Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

EOI Tests

Image

I got released from the hospital that Thursday. Doctor Cullen wanted me to stay home and not go to school which I was happy about. I didn't want to see Edward right now. Since our small fight he had steered clear of me. He wasn't even there when I got released. Alice told me that he doesn't want to turn me because some part of him doesn't want him to be the reason that I would be a monster. Which I thought was a load of shit. That weekend I studied my butt off for the EOI Tests-I didn't call anyone or answer anyone's phone call's I wanted to get A's on all of the tests.

Monday morning soon rolled around. I got ready for school then quickly ate breakfast. My mom made sure I wasn't running a temperature before I left the house. I was just fine. I got into my car that I had kept extremely clean; and left my house. I drove rather fast towards the school. I wanted to see Edward-I hadn't seen or spoken to him since the day in the hospital. I found a parking spot away from the Volvo then got out of my car. Edward was leaning up against his car waiting for me. But I wasn't going to give in that easy. It did hurt my feelings that he yelled at me the way he did so I was going to make him come to me. He started walking towards me, I gave him one of my famous go to hell looks then walked away from him leaving him standing there. I headed towards my locker-I couldn't help but smile when I saw a note sticking out of it. I opened it up and read his words.

Dearest Madelyn,

I love you more than all the stars in the sky

I love you more as each moment passes us by.

I love you more and more each day.

I love you more with each promise we make.

I need you like a flower needs the rain.

I need you for you can wash away my pain.

I need you more each day.

I need you for you are so wonderful, in ever single way.

I miss you more than ever now.

i miss you because I really need you somehow.

I miss you and your touch.

I miss you for you, you mean so much.

I want you to caress my lips the way you always do.

I want you to look into my eyes and see my love for you.

I want you to hold me close to your heart.

I want you to know that I love you, need you, miss you, and want you

And I have for every single moment, right from the start.

I put the letter in my locker then tilted my head. Edward was standing over me-he reached out for my body then softly kissed my lips.

"Did you mean what you said?" I whispered into his lips.

"Every word" he replied.

I kissed him again.

"I'm sorry for the way I reacted the other day. I didn't mean to upset you" Edward said as he walked me to my math class.

"It's okay, I understand"

"No, I shouldn't have said those things to you. They were rude and selfish of me. I'm sorry" He kissed my cheek then watched as I walked into the classroom.

Today we would be doing practice tests. I finished all mine way before everyone else and got all A's on them. I was so happy with myself. Tomorrow, would be a piece of cake. Edward met me by my car when I got out of gym. He smiled down at me.

"We have never been on a official date have we?" he asked.

I arched my eyebrows. "That's right we haven't!"

"How about we go to the movies tonight and I'll take you out to eat. Will that be okay with your mom?"

"Um, yeah it should be. What movie do you want to see?"

"How about that Push movie with Dakota Fanning. It looks really good" replied Edward.

I nodded. "Okay, call me later and let me know what showtime you want to see"

"Why don't I just come to your house?"

I slowly nodded. "Okay, get in then"

Edward threw the keys to Emmett then got into the passenger seat of my car. I started up the engine then drove towards my house. I called my mom the moment we got there. She wasn't exactly pleased that I was going out on a school night but she knew I was ready for these tests. Edward got a 6:15 showing so before that he took me to a local mexican restaurant. Edward ordered himself a glass of water and said he would just eat the chips and salsa. I knew one thing I would miss about being a vampire is eating human food. I loved food; I could eat all the time and not gain a damn pound. Edward watched as I ate my soft taco, tamales, beans, rice, and enchilada. After we paid Edward took me to the movies. It was a really good movie. When it was over Edward and I played a few rounds of air hockey. Of course, he won.

"That was fun" he told me when we started driving back to my house.

"It was" I said. I looked down at the clock to see that it was almost nine. Perfect timing-my mom wouldn't get mad at all.

