Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Lost Date

Image

I woke up the next morning and looked around the room to see if Edward was still there. He was, he was sitting next to me with a smile on his face.

"Did you sleep well?" he asked.

"Yes, I did. You stayed here all night?"

He nodded. "I have to go now though and change. I'll meet you at school" He kissed my forehead then left through my window.

I got up then started getting ready for school. My mom was in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal; I got my own and joined her at the table. My mind fixated on Edward. It's funey that just a month ago I didn't even know he existed, those were the days that my life was hell. Before Edward came here it indeed was my hell. I didn't love, I hated my life, and guys were just after one thing. I let out a sigh which made my mother lift her head up.

"Is everything alright?" she asked. She hadn't noticed that I had been extremely happy lately which was weird. She was spending most of her time at work now and not enough time with me. She never had time for me; she was always working. I think I resented that. One day I just wanted to have a mother daughter day with her. Was that too much too ask?

"Everythings fine mom, thanks for asking" I slurped up the last bite of my now soggy cereal. I placed the spoon in the bowl making it clink loudly. "I'm going to school" I said tehn got up leaving my mother with her thoughts.

"The dance is this Friday" she stated, something that I already knew. "Do you have a date?"

"Yes, I'm going with Jacob"

"That's nice" she said.

I shrugged. I guess it was nice, it would be hard for me to be there with him knowing that he wanted more between us. Something that I didn't want. I had strong feelings for Edward, my Edward. This made me think, my mom and Edward needed to meet each other. I knew she would love him without a doubt. He was handsome, charming, and every girls dream. Who wouldn't love him? I left my house having enough time to talk to Edward before class. It started to rain of course. That's all Forks had to offer, rain. Which I loved, it was better than the sunny skies and the heat. I pulled into the parking lot aware that the other student's were taking the spots. I drove around in a circly trying to find an empty spot. There was only one, the spot next to Edward's car. He wouldn't mind. I drove over to his car and parked in the spot. His family turned around to look at me. I felt at ease with them now. I knew that they were vampires, I held their secret that I wouldn't dare tell anyone else. I got out of my car to be greeted by Alice. She was so happy and jumpy today, well she's like that every day. Jasper was at her side with his arms wrapped around her small frame.

"You're wearing the makeup I gave you" She said. Alice was so happy to give me some of her makeup and clothes that she hardly wore. Of course, I was happy to take them off her hands.

"Yes, I really love the shimmering eye shadow. It brings out my eyes. Thanks again Alice"

"You're welcome Maddie. I hope we do well on our Biology project"

"Of course you know you'll do good" I said.

She looked over at Edward who was leaning against the car with his hands in his pockets. Could he be anymore god like? He softly smiled at me making me smile back. I was so happy to have him in my life. I never thought this day would come where I was hapy to go to school to see his face.

"You told her?" asked Alice.

"Yeah, she wanted to know"

Alice shrugged then turned to me. "You'll get a 100%" she said.

I smiled. "Thanks for telling me Alice"

"Not a problem" She looked up at Jasper who was staring at her like she was the only thing that mattered. "Are you ready?"

"Yes" he said.

"I'll see you in Math" Alice told me before she walked off with Jasper.

Emmett and Rosalie stood off to the side talking. Emmett smiled at me then turned to Rosalie; she of course still hated me. I didn't know what I could do to make her like me. I also didn't know why she hated me so much.

"She doesn't hate you"

Edward was now at my side leaning against my car.

"Then why does she act like it?"

"She's just jealous of you being a human. Don't mind her, I always try to ignore her"

"Oh, well that makes perfect sense"

He smiled. "Let's go inside"

Edward held onto my hand as he walked me inside the school. I saw the looks on everyone's face as they passed us. The girls mainly couldn't believe I was holding hands with the hottest guy in school. It was quite funny that they wanted to be me. Even Tiffany was lost for words. I smirked at her as we walked by.

"Don't gloat" said Edward soft enough so that only I could hear.

"Sorry, it's just that i'm so happy" I replied.

Edward stopped in front of my locker. His golden eyes lingered on it then onto me. "Looks like you have another letter" he said.

I pulled it out of the slot then read it. This one was rather long so it took me some time to read it thoroughly.

Dearest Madelyn,

To the girl whose beauty is present in all seasons I tell you why you are beautiful here are the reasons;

Your beauty extends into the heavens, it goes on forever and never lessens. Even when the clouds heighten you are here and the world brightens. you are like a fruit that constantly ripens. Your beauty continues to grow no matter what happens.

My foundness for you constantly deepens because every time I see you my heart starts to weaken. You make everything else appear hollow. You shine so bright you cast your own shadow. A beauty that others would love to borrow but try as they might your beauty will never catch because something like you they could never match.

