky is flooded with silvery light, I want you to kiss and love me as we take on the wonders of the night. I want you to always remember the feel of my arms around you when you awake. I'll kiss you so lovingly; so tender cradling you in my arms as the dawn breaks. I'll love you every season. I'll love you with tears and smiles. I'll love you and I won't need a reason-on this journey my heart will sing every mile.

Love Always, Your Hearts Desire

"You got another one?"

I nearly jumped out of my skin.