Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

She Knows

Image

Gym class was finally over. Today we played dodgeball which wasn't my favorite, I hated people on the other team. They thought they had to hit you as hard as they wanted. I should report to the principle that if I get a bruise I'm going to sue his ass. I walked out to the parking lot, students were already heading tho their cars in the rain. I noticed Jacob standing next to my car. He looked really pissed off. Probably because I wasn't listening to what he told me. I wasn't going to stay away from the Cullen's just because they were supposably vampires. They were my friends. Well, Alice and Edward were. The other's didn't seem to like me that much.

"Hey Jake" I said with a large smile on my face.

"Are we still on for the dance?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I thought you would rather go with the bloodsucker"

I looked around the parking lot, the only one's that I had to worry about were Rosalie and Emmett but they were too busy kissing to hear what Jacob said.

"Jacob, he's not a bloodsucker"

"How do you know Madelyn. Did you ask him?"

"Well no"

"Then how do you know?"

"Look, I'm already pissed off today as it is so I'm really not in the mood to fight with you Jacob. I'll see you on Monday"

"Oh, you don't want to hang out this weekend?"

"No, I have a Biology Project that I have to do"

I didn't dare tell him that my partner was Edward.

"Okay, well I'll see you later then Billy is waiting for me"

I watched as Jacob headed to Billy's truck. They both waved at me as they drove off. I then got into my car and turned on the engine. I cranked up the heat so I wouldn't be freezing my ass off. I noticed that Edward and Alice who got back from her doctor's appointment were talking to Rosalie and Emmett. They both kept glancing over at me. Edward's head turned to look at me, his eyes were black pitch black. I quickly looked away; had Rosalie and Emmett heard what Jacob said.

~Edward's POV~

"Edward, how long are you going to keep playing with this girl?" asked Alice as we walked through the hallways. She had just came back from going hunting. She didn't want to take a chance of bringining Lacey to our house so she was going over there. She needed to feed before she did that.

"I'm not playing with her. You told me to make her experience love; that is what I am doing"

"By writing her love letters?"

"Yes"

We headed outside into the cold rainy air. I spotted Maddie getting into her car. She wasn't paying attention to me so I had time to talk to the other's and let her warm up in the car.

"Edward, Alice, I think you need to hear this" said Rosalie.

We walked closer to her.

"She knows" she said.

I looked at her confused. "Maddie knows what we are?" I asked.

Emmett and Rosalie nodded. Jasper was now at Alice's side.

"How?" I asked.

Rosalie and Emmett glanced up at Maddie then back at us.

"Jacob Black was talking to her in the parking lot a few minutes ago. He asked Maddie if they were still going to the dance together. She said yeah why?" Rosalie stopped and looked at all of us. "Then he said I thought you would rather go with the bloodsucker"

I felt my eyes turn black. I was so pissed off at that mut. Why hadn't I heard anything from her mind about this? Maybe she put it to the back of her mind, and thought mainly about the letters. I turned my head to look at her. Her eyes stared into mine. I knew I must've scared her because she quickly looked away.

"Thanks for telling me" I said then walked to Maddie's car.

~*~

The passenger side door opened and Edward got in. He put his seat belt on, without saying a word I pulled out of the parking lot and headed down the road. Edward told me what way's to go but that was mainly all he said to me. I finally came to a stop in front of a beautiful white house.

"Wow, you live here" I asked.

"Yes" Edward said coldly. He then got out of the car.

I grabbed my bag along with keys and followed him onto the wrap around porch. Why was he acting like this? They must've heard Jacob I thought. He tensed up as he opened the door for me. He ushered me inside the beautiful house. The walls were white, the couches were black, the floors were wood, and everything had it's own special touch to it. The stair case was also so beautiful.

A man with blonde hair and a woman with long wavy brown hair walked down from the stair case. They were both attractive just like Edward and his family.

"Maddie this is my father Carlisle and my mother Esme" Edward introduced.

"Hi, it's nice to meet you" I said.

They both shook my hand. They were extremely cold.

"Nice to meet you to Madelyn. Edward's told us all about you" said Esme.

"Oh"

"We better get started on our Biology project." said Edward. "Come on Maddie"

Edward led me up the stair case and down a long hallway. His room was at the very end. I was shocked to see how much music he had. He turned around to stare at me as I looked around his room. He had a black couch but not a bed which was odd, there was also a large window that looked out over the large river, he had a computer, a desk, a flat screen TV, and a large stereo.

