Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Not My Story To Tell

Image

The rain splatters on the window sill; I slowly open my eyes at the noise. I look around the room; it was just a dream. Then I realized that I wasn't in my room but in Alice's room. I smile to myself then sit up and stretch out my body. I look at the clock to see that it is after nine. I get out of the bed then go into the bathroom. I take a hot shower that made me feel better. When I got out I used Alice's makeup. I spent a while trying to make it look perfect. I put on some lip gloss then blow dried my hair and straightened it. I put on the clothes that Alice gave me yesterday then walked out of the room. I looked around the hall to find that it was completely deserted. With a smile on my face I went further into the hall towards Edward's room. I opened the door and peaked inside. He was staring out the window as the rain fell from the sky.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked without even looking at me.

"Yes, thank you" I walked over to him and looked out the window. "It's so beautiful" I whispered.

Edward looked at me. "Not as beautiful as you Maddie"

"Have you ever felt this way about a human before?"

He shook his head. "No, never" He pulled me close to him like he did last night. "I watched you sleeping last night; you looked so beautiful my love"

"You watched me sleep?"

"If you tell me not too I won't do it again"

"I don't mind, it's just that I snore and slobber"

Edward laughed. "You do no such thing!"

He kissed my cheek again then pulled me closer to him. I rested my head on his chest; of course I knew he wouldn't have a heartbeat but it made everything seem that much real. He was a vampire; I was a human. How could this work? He would live for eternity and I would grow old and die. I knew thinking about becoming a vampire was stupid. But if that made us stay together forever then I would surely accept that offer.

"I'm not turning you into a vampire" he whispered clearly reading my mind.

"It was just a thought"

"I don't want you to be a monster like me Madelyn"

"You're not a monster Edward; you are so much more than that"

He let go of me then looked around the room. "We better get started on our project"

I nodded. "Yes"

We spent the next few hours doing our project. After finishing up the work sheets we started on the paper. We decided to write it over Lung Cancer. I wrote it out then put it with the rest of our things.

"Spend the night again" Edward told me.

"I don't know if I can"

"I can't be away from you now, I can't let you go"

I smiled. "I have to go home sometime"

"Just one more night Maddie"

"Okay, let me call my mom"

I called my mom and surprisingly she said that it was fine.

"Now, tell me how it happened"

"you're so demanding" said Edward.

"Yes, I am"

Edward held onto my hand as he began to tell me the story. "Carlisle was born in London England during the late 1640's. He was born to an Anglican Pastor during the time of religious persecution. After his change, Carlisle tried desperately to destory himself because he was so repulsed by what he was. He tried to starve himself but the compulsion to feed was too stron. He eventually fed on a herd of deer passing by. Carlisle changed me after my real mother Elizabeth begged Carlisle to do something to save me. My father, mother, and I had the Spanish Influenza. Later, in 1921 he changed Esme after she was brought into the morgue with her heart still beating-she tried to commit suicide after losing another child"

"When were you born?"

"I wasn born on June 20th 1901"

"I was born June 21st 1989. If you were born in 1901 that make you at least 104 years old"

He smiled. "Yes, I was turned in 1918"

I nodded. "Thank you for telling me Edward" I softly kissed his hand then smiled at him. "How did Alice and the other's turn"

"That's not my story to tell" he replied.

"Okay, I understand but answer this. Why don't you all like Jacob?"

Edward smiled at me then said, "That's not my story to tell"