Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Graduation

Image

"Hahaha I beat you again Maddie" Emmett hollered.

I was sitting in the white living room of the Cullen's playing Rockband 2 with Emmett. He kept beating me which was starting to piss me off.

"I give up"I said as I handed the guitar off to Jasper.

"Oh, you'll win eventually" he said. I narrowed my eyes at him then walked into the kitchen to get me something to eat for lunch. I whipped me up a turkey sandwich. Edward came into the room several seconds later.

"Have they found the wolf yet?" he asked.

I looked at him confused then realized what he was talking about. "Oh, I don't know Jacob hasn't called me yet"

"It was a girl?"

"Yeah, it was a girl Edward" I sighed as I took a bite of my sandwich. I heard yelling in the living room which made me laugh.

"Oh Jasper don't be mad that I beat you"

Jasper came into the kitchen. "I'm about to rip his arms off so he can't play anymore. He's being a sore winner" he said then walked up the stairs.

I shook my head then turned back to Edward. "Why is it such a big deal that there's a rogue wolf out there"

"Because she's not part of a pack. If she hurts a human we have every right to kill the creature"

"She wouldn't hurt a human"

"How do you know Maddie? God, I can't believe what I saw last night. You just bending down on yoru knees making it more voluinarable for you to be killed"

"Quit worrying about my safety. No one is going to hurt me"

"Yeah, and I want to keep it that way" he said then walked outside. I didn't feel like chasing after him. He was being so stubborn and so ridiculous.

I finished my sandwich then went back into the living room. Alice was sitting on the couch watching as Rosalie and Emmett faced off. I sank down next to her.

"Don't be mad at him Maddie. He just wants to protect you from all harm"

I shook my head. "No one is going to hurt me Alice. You would be the first to know if someone was"

She held my hand in hers. "Yes, and Edward would be the second to know. He loves you Maddie that's why he's acting like this. Every day he keeps asking me to look into your future to see if anything bad is going to happen to you; sometimes things are fuzzy sometimes they are not. Like tonight in an hour your friend Jessica is going to call and invite you to a party tonight. Edward's not going to want you to go but you go anyway and-" she stopped.

"And what?"

"Stay around your girlfriends" she said at once.

"I don't even know if I want to go Alice" I sighed. I have nothing to wear tonight.

She smiled and so did Rosalie. "That's where I come in handy!"

Alice led me up to her room. She set me down on the bed then opened up her huge walk in closet. She handed me a pretty blue dress along with matching sandals to wear with it.

"That's gorgeous" I said while touching the satin material.

"Yes, I got it in Paris when Jasper and I went there a few years ago"

"I would love to travel the world one day" I said.

"Maybe you can! I'll let you go love so you can take a shower and start getting ready"

I smiled at her then went into her large bathroom. I stripped out of my clothes then started up the water. Once it was at the right temperature I got in. I quickly showered and shaved my legs. Once I finished, I blow dried and straightened my hair then I put on some makeup. I spent a while trying to apply it so that it would look perfect. I walked into the bedroom to see Edward sitting on the bed. He softly smiled up at me. I clutched the towl tighter around my body.

"Maddie, I'm sorry for the way I have been acting" He stood up walking towards me. I slowly backed into a wall.

"It's okay, I still love you"

He carefully lifted me up so that my legs were now wrapped around his waist. His lips crashed down on my neck. I let out a slight moan as he did so.

"Edward, you can stop now" I said. I knew he would end up stopping soon enough and he did.

"Sorry" He said while releasing me. "I've made up my mind. I will turn you when you graduate on one condition"

"Anything" I said.

"You have to marry me first"

My mouth hung open. "Are you serious?"

"Yes" he said.

"Um wow, I uh guess so. Are you sure?"

"Are you?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I am. Now, can I get dressed real quick"

He handed me the dress along with the shoes. I thanked him then went into the bathroom shutting the door behind me. I couldn't believe he did that. He used Jedi mind trick on me. He wanted to marry me and I wanted to become a vampire so in order for him to turn me I had to be his wife. What a fucking genious! I smiled as I put on the dress then the shoes. I took in a deep breath then walked out of the bathroom.

"So, I guess we're not engaged right now?"

"Not yet" he said then looked me up and down. "You look beautiful" he said.

"Thanks" I replied.

I was about to kiss his cold lips when my phone started ringing. I went back into the bathroom and found my pants, I dug the phone out of one of the pockets. Just like Alice had said it was Jessica who was calling.

"Hey Jess"

"Hey Maddie, look Heather Mitchells is having a party at her house tonight. I wanted to know if you would go with me since Mike went on vacation with his family this morning"

I looked at Edward. "Um, yeah but I'm only going to be there for an hour"

"That's fine with me. I just wanted to hang around for a little bit"

"I'll follow you out there after graduation tonight"

"Okay babe, I'll see you then"

Jessica hung up the phone. Edward who was now standing right next to me pulled me in close to him.

"I know you're going to start yelling at me" I said.

He shook his head. "No, just as long as you stay there with Jessica"

"I will" I said. "I promise I will"

~*~

Graduation that night only took about an hour and a half. I cheered when Emmett, Rosalie, and Jasper went on stage to get their diplomas. They actually all looked excited; no one would notice that they had done this a million times before. After the graduation ceremony was over I talked to Edward for a little bit until Jessica finally came to find me.

"Is Edward going?" she asked.

I looked up at him.

"If it's alright with you" he replied.

"It's okay with me"

Edward held onto my hand as we walked through the crowd. I was starting to get a little nervous. I hated being around a lot of people in a small area. It made me start to get really shaky. That's when Edward picked me up and pushed through all the people until we were outside into the cool air.

"Are you okay?" he asked as he set me down to my feet.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I told him.

Edward nodded his head then helped me into the Volvo. I started to feel a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. Like something bad was going to happen. That's when Edward skidded to a stop.

"You're not going to that party" he said.

"Why?" I asked.

"It's not safe"

"Edward, I'm not going to break. I'll be fine"

"No you won't. Maddie, stop!" He shouted. "Get back in the car"

I slammed the door and began to walk. Edward eventually darted out of the car. I didn't undersand why he didn't want me to go to the party. I had already told Jessica I was going, she was expecting me to be there. Edward softly grabbed onto my waist pulling me towards him. I tried to break out of his hold but his grasp around me was like a brick wall. It wouldn't budge.

"Edward, let me go" I shouted.

Edward, just let her go. Stay around the party. I don't know if the vision was true. She'll be fine if you're there. Edward heard Alice's voice ring through his mind.

Edward didn't want Maddie to go. He knew for a fact if she went to that party something would happen and Edward didn't know if he could handle it. He let Maddie go, she turned around to glare at him.

"I'm going with or without you" I said.

"Get in the car I'll drop you off. Call me when you're ready to leave"

"Fine" I got into the car. Edward gave me a sideways smile. I rolled my eyes then softly smiled to myself. I could never stay mad at him.