Edward pulled to a stop in front of my house then cut off the engine. I looked over at him with my blue eyes. He carefully leaned in to kiss my lips. I wanted more but Edward put up a boundary between us. The only thing we could do is kiss, hug, and hold hands. Nothing with sex which is something that I wanted. He was the person who I wanted to loose my virginity too.

He pulled away and shook his head. "Maddie-" he began

"I know, wait until we're married"

He looked at me sadly. "I know it's something that you want, but if I get too" he paused. "Excited I could easily hurt you"

"Isn't that what you said before we kissed? Now look at us, all we ever do is kiss. We can't keep our lips off of each other"

"I know but kissing and having sex are two completely different things. I've never had those type of feelings before as a human and also as a vampire so I don't know what to expect"

"Okay, we'll wait until you turn me into a vampire"

He smirked at me as I got out of my car. He met me the second I shut my door.

"Here are your keys"

I took them from his grip then kissed his cheek. "Thanks for tonight, I had fun"

He made a soft bow. "So did I. Now I think I have to walk you to your door and expect a good night kiss"

"Oh really now?"

He nodded then took my hand softly in his. He kissed it as he led me to the front door.

"I had a great time" he said in a girly voice.

I smiled at him "Yeah, whatever!" I said in a guy voice. "So, am I getting any tonight"

"Uh, Mr. Thompson I am no such girl"

"Sorry ma'am, the least I can do is get a good night kiss?"

"Hmmm, okay!"

I laughed as Edward leaned in to kiss my lips. I got tired of the soft pecks so I let the kiss deepen. My tongue brushed his bottom lip beckoning for entrance; that's when Edward pulled away.

"Sorry Maddie, I can't do that"

"Why?"

"You know how you human's have saliva in your mouth"

I nodded. "Yes"

"Us vampires don't. All our human fluids are exchanged with venom. If you got that in your mouth I wouldn't know what would happen"

"Okay, I better get inside I have to get ready for bed"

"Do you want me to stay with you?" he asked.

"No, I need to sleep good tonight"

Edward kissed my cheek. "I'm sorry I'm a bad boyfriend" he said before running off.

"You're not" I replied before stepping into my house.

~*~

The next day was the day for the EOI tests. Edward met me inside by my locker when I walked into the school. He apologized for ruining last night which I kept telling him over and over again that he didn't. He kissed my cheek and wished me good luck as I walked into my math class. I got out a scrap sheet of paper, two pencils, and my calculator. I was ready for this test. Today the classes lasted an extra fifteen minutes so everyone could get done with their tests in time. For lunch period all the studen't had twenty minutes to eat and get back to class. That's why I brought my lunch today which most of the student's did. Mr. Mooney passed out the tests. The moment he put it down on my desk I quickly wrote my name, date, and hour at the top then started with the first question. It was all multiple choice so it wouldn't be hard. I rolled through this test just imagining that it was only a practice test. I stumbled upon a few but moved on and saved those for later. I soon finished the test right as the bell rang.

"If you have not finished your test you can either come by after school or early in the morning" said Mr. Mooney as we all left the classroom.

The day was pretty much like that. All the kids trying to do their best with the tests. Biology was the easiest for me. I finished only 25 minutes into the test. Mrs. Martin went ahead and graded it. I got a perfect 100%. English was my last test of the day; after this I could go home because gym would not be in session today in case the other student's wanted to finish their tests. Just like the other tests I flew by Romeo and Juliet. When I took the paper up to the teacher he said I could go ahead and go. I got my bag, Edward said he was almost done. Just when I was about to leave the classroom Edward was right behind me.

"That was easy" he said when he shut the door.

"Yeah, it was. I guess now I just have to clean out my locker. I already turned my books in today"

I went by my locker and started throwing away papers. It was soon spiffy clean. I left it open because that was what we had to do when we cleaned our locker out so the Principal would know which ones had been cleaned out and which ones haven't. Just as I was about to walk down the hall the intercom clicked on.

"I'm sorry to interupt tomorrow the Seniors will report to the school at exactly 8 o'clock for their Senior Trip to La Push beach"

I eyed Edward.

