Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Riddle Me This

Image

Once inside my house I blared my music onto the rock station. I was so angry with how Jacob was acting. Mainly because he was just going with Tiffany to the dance to get back at me for seeing Edward. This really chapped my ass. I sank down on my bed letting the anger get the best of me. I wanted to punch the wall but knew that would hurt like hell. My hand still hurt form when I punched the locker a few weeks ago because then Edward was getting on my skin. Why were boys so stupid? You'd think them being a vampire and a werewolf they wouldn't act like this but hell they do. I was startled by my thoughts when the doorbell rang.

"If that's Jacob I'm going to kill him" I say.

I raced to the door and looked through the peep hole. I saw a delivery man carrying some type of white flowers. I opened up the door to be greeted by him.

"Madelyn Wells?" he asked.

"Yeah, that's me"

"You got a delivery, you're very lucky to get flowers today"

"Yeah, I should be so lucky" I signed for the flowers then took them from him. They smelt amazing; they weren't roses or carnations. What were they. "What type of flowers are these?" I asked.

"Peonies the flowers of secret love or love that is forbidden"

"Thank you" I said. I shut the door then noticed there was a note in the flowers. I pulled it out then read it.

Maddie,

I write to let you know that I think about you lest you not decipher how I feel our friendship gives me courage to reveal vain hopes I've long since harbored silent for you even though right now we are just friends your closeness to me makes me want you much more opening a barricaded door unraveling the veil that hides my end.

Love Always; Your Hearts Desire

I put the flowers in my room the sat down at my desk. I was going to write this person a letter. I was getting sick and tired of this person not telling me who he was. I didn't know what to say bu I started writing anyway.

Dearest Stranger,

Please tell me who you are. I want to know the man behind these beautiful words. I'm starting to think that you don't want to be with me. Wy don't you tell me who you are? Are you afraid that I will turn you down? I'm starting to love you, my heart is starting to beat only for you my quiet man. I wrote a poem for you I hope you like it;

Quiet man how gentle your words caress me soothing my heart reawakening my life your smile lifts me your touch gentles me your presence excites my mind, my body sings your name, I am happy our hearts are open each giving freely to the other to walk in the sun, our words warming our hearts and lighting our eyes I wait to feel your hand in mine to touch your face to sit warmly wrapped in your arms..To share the stars.

Your Dearest Maddie

~*~

The next morning I slip the note in the slot of my locker. I knew the guy would get it, if not oh well. I looked around for Jacob but couldn't find him anywhere. Maybe, he didn't show up today-who cared. I was still angry with him. I head outside to see if Edward was there yet. He was. He was standing with Alice and Jasper next to the Volvo. They all greet me with warm smiles.

"Maddie, do you have a dress?" asked Alice.

"Yes, it's a red one"

"Do you want to come over after school so I can start doing things to your hair and makeup?"

I smiled I thought that would be awesome. She smiled back knowing that I would say yes.

"I'll see you at our house after school then" she held onto Jasper's hand as they walked off.

Edward pulls me into his body as soon as they left. He smells the scent of my hair, I rest my head against his firm chest.

"I didn't want to go to school today" I said.

Edward puts his cold finger underneath my chin and lifts my head up so we can look at each other. "Do you want to go back to my house? We could spend the day together just you and I"

"I would love too but maybe another day Edward"

He kissed my forehead then led me into the school. "It'll go by fast" he promised.

And surprisingly it did. I spotted Jacob later on in the day with Tiffany at his side. They were both holding hands and flirting. Honestly, it hurt me to see him with her. I hated her. Why couldn't he chose someone else? He looked up at me; I didn't want him to know I was staring at him so I looked away from his gaze. After sixth I saw another note sticking out of my locker. I pulled it out then unfolded it-a smile came to my face as I read it.

Dearest Madelyn,

If you answer this riddle then I will tell you who I am;

I am warm I am cold

I am lawful, unlawful

A duty, a fault

I am often sold dear

Good for nothing when bough;

An extraordinary boon

And a matter of course,

And yielding with pleasure

When taken by force.

Please think carefully for it is quite easy.

Love Always; Your Hearts Desire

I read over the riddle trying to think about what the answer was. Nothing was coming to my mind. Edward's cold hands pulled me into him. I smiled as I looked up at him.

"Did you get another letter?" he whispered in my ear nuzzling close to me.

I slowly nod. "He said If I answer this riddle he'll tell me who he is"

"Let me see it"

I handed Edward the note, he opened it up then began to read. With a smile on his face he handed it back to me.

"Do you know what it is?" I asked.

"Yes, but I'm not ging to tell you. Like he said it is quite easy"

"I'm bad at riddles" I said, I pouted my lip out at Edward which made him kiss my forehead.

"I'm still not telling you" he shut my locker for me then lead me outside into the cool air.

"I think I'm going to skip gym so Alice can get a head start on my hair.

Edward smiled then pointed over to the Volvo where his family was already sitting inside.

I laughed. "I guess she saw it coming?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes, follow me to my house"

I nodded at him then got into my car that was parked next to him. Edward backed out then sped off down the street. I smiled, this would be fun. I raced ot of the school parking lot and fled down the road. I sped up getting on his tail end. That's when Emmett turned around and waved at me. I waved back, as I did so Edward sped off leaving me in the dust. I slowed down not wanting a ticket. I soon pulled onto the winding road that dead ended to his house. By the time I got there Edward was waiting for me on the porch.

"Took you long enough!" he said.

"Not everyone drives like a bat out of hell"

He chuckled. "Alice is upstairs waiting for you"

"Okay"

I raced passed Edward then ran up the stairs.

"Where's the fire" I heard Emmett call after me.

I turned down the hall to meet Alice who was standing outside her door. She smiled at me. "I had a vision of a perfect hairstyle. Come on!"

"I need to call my mom real quick"

She nodded.

I stepped out into the hall and ran smack into Edward.

"Shit" I yell as I start to fall back.

Edward quickly catches me then sets me on my feet.

"Watch where you're going" he told me.

"Excuse me, you ran into me" I said with a smile on my face.

He smiled back. "Calling your mom"

"Yeah" I dialed her number. The phone rang a few times until she finally answered it. "Mom, I'm over at the Cullen's. Alice is going to do my hair for Friday night and she wanted to go ahead and practice on it so she will know what style to do. Is that okay?"

"Um, yeah. Are you and Jacob still going to the winter ball?"

"No, I'm actually going with Edward Cullen"

"Who?"

"He's the doctors son, I thought I told you about him"

I knew I didn't but my mother wouldn't remember. "Oh yeah I remember you telling me about him. But why aren't you going with Jacob?"

"He decided to go with someone else"

"Did you two get into a fight again?"

"No"

"Really, is that why Billy called me asking me If I knew what happened between you two?"

I sighed. "Yes, we got into a little fight. Nothing to worry about mom"

"Okay, well this Edward better come pick you up and meet me before he takes you out"

I looked over at Edward who was smiling from ear to ear. I knew he heard the whole conversation.

"I will mom, bye"

"Bye"