Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Party

Image

Edward came to a stop in front of Mike Newtons house. I looked around at all the people. They were just sitting around talking and dancing.

"I'll only be here for an hour at the most. Do you want to come in?"

"I have to go hunt. I'll be back in an hour" Edward pulled me closer to him. I took in the scent of his body. I loved the way he smelt. It was intoxicating. Edward softly and carefully kissed my lips. "Be safe" he whispered before letting me go. Something inside my thick stubborn head was screaming at me not to go, not to leave Edward, and the look in Edward's eyes were begging me not to go as well.

"I'll see you later" I said. I kissed his cheek then got out of the car. I shut the door firmly. With one last look at Edward I went inside the house.

The inside was crowded with student's. I also realized that about 95% or the kids were drinking. I pushed my way through the crowd trying to find Jessica. I didn't find her but I found Mike. He was drunk but not that drunk.

"Hey Maddie, I'm surprised Cullen isn't with you. That kid follows you around like a little lost puppy dog. It's funny, ya know I always thought you were a lesbian. No I know that you're easy just like the other girls"

"Where's Jessica" I demanded.

He stepped down from the stairs then shrugged. "I don't know. I think she's upstairs passed out. She won't wake up"

"Shit Mike, did you call the police?"

He smirked. "Now, why would I do a thing like that? It would ruin the party if I called the fuzz!"

"Fine, at least show me where she's at"

"Right this way!" Mike led me up the stairs. His house wasn't that big but big enough for all of these people. He led me into a room. My eyes glanced around searching for Jessica but