Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

You Wanted To Ask Me Something?

Image

I skidded to a halt outside the Biology classroom. Edward was leaning against the wall waiting for me. A smile grew onto my face. Alice had already told him but I played it off.

"Did you get our project?" I asked him.

He nodded.

"Okay, let's get to class"

He shook his head then folded his arms over his chiseled chest. "You wanted to ask me something?"

"Why should I have to ask? You're the dude"

He laughed. "The dude!" His eyes lingered down on me waiting for me to ask him. He wasn't going to give in and neither was I.

"I'm not asking you, I shouldn't have too" I said then went into the classroom. Edward followed closely behind me.

While the other studen't read their papers out loud and turned in their bone sculpture along with paper's Edward kept whispering at me.

"Are you going to ask me yet?"

I shook my head. "Nope, you should ask me"

I have to admit it was quite funny; we were both stubborn. This could last until Friday. I wasn't going to give in because I shouldn't have to ask him; he should ask me. He's the guy. He nudged me softly in the arm. I looked up at him to see him halfway standing up. It was now our turn. Edward got the bone structure while I got the report and worksheets. On the way to the desk, I noticed that Edward's handwriting looked exactly like the one's on the notes. I glanced over at him knowing he read my thought. He softly smiled to himself then turned the things in. I got stuck reading the stupid paper. I hated reading in front of everyone but when I got done they all clapped which was odd. It was just a paper about lung cancer; no one else clapped for each other.

I smiled then went back to my seat; Edward sank down next to me.

~*~

'I can't believe we got a 100%" I said when we got out of class.

"I told you you'd get a good grade" said Alice. She was walking beside me while Edward was on the other side.

"Are you going to the dance together?" asked Alice as we rounded the corner.

"She hasn't asked me yet" replied Edward.

"And I shouldn't have too right Alice, I'm the girl, he's the guy he should ask me"

"She right Edward, it would be polite to ask her"

"Nah, I don't think I will" He said then left before I could ask him about the handwriting.

I smiled to myself.

"He'll give in" said Alice.

"Do you see it?" I asked.

She glowed. "Oh yeah, he'll give in at the end of the day" with one last smile she gracefully walked down the hallway.

I got my art supplies out of my locker then headed to class.

During art class I sketched a portrait of Edward because we had to do one of a person in class. I thought it would be funny if I made Edward have big ears, a big nose, and bug eyes. Edward who was concentrating on his drawing didn't pay any attention to me until I started to laugh uncontrollably.

"What in the world is so funny?" He asked while looking up at me.

I laughed as I turned the portrait around to face him. He chuckled then turned his around, he didn't mess it up or anything, it looked beautiful.

"That's how you see me?" I asked him.

"Yes, this is how I see you"

The portrait had me standing in a meadow with roses surrounding me, my hair blowing in the wind, my blue eyes sparkling, my skin so soft, and my smile beautiful.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to do this to yours. I just thought it would be funny"

"It's a hoot" he said then wrote his name on the portrait and turned it in.

I quickly did another drawing of Edward. This time it was a full on view of him staring out of the window in his room which led to the river. He smiled at it when I finished.

"It looks good" he said.

"Thank you"

I turned it in then sat back down next to him. He held onto my hand under the desk; I was starting to get used to the coldness of it.

"Mr. Cullen and Ms. Wells" said Mrs. Graves. I thought we were getting in trouble for holding hands but she smiled at us as she held up the portraits that he had drawn. "These are excellent, I was wondering if you could do portraits of yourselves together for the art show in March"

"That would be great" I said.

Edward smiled. "How many do we need?"

"About six, you both can draw three each. Don't make it too graphic though, it's a family art show"

"Okay" we both said.

The bell rang indicating that it was time for lunch. I got my art things then headed out to the hall with Edward at my side. I put my things in my locker then turned to face him.

"You going to give in yet?" I asked.

"Never"

"Alice said you would give in my the end of the day"

Edward leaned closer to my ear. "Sometimes, Alice's visions aren't correct"

Shit, I thought.