Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Wanting More

Image

I knew what I said to Jacob was wrong but I was so pissed off at him. Why didn't he just tell me what was going on? We were best friends and I hated it when he kept things from me. How could he have kept the secret of him being a werewolf from me so long? We have been best friends since we were babies; our mother's were best friends when they were little as well. I was there for him when his mother died, he was there for me when my father left, all we had was each other. Was he just upset that I wanted to be with Edward? Then it hit me; that was it. Jacob was jealous of Edward he had to be. Otherwise why would he be acting like this? He knew that the Cullen's only drank the blood of animals, he also knew that they wouldn't do anything to harm me or it would break the treaty.

My mind was spinning so fast that I didn't noice my window open and Edward come in.

"I hate men" I said.

"Why?" his voice asked.

I jumped out of my bed nearly wetting myself. "Shit Edward, you scared the hell out of me"

He smiled then said, "I guess Jacob told you then"

"How did y-"

He tapped his temple.

"Oh yeah duh, I forgot you can read minds"

"You've been thinking about him for nearly three hours and it's driving me insane so I decided to come here and see what I could do"

He sat down on my bed pulling me into his body. I didn't like the position so I lay down and rested my head on his lap. His fingers began to run through my hair, I didn't dare fall asleep. I wanted to talk to him as long as I could.

"If you fall asleep I won't leave" he told me.

"What if my mom comes in?"

"I can hear very well Maddie. I'll know when she gets up and if she does I'll hide"

"Okay"

"Tell me what happened" he whispered.

I explained to Edward all that happened with me and Jacob. How Jacob was at my house when I pulled into the driveway, him telling me he was a werewolf, showing me, the little fight that we got into, and the inkling of why he wanted me to stay away from Edward. He tensed up at that thought but soon loosened up.

"Why were things awkward between you two four months ago?" asked Edward.

I knew that he already knew because I was having flash backs from that day but he probably wanted to hear it from me so I told him.

"Well, we kissed, or actually he kissed me. I only thought of him as a brother nothing more and it really weirded me out so I quit talking to him"

"That's understandable"

"Do I have every right to be mad at him?"

"Honestly, you do but I think you should brush it off your shoulder. What he did was ridiculous but I would've done the same thing if I was in his shoes. He was just trying to protect you because he cares about you Maddie. Like I do"

"I don't want him to care about me, that's what's making it so hard for me. I don't feel the same way he feels for me, if he does feel that way"

"He does"

I nodded. I always wanted Jacob to find the right girl but that girl just wasn't me. He was my little brother and always would be, nothing more.

"I don't have those same feelings for him Edward"

"I know you don't"

Edward then laid down beside me. His arms wrapped softly around my body. Our bodies fit perfectly, like they were made for each other.

"I'm glad we're friends" I told him before I dozed off.

~Edward's POV~

My arms softly pulled Maddie's sleeping body closer to me. It hurt me to know that she only thought of us as friends. I wanted more; I wanted her to be with me for the rest of her life. I didn't want her to be with me forever by turning her into a vampire because that would make me feel so bad. I wanted Maddie to live her life to the fullest; I didn't want her to be a monster. I let go of Maddie then wondered around her room; I knew it wasn't right to snoop around her room but I was bored. I found her Ipod and began to scroll through it. She liked all types of music mostly rock; the songs she picked were really good. I had a lot of the same CD's that she did. I listened to some more songs then got a photo book off of the shelf. I began to flip through it looking at pictures of Maddie, she was so beautiful. They ranged from baby pictures and all the way up to now. I smiled then just sat in the chair staring at her while she slept. She was my life now.