Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Are You Scared?

Image

"Alice, I just thought it was a myth" I said while slurring my words.

"So you know then?"

I slowly nodded my head. "Are you going to kill me now?"

She laughed. "No, I'm not going to kill you but the other's might" she grabbed my hand leading me out of her room and down the stairs.

I noticed that all of the Cullen's were in the living room. I then felt so uncomfortable at what I was wearingbut they didn't seem to mind. I knew they were all very pissed off. Alice let go of my wrist; I noticed that her skin was really cold. I rubbed the spot trying to warm it up. Rosalie briskly walked over to me. She was so beautiful up close and personal.

"Who told you? I want to know who it was" she said coldly.

My eyes lingered at the others, they were all staring at me for answers.

"You know who told me" I replied. Maybe now wasn't the time to be a smartass.

"I want to hear it from you.

I looked over at Edward. His arms were folded across his chest and his eyes were staring into my soul.

"It was Jacob Black" I said.

"I knew it" yelled Emmett.

"He didn't really tell me. He told me a myth about vampires and his ancestors and I guessed it" I said. "I'm assuming it's the truth?"

Edward stepped closer to me. "Are you scared?"

I began to feel tears in my eyes. I hated being put on the spot; and as of right now all I could think about was getting my blood sucked out of me. I ran out the front door towards my car. I cursed when I realized that my keys were inside in Edward's room.

"Shit" I yelled then dropped to my knees. I couldn't help it; I started crying. I didn't know why, it was just all these emotions about the Cullen's being vampires and about dying. I didn't want to die. I also thought that Edward was my friend.

"Madelyn" someone whispered behind me.

The little hairs on the back of my nec stood up. I knew it was him. Cold hands pulled me up to my feet.

"Leave me alone" I yelled. "You lied to me"

"I didn't lie to you. I wasn't allowed to tell you Maddie. Believe me, everyday I wanted too" replied Edward.

"Why are you doing this to me? Why did you want to be my friend?"

"Because Madelyn, the first time I saw you I fell in love, and you smiled because you knew"

"You love me?" I asked while looking up at him.

"Very much" he pulled me closer to his rock hard body.

I felt my heart skip a beat. I never thought in a million years I would be hearing Edward Cullen telling me that he loves me. This had to be a dream; I was back at home in my warm bed dreaming all this up. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks-the letter's were from Edward they had to be. I knew that hating love was stupid especially the way it made me feel right now. A life with out love is no life at all right?

Edward carefully picked me up and carried me back inside the house. He sat me down on the couch letting me think through my thoughts. I finally spoke up because they were all looking at me.

"Do you drink blood?" I stuttered.

"Yes" said Esme. She was sitting right next to me. "Her heart is pounding so fast. Jasper, make her feel relaxed"

I looked over at Jasper. He slowly moved forward with the help of Edward. His cold hand touched my shoulder, at once I felt myself become relaxed and that everything would be okay. I looked up into his eyes with a soft smile he backed away.

"Wow, I feel better" I said. "Do you drink blood of humans?"

"That is what's different about us Madelyn" this time Carlisle was talking. "We do not drink the blood of humans anymore, we now drink the blood of animals. It is difficult for us yes, but it satisfies us for the time being"

"How did you all become vampires?"

The looked around the room at each other. I knew they probably didn't want to tell me so I didn't push it any further.

"I think I'll go take a hot bath then go to bed, I'm a little tired" I said as I stood up.

I glanced at Edward, his eyes were staring me up and down. I then headed upstairs into Alice's room. I shut the door and turned on the light. A large stereo was sitting on a dresser. I put a CD in then sat down on the bed just listening to the beautiful melody of the song. I didn't know who sang it but it was beautiful.

how long have I
been in this storm
so overwhelmed by the ocean's shapeless form
water's getting harder to tread
with these waves crashing over my head
if I could just see you
everything will be alright
if I'd see you
the storminess will turn to light
and I will walk on water
and you will catch me if I fall
and I will get lost into your eyes
and everything will be alright
and everything will be alright
I know you didn't
bring me out here to drown
so why am I 10 feet under and upside down
barely surviving has become my purpose
cause I'm so used to living underneath the surface
if I could just see you
everything will be alright
if I see you
the storminess will turn to light
and I will walk on water
and you will catch me if I fall
and I will get lost into your eyes
and everything will be alright
and I will walk on water
you will catch me if I fall
and I will get lost into your eyes
and everything will be alright
I know everything is alright
everything's alright

I looked at the CD to see that it was lifehouse; I would have to buy that CD sometime. I went into the bathroom and shut the door. I started up the water then put in vanilla bubble bath. I undressed and got into the tub. i just sat there for a while just listening to the rest of the Lifehouse CD. A few times I found myself dozing off. The water started to get cold so I got out, dried off, and put the pajamas back on. I then went into the bedroom. I slid underneath the covers trying to go to sleep but I couldn't stop thinking about Edward.

"Edward" I whispered.

I waited not even a minute, the door slowly opened. Edward peaked inside to look at me. He walked over ot me, he carefully sat down on the bed.

"Do you not sleep?" I asked him.

He smiled then shook his head. "No, I don't sleep ever"

"Wow, that's a bummer" I grabbed his cold hand holding it in mine. "How did you turn?"

Edward slowly leans down. His cold lips press against my forehead then he moves closer to my ear. "Tomorrow will be the time for questions. Now, sleep peacefully my love" With another kiss on the cheek the left the room.

The door shut softly.I feel myself now extremely tired. I close my eyes and dream about beind in Edward's arms for the rest of my life.