Your beauty seems to increase with every breathe it tests the limit of imagination can stretch it makes me question if what I am seeing is real I only know it is true by the way I feel Your beauty is so vast it can't be concealed there is no hiding, your beauty is always revealed.

The power of your beauty is the world's greatest gift the heaviest boulder it could easily lift a girl this perfect I never knew all that changed the moment I met you heaven on earth I was not aware until I met a girl that crafted with such care You could be the answer to a prayer if someone asked for something rare with beauty to spare.

If I had a choice I would choose this girl over air for air can't compare to the girl not found elsewhere.

Love Always; Your Hearts Desire

I finished reading the note. How could this person love me so much and me not even know who he is? It really didn't matter anymore. I had Edward. He was teh man I wanted. He was who I wanted the poet to be. I stuck the letter in my back pocket then looked up at him. He was staring at me with a crooked smile on his face. I knew he probably read my thoughts while I was reading. He knew what the letter said.

"Very beautiful" he said. "This man knows how to write"

"You know who it is Edward" I stated.

"How do I know?"

I arched my eyebrows. "Remember when Jasper put the note in my locker and he said that he was delivering it and I asked you about it?"

"Yes, I remember. But I'm still not telling you who it is"

I sighed. "I'm tired of these games"

I then get an inkling; maybe the letters are from Jacob. That wouldn't work though because his handwriting sucks and why would Japer put a note in my locker for Jacob. I had to know though. I turned to Edward, he already knew my plan.

"I'll see you in Biology" he said then left.

I then raced down the hall trying to find Jacob. It wasn't that hard- he was the only Indian in Forks. I finally spotted him but what I saw next made me screech to a halt. Tiffany was standing next to Jacob talking and flirting it up with him. Jacob smiled at her with his pearly white teeth. He couldn't like tiffany could he? She was the queen of all bitches. She gave him a swift hug then walked towards me. Her innocent face she had with Jacob turned into pure hatered when she spotted me.

"Looks like you just lost your date" she said then walked off her heels clamping on the school tile.

I rush over to Jacob and push him hard against the wall. He looked down at me then rolled his eyes.

"Why were you talking to Tiffany?" I demanded.

"Because we're dating"

"You can't date her"

He raised his eyebrows. "Why?"

"Because you're going to the dance with me"

He looked down to the floor.

"You're still going to the dance with me right?"

"Look Maddie, Tiffany told me that she saw you in the hall kissing that blo- Edward. I just want to give you what you want. You want to go to the dance with Edward"

"First of all, we weren't kissing we were holding hands. Second of all, I still want to go with my best friend to the dance"

"Quit lying Maddie, it's not polite" he said.

My eyes narrowed. "You can't go with that bitch"

"I am Maddie, and don't call my girlfriend a bitch"

I got right up in his face. "And don't call Edward and his family bloodsuckers" A little light then blinked on over my head. "You're just doing this to get back at me because I'm seeing Edward. I can't really not see him I go to the same school as him for crying out loud. What do you want me to do gouge my eyes out? If that'll help I'll do it"

"Maddie, I like Tiffany and I'm not going to listen to you. You can't tell me who I can or can't see. I'm going to the dance with her. It won't be hard for you to find a date anyway"

"That's just fine Jacob, because I didnt' want to go to the dance with a dog anyway"

The hurt in Jacob's eyes made me want to apologize but I was too pissed off at him. I gave him one last look then walked down the hall back to my locker. I got my math book and binder then headed to class. The warning bell rang as I sank down in my seat. Alice knew that I was pissed off; she turned to me.

"Maddie, it's okay" she said.

At that moment I wanted to cry but I didn't. I wasn't going to waste any tears on Jacob Black.

"Does Edward have a date"

She smiled at me knowing that I was going to ask that. "No, he doesn't"

"Good, I want to go with him because Jacob Black is an ass-" the bell cut me off. Perfect timing.

"Okay, why don't you come over after school on Friday so I can do your hair and makeup for the dance?"

"That would be great!"

I took notes then started on my math assignment. Alice whizzed by hers then helped me with the rest of it. I thanked her. I was glad to actually finish a math assignment before the bell rang. I darted out of class then headed towards my locker. I didn't get very far because I saw Jacob standing by it. I almost went over and punched him when I saw him take another letter out of my locker. He opened it up, read it then put it back. I waited a few minutes but he didn't leave so I headed to my locker. Jacob started rambling on about how sorry he was.

"It's too late to apologize Jacob" I said then headed down the hall with my Biology book.

Jacob deserved what he got; getting back at me for hanging out with Edward was not a thing true friend's do. And then going with Tiffany the girl who I hated so much to the dance really pissed me off.