Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Meant To Be

Image

*Edward's POV*

As I ran through the muggy wet forest I felt hatered fill my veins. I I hated that this human had so much control over me. I wanted to scream as loud as I could from the fury that was building up inside of me. I didn't want to be this monster that I hated with all my heart. She was making me feel this way. Madelyn Wells was just another human girl. She's just a human with an overpowering scent that I wanted. My throat started to burn as I remembered the lovely smell.

I ran fast through the forest as I heard a deer up ahead. I jumped onto the back of the small buck; my sharp teeth sank into it's neck. The warm blood filled my mouth. I drank as much as I could until the buck was indeed dead. I hunted for hours killing as many deer as I could find. The blood wasn't as overwhelming as Maddie's blood but it had to do. I was satisfied for my time being.

~*~

The moment I walked into school hte next day I knew that Maddie wasn't there. I couldn't smell her scent and couldn't hear her thoughts. Honestly, I was a little upset. I knew being around her more would make my self control even stronger. I guess I had more of an impact on her than I thought. Alice was the only one who knew about my blood lusting for this girl. She swore to me though that she wouldn't tell the other's. I trusted her.

In art class I didn't feel at all like drawing so I whipped out my old worn out diary and began to jot down a poem. I loved poetry and what it had to offer. Some of my poems were about love and romance; while the other's were about myself as a vampire. For instance, this poem was one of those.

I'd never thought I'd come to miss the sunshine, being a vampire and all. I knew I'd miss the moon though. It was so beautiful; especially with vision as good as mine. The grays, the whites, mixing together in monochromic pastels. I miss the stars too. I could see so many more of them than normal people, but they're gone, along with the rest of the universe.

For the rest of the day, I wasn't myself. I kept thinking about her. Maddie, the girl with the blonde hair and blue eyes. I didn't know why I felt this way about her. I have never had these feelings for a girl before. I was now sitting in my car waiting for my family to get out. The bell soon rang. I sped down the street the moment they got in. Alice knew something was wrong but she didn't say a thing.

~*~

~Maddie's POV~

I didn't know why I woke up at six am the next morning. I also had no clue as to why I took the time to straighten my hair and apply my makeup. I picked a pair of black pants, a red spaghetti strapped shirt coverd by a black coverall jacket that just passed below my chest, my black boots, and red fubu jacket. I spritzed Tommy Girl Perfume on then gathered up all my books. My mom was in the kitchen eating a bowl of cereal and of course drinking coffee. She looked me up and down with a smile on her face.

"You look nice"

"Thanks!"

I got a granola bar and some chocolate milk. After downing and eating these items I took my Zoloft. Yes, depression medicine. If I don't take this little oval blue pill daily I get stressed out easily, angered, I argue, I get sad, and I get really depressed.

"Who are you dressing up for?"

I swallowed the pill then spun around to look at my mom.

"I just felt like it, well i'm off"

"Okay, I need you to work tonight"

"Will do!"

I sped up faster as I got closer to the school. The moment I found a spot I quickly glanced around the parking lot looking for his car. There it was, the fancy silver Volvo with him leaning against it. I fumbled around for my bag then stepped out of the car. I didn't dare make eye contact with Edward but I felt his eyes on me.

Don't look at him I thought

Before the bell rang I turned in all my work to the teachers. They were pleased to see that I was back. I then dumped all my books into my locker. The first bell of the day rang loudly. I gathered up my math items then darted into class, Alice was already sitting in the seat next to me. She smiled at me warmly.

"Where were you these past two days?" she asked.

I looked over at her. There was something up with these Cullen's. No one human can be that beautiful.

"Oh, I was sick with the flu" I lied.

Something about the way Alice looked at me made me feel like she knew I was lying too.

"I hope you're feeling better!"

"I am, thanks"

During the remainder of my math class I felt Alice's gaze on me. She let out a small squel which she quickly covered with her hand. She raised the other hand high in the air.

"Yes, Ms. Cullen?" asked Mr. Moony.

"Can I see the nurse? I'm not feeling very well"

"Go ahead, your assignment for tonight is page 113-114. Questions 1 through 30"

"Okay, thanks"

Alice got her books and gracefully darted out of class. I stared after her with a confused expression on my face. Something was defianately up with the new kids.

~*~

*Edward's POV*

I sat patiently in my Anatomy class waiting for the bell to ring. The worksheet that Mr. Baker gave us was really easy. Well, easy for me since I was the first on to be done with it. The teacher asked if I had take Anatomy in my other school, I smiled at him then said yes.

"Keep up the good work" he told me while setting the worksheet that I had just turned in on my desk.

A perfect 100%. I slipped the sheet into my binder then began to hear the voices of the other student's in my class. They either thouth I was gorgeous (coming from the girls) or I was here to take away their girlfriends (coming from the guys. They were indeed mistaken, there was only one girl I cared about.

Edward, can you meet me out in the hall? It's urgent, it's about Maddie.

I quickly stood up in my seat making Mr. Baker and the student's look at me.

"Mr. Cullen, is there anything wrong?"

"Um, I'm not feeling very well. Can I go to the nurse?"

"Yes"

I gathered up my books and rushed out of the classroom. Alice was waiting for me in the janitors closet. I stopped inside to see her pacing around the small room.

"Alice, what is it?"

Alice looked up at me. "Do you remember those visions that I had about your future mate?"

I nodded my head. "Yes"

"And that I could never see her face clearly. Well, in math class I was staring at Maddie just seeing her human beauty when it hit me. I got the vision again. This time it was clear, the girl in my visions are Maddie. You both are meant to be"

I chuckled. "Yeah, kinda hard when Maddie can't stand love, the opposite sex, and hates me with a passion"

"Make her experience love"

"Did you miss what I just said? She hates me"

"She doesn't hate you. I'll write her a note in Biology class"

"No, look Alice. Why are you doing this?"

"Because, I want you to be happy, I see the way you look at her. You truely care about her"

"What if I kill her?"

"You won't" Alice stepped out of the dark room.

After all these years of me bing a vampire I have never felt this way about a human. I don't know what it was about her. Every time I saw her my stone cold heart would flutter. Now, it wasn't the fact that I wanted her blood. I wanted her, all of her. She was the missing piece to my puzzle.