"They're not going"

"Any Senior who will not be going needs to attend school tomorrow for if you are not on the trip or not at school the day will be counted as an absent. For the rest of the grades; tomorrow school will be getting out at 1:15 you will all attend your first hour classes and stay there until the last bell rings. You may bring movies to watch, games, snacks, or other items you would wish to bring. Graduation starts at exactly 6 o'clock tomorrow night; hope to see you all there!"

Then it clicked off.

"Hell there's no point in coming to school tomorrow" I said. "Maybe I could spend the day with you tomorrow"

Edward shrugged. "I wasn't coming to school anyway"

I smiled. "Will it be okay with Esme and Carlisle"

"Of course it will be fine. Emmett got Rockband 2 so he might challenge you"

I laughed. "I'll kick his butt in Rockband"

"You'll what?" I jumped when I heard Emmett's voice behind me. "I don't think so " he said then walked passed with Rosalie. She turned around to look at me; instead of giving me her usual cold look she slightly smiled at me. I smiled back then followed them outside into the cold air.

"Are you going to the graduation tomorrow night?" I asked Edward as we both walked to his car.

"Yeah, I was planning on it!"

"I have to go to work my mom is short handed and needs me"

He nodded. "I'll see you tonight"

Edward kissed my forehead then got into his car. I watched as he backed out then flew down the street.

~*~

"Hey mom, I think I'm going to skip school tomorrow" I said when my shift for the evening was over. I got $70 in tips tonight because I was working as the hostess and a waitress.

"No you're not, you have to go to school"

"What's the point? All we're doing tomorrow is staying in first hour class just watching movies until 1:15"

"Oh, really? Well I guess you could stay home"

"Actually, Edward wanted me to come over there"

"Yeah, it's fine with me if it's okay with Carlisle and Esme"

"They won't mind" I said. I kissed her cheek then left the restaurant. I heard something move in the bushes. I looked around but didn't see a thing until I saw it again; the white wolf from a few months ago. I carefully bent down. "Come here girl" I said.

She looked around the parking lot then darted out of the bushes towards me. She licked my face making me laugh.

"Who are you? You're not part of Sam's pack are you?" I asked.

She looked up at me and tilted her head.

"Yeah, Sam Uley's wolf pack. He live's in La Push just ten miles from here"

She looked around again then back at me.

"Are you a shift shaper?"

Her blue eyes looked at me confused then nodded.

"Can you change for me?" I asked. "I could help you. I bet you're hungry"

That's when I heard a low growl come from behind me. The wolf looked up then quickly darted into the forest. I sighed then turned around to see Edward.

"What were you doing?" I asked. "That wolf was a shape shifter. Apparently, she's not part of Sam's pack"

"I heard" said Edward.

"She wasn't going to hurt me. I was going to help her Edward"

"Maddie, you didn't know if she was a vicious killer"

"Oh god, don't start. I'll meet you at my house" I said.

I got into my car then fled down the road. I was starting to get so pissed off at Edward. I was going to help that girl; she looked so starved and scared. At least I told her about La Push being full of shape shifters maybe I should call Jacob to tell him what had happened. That's what I was going to do. I quickly dug my phone out of my pocket and dialed his number.

"Hello?"

"Jacob listen to me. There's a white wolf wondering around Forks. This is the second time I ran into her. She's a shape shifter. I told her about the pack in La Push. She looks so hungry and scared Jacob. Maybe you should help her"

"Woah, are you serious?"

"Yeah, she didn't change into a human but I asked if she was a shape shifter and she nodded her head"

"Thanks for telling us Maddie; last thing we need is the vampires getting pissed because a wolf is wondering around Forks"

"Yeah, Edward spotted her and scared her off"

"Shit" said Jacob. "I'll tell the other's bye Maddie"

"Bye Jacob"

I hung up the phone as I came to a complete stop in front of my house. Edward was waiting for me on the porch. I stepped out of my car then met him by the frotn door.

"I called Jacob to let him know about the wolf"

Edward nodded then led me into the house.