"Maddie" he whispered. He was now standing behind me. His cold hands touched my arms, I slowly closed my eyes at the electricity that sparked between us. "We better get started" he said.

"Yes"

He let go of me then walked over to the desk. I followed after him. We spent a couple of hours doing that damn skeleton figurine. We finally finished it around six; which was good. We had more time to work on our worksheets and the paper. Edward didn't really say much to me. I could tell he was lost in thought. I didn't push him into telling me what he was thinking. Soon, he finally said something.

"Madelyn, why don't you stay the night tonight so you don't have to drive back here early in the morning" he said while looking into my eyes.

"Okay, I'll just have to ask my mom"

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and went over to the large window. I called her at work because I knew she wouldn't answer her cell.

"Fork's Diner, this is Lucy how can I help you"

"Hey Luce, it's Maddie. Can I talk to my mom"

"Sure Cuz!"

A few moments later my mom was on the other end.

"Hello?"

"Hey mom, I was wondering if I could stay the night with my friend Alice. We got partnered up to do a Biology Project and we still have a lot more to do"

"Yeah, that's fine sweetie"

"Do I work this weekend?"

"Nope, I'll give you the weekend off to work on your project"

"Thanks mom, I love you"

"I love you too"

I hung up the phone then spun around to look at Edward.

"Spending the night with Alice huh?" he smiled.

"If I told her I was spending the night with some guy she's never met she would say hell no"

He laughed. "I guess you're right"

"Edward, why have you been so cold towards me"

"I haven't" he said.

"Yes, you have"

"Are you hungry?"

"Uh, yeah a little"

"Come on"

Edwar led me down the stairs and into the kitchen. He then whipped me up some chicken alfredo.

"Wow, you can cook?" I asked.

"Is that a shock?"

"A little, I didn't know guys could cook"

He laughed. "I'm an excellent cook"

He set the bowl in front of me. I took one bite of the food, it was amazing.

"This is good" I said while taking another bite.

"Thank you"

I looked up to see that Edward wasn't eating. "You're not hungry?"

"No, I had a big lunch"

I looked at him confused. "Edward, I was with you during lunch and you didn't eat a damn thing"

"Well, I had a big breakfast. I'll eat later" he said.

I shrugged. "Okay"

I wasn't going to argue I was in love with this chicken alfredo. When I finished Edward led me into the living room to watch a movie. He popped in a movie that I haven't seen before. It was okay.

"Where are the others?" I asked.

"Alice is at Lacey's, Carlise's at the hospital, Rosalie and Emmett are probably off on a date, Jasper is probably up stairs, and Esme she's probably outside somewhere"

"Oh,"

Edward and I watched a few more movies. By the time the second one was half way through Alice came into the front door.

"Did you both finish?" she asked.

"Nope" replied Edward.

"Don't you think you need to be working on it instead of watching movies?"

"Maddie's spending the night tonight" said Edward.

Alice looked at me."Oh, have you eaten yet Maddie? I can make you something to eat"

"Thank Alice but Edward already made me something to eat"

"Okay"

"I better go to my house and get some pajamas and clothes for tomorrow" I said. I was about to get up when Alice stopped me.

"You can borrow some of my clothes, we're about the same size"

I nodded then followed Alice up to her room. She handed me a cute set of pajamas; it was a little to revealing but they were cute all the same. She then gave me clothes for tomorrow. A pair of jeans, a cute lacy black and red top, and black boots. I thanked her for the clothes.

"You can sleep in my room tonight, I'll sleep with Jasper. The bathroom is right through that door" she pointed to an open door that was in her room.

"Your bathroom is in you room? That so cool!"

She smiled. "I'll let you get changed"

I walked into the bathroom. It was really beautiful; she had tons of makeup, hair products, bath soaps, bubble bath, and shampoo's. I looked through them all then quickly changed into the pajama's. I set my clothes in the hamper then messed around with her makeup. A soft knock on the door startled me.

"It's just me" said Alice.

She opened the door then walked inside. She saw me looking at her makeup.

"This is really expensive makeup" I said.

She shrugged. "Rosalie has more than I do. Um, we need to talk Maddie. I don't want to scare you or put you on the spot or anything but I know"

I looked at her confused. "About what?" I asked.

"You know about me and my family. That we're vampires" she said.

The lip gloss that I had been holding fell to the floor. That's why Edward was acting weird around me today. He knew that I knew. They knew.