Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Can't Sleep

Image

I got sick of lying in the bed so I got out and left Alice's room. I peaked my head down the stairs to see that no one was in the living room but the lights were on. That's when I heard the soft music of a radio playing down the hall. I slowly crept down the hall getting closer to the music. It came from Edward's room; I softly knocked on the door. He flung it open and smiled down at me.

"I can't sleep" I said.

"Come in"

Edward ushered me inside his room. I sank down on the small black couch; it was a little chilly in his room because the large window was opened. Edward put a blanket over me but left the window open.

"I would close that but no offense I don't want your smell to engulf my room" he smirked.

"Are you saying I smell bad?"

He chuckled. "No, I'm saying you smell extremely good"

He sank down next to me pulling my body closer to his. I rested my head on his shoulder feeling as if everything was in place. His cold fingers began to run through my hair.

"Give me a few facts about you" I said while trying to keep my eyes open.

"Let's see, I am incredibly fast"

"I knew that!"

He smiled. "I collect cars, I play the piano, I can read minds, and I love you"

"You don't know how good it feels to hear you say that to me"

"How good does it feel?"

"It feels as if my heart can just melt by those words"

He nuzzled his nose into my hair then stopped. "I have to be careful around you Maddie" he stated.

"I know it's hard for you to be around me"

"It makes me feel horrible that I sometimes think about killing you"

"I hope you don't think that now"

"I'm getting used to your scent; it's alluring I'll give you that but I'm trying my hardest not to be the predator that I am"

"I understand, so we can't get too close to each other?"

He shook his head. "Right now, you just laying here next to me is killing me inside"

I chuckled. "You're already dead"

"Bad analogy, let's just say I'm trying extremely hard not to do anything too rash"

"Like what?"

"Like kissing you. Believe me I want too"

"You just don't know what will happen" I finished.

"Yes, I'm afraid I will kill you my love"

I closed my eyes feeling extremely tired. Edward began to hum a soft tune in my ear, a lullaby that soothed me into a deep sleep.

~*~

*Edward's POV*

I look down at Maddie to see that she is fast asleep. She was so beautiful in every single way, she was the woman of my dreams. I softly pick her up in my arms careful not to wake her. I slip into Alice's room and place her fragile body on the bed. She looked like Sleeping Beauty, all I had to do was lean down and kiss her. I was so afraid that I would hurt her but I knew if instinct kicked in I would be out of the room in a flash. I slowly bent down getting closer to her lips. My cold dead lips pressed against her warm satin ones. I felt in electric shock enhance my body. Her taste was of strawberries, I pulled away then kissed her forehead.

"Good night my love, dream of me" I whispered in her ear then left the room.

~*~

I opened my eyes the next morning feeling as if life couldn't get any better. I was back in Alice's room-Edward must've carried me in here. I slipped out of the bed and raced down the stairs into the large laundry room. Alice washed my clothes for me last night so I wold have a clean pair to wear for today. I got them out of the dryer then headed back up the stairs. I quickly changed in Alice's bathroom when I walked out Edward was sitting on the bed.

"You have to go?" he asked.

I nodded. "I'm sorry, I have to get back home"

"I understand, I might see you tonight while you're sleeping"

I smiled. "I would like that! I'll leave the Biology stuff here, is that okay?"

"Yeah, that's fine"

I got my purse and dug my keys out of it. "Thank you for letting me stay the weekend"

"You are welcome to stay here whenever you want Madelyn"

Edward softly grabbed my hand and led me down the stairs. We walked together to my car, I didn't want to go but I had too. Edward pulled me into a hug. I smelt the sweet scent of him as my head rested on his shoulder. It smelt of honey, sun, and a floral scent; I just wanted to stay in his arms for the rest of my life. He softly kissed my forehead.

"I love you" I told him.

"I love you too" he whispered.

With another kiss on the forehead he released me. I got into my car and started it up. I looked up to see that Edward was now standing on the porch watching me leave. I waved at him then headed down the road. My mom was at work so when I pulled into my driveway I was shocked to see a car there. It wasn't just any car; it was Jacob's car.

"Shit" I said as I cut off the engine. I got out of my car to be greeted by him. His dark eyes glanced over me.

"Did he hurt you?" he demanded.

"No he didn't hurt me Jacob. God, don't be stupid"

"Why the hell were you over there Maddie? I called your house Friday night to see if you wanted to go to a campfire with me and some friends but your mom said you were at Alice Cullen's house doing a Biology Project. Did he put his hands on you?"

"Jacob, that's really none of your business"

"It is my business"

"Why do you hate him so much Jacob? What the hell are you a werewolf or something? I read that that's the only mortal enemy a vampire has"

Jacob looked down to the concrete ground. "Yes, I'm a werewolf" he said softly.

My mouth literally fel to the ground.