Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Biology Project

Image

The next few days went by faster than usual. I was a little upset that I didn't get another letter; oh well. Soon, Friday rolled around. Edward met me by my locker with a slight smile on his face. That smile made my whole world fall into place. He then led me to Biology 2; we both sat at our seperate desks but couldn't help to stare at each other. We looked away when Mrs. Martin pulled a small figurine of a skeleton out of the small closet.

"I hope everyone is excited to have a long weekend full of Biology work"

The whole class groaned except me, Alice, and Edward.

"Since we will be starting a new chapter about the human body I want you and a partner to put a small skeletal figurine together; like this one" she pointed out. "I will give you the box set that has the directions. I will also be given five pages of worksheets to do and you and your partner also have to write a paper over a disease that contaminates the human body"

Everyone looked around the room trying to find their partners.

"I will not pick your partner for you so choose wisely"

"Do you want to be partners?"

I nearly jumped out of my seat when Edward's charming voice rang in my ear. I looked up at him with a smile.

"Only if you want to be"

He smirked at me. "I do Maddie"

Edward sank down in the empty seat next to me with his things. Alice was partners with Lacey.

"This will be do on Monday so you better find time this weekend to work with your partners"

I gave Edward a sideways glance. How was this going to work? I thought, I quickly vanished my thoughts. I was so afraid that if he was a vampire he would know what I was thinking. In that case, he would know that I knew.

"Um, do you want to come to my house after school?" I asked him.

He shook his head. "Why don't you come over to my house? My parents want to meet you"

"Uh, okay I guess that will be fine"

Mrs. Martin handed out our assignment. She let us start working on it in class. I started doing my worksheets. They were really hard; I had to name all the bones in the body.

"How much is this assignment?" Steve the jock asked.

"It's 200 points"

"Good, that might raise my grade up" I said.

"What do you have in here?"

"An A"

Edward laughed. "Seriously?"

I smiled. "Yeah, I was just joking"

"I know, uh that's wrong" he pointed to my paper.

I looked down at it then at him. "What do you mean?"

"That's the radius not the ulna. You got the bones in the arm mixed up"

"Oh, thanks" I erased my answers then changed them. "What about the legs?"

"The fibula and tibula, you got it right"

I nodded my head then went back to my paper. Minutes went by and I wasn't even close to being done; I glanced over at Edward who was just sitting in his chair staring out the window. This gave me the chance to take some answers off of his worksheet.

"Cheating won't help you get better" he said without even looking at me.

"I wasn't cheating" I said while glancing at him.

He crossed his arms over his chest. "What do you need help with?" He flipped his worksheet over so I couldn't see his answers.

"Are you already done?"

"Yeah"

"Damn, you're really good at this stuff"

"I was in AP anatomy back in Alaska" he said.

"Oh"

"So, what do you need help with?"

"Okay, I got the cranium and mandible right but I don't know what the collar bone is called."

"Clavicle" said Edward.

"Thanks" I quickly wrote it down then went back to work. Moments later I was stumbed again.

"Tarsals" Edward told me.

"Great, I'm finished with this sheet" I said. I put the sheets in my binder and smiled at Edward.

"Why do your parents want to meet me?"

Edward looked down at me. "I told them about you"

"Why?"

He shrugged. "I thought it would be nice"

"If you say so" I replied.

The bell rang loudly making everyone jump up from their seats and head out of class. I stayed behind slowly getting my things together. Edward actually stayed by my side and walked me out of class. Alice was standing outside the door.

"Edward, I have to go to my doctor's appointment" she said.

Edward nodded. "You can take the car, I'll ride with Maddie today"

Edward dug the keys out of his pocket and tossed them to her. She caught the keys gracefully then walked down the hall.

~*~

"Edward, I need to talk to you" I said before seventh hour.

"You've been talking to me all day"

"Yeah, about the Biology project"

He smiled. "I know, what do you need to talk about?"

"Well, the other day I saw Jasper putting one of those notes I was telling you about in my locker. He said that he was just delivering it"

Edward nodded. "Yes, he was"

My eyes narrowed. "You know who it is don't you?"

"Yes, but I'm not at liberty to say"

"And why not?"

"The person told me not too"

"Fine, it's really pissing me off that this person won't tell me who the fuck he is" I yelled.

"You're angry"

"No fuck I'm angry"

Edward smirked at me then pinned me closer to the locker. "You'll find out sooner or later; just a hint if you open your eyes you'll know who it is" then he walked off.

If I opened my eyes? What the hell did that mean? My eyes are open; I shook my head then spun around to looked at my locker. There was indeed another note sticking out of it. I almost screamed; this was really pissing me off that this person wasn't going to reveal himself.

I grabbed the note and ripped it open.

Dear Maddie,

You're my angel in the night you're everything I think of everything I dream of. Yours is the voice I hear when the moon steals the day. Yours is the voice I hear when the sun sneaks in to warm me. When my heart aches with life's pains, you are my angel. I never expected someone like you. Someone kind and loving as you. You snuck into my life like a true angel in the night. Loving you is the only thing that brought me this far. Because you're my angel in the night.

Love Always

Your Hearts Desire

I put the letter in my bag then headed off to gym class feeling not so happy. I was tired of these games this person needed to step up and tell me; because honestly, I was starting to fall in love with him.