Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Date

Image

I turned around to see Jacob smiling at me.

"Uh yeah, I got another letter"

"Any idea who it is?"

I shrugged. "Nope"

"Maybe you'll find out sooner or later"

"Maybe"

"Uh Maddie, since the winterball is next week I wanted to know if you wanted to go with me. Just as friends though"

"Sure, no one's asked me yet"

"Great, I better get to class"

"Yeah, me too!"

I grabbed my bag then headed out of the school towards the gym building. I didn't get very far though; Edward stopped me in the parking lot.

"Hey, why don't I ever see you in gym class?"

Edward smiled. "I got out of the class"

"How? It's mandatory"

"I have my ways"

"So, what do you do during this hour?"

"I usually hang out in my car and listen to music"

"Mind if I join you?"

"No, not at all"

Edward led me over to his Volvo. He unlocked the door and surprisingly opened up the passenger door for me."

"Thanks" I told him as I got in.

"You're welcome"

He shut the door then walked around the door to the driver's side. He got in and put the keys into the ignition. He turned on the car letting it warm up.

"Edward, are we friends?" I asked.

"Yes, I hope so only if you want to be"

"I do"

Edward smiled as he put a CD into the player.

"What did you put in it?"

"Ludo"

"I have that CD, can you turn it to number ten?"

"Sure"

Edward flipped it to number ten. The Horror Of Our Love began to play. I sand along to the first verse

"I'm a killer cold and wrathful silent sleeper, I've been inside your bedroom I've murdered half the town left you love notes on their headstones I'll fill the grave yards until I have you, Moonlight walking I smell your softness carnivorous and lusting to track you down among the pines. I want you stuffed into my mouth hold you down and tear you open, live inside you-love I'd never hurt you but I'll grind against your bones until our marrows mix I will eat you slowly"

Edward quickly turned off the radio. I looked over at him confused. Instead of the usual topaz eyes they were now black.

"Your eyes are black" I stated.

"Maddie, I have to go"

"Okay, um I'll see you later"

He nodded as I got out of the car. When I shut the door Edward quickly pulled away. I looked over at the gym but decided to skip the rest of the class. I then realized that I left my English book in my locker so I raced back inside. I skidded to a stop when I saw Jasper Hale; Alice's boyfriend put a note in my locker.

He spotted me and backed away.

"It's you?" I asked.

He shook hishead. "No Madely, I was just asked to put this note into your locker"

"Can I ask you who's writing these notes?"

"I'm not allowed to say, I'm sorry. Here"

Jasper handed me the sixth note then walked away. I opened the note and read it.

Dearest Madelyn,

If I could write a song about us, I'd write a song that captures the beauty of the sun as the world slowly awakens; a song about a love that has stood the test of time and only grows more each day. I'd have to tell the whole world about how your beauty enchants me and about how much you mean to me. I'd have to add all the colors of the rainbow and a big red heart that's overflowing with kisses and butterflies. I'd have to tell the whole world that I'm the luckiest man on earth.

Love Always; Your Hearts Desire

I put the note in my bag, got my English book, and left the school. On the way home I thought of three possible suspects as to who could be the person who wrote the letters. Edward, Jacob, and I just threw Jasper in there since he put the note in my locker.

I sighed as I walked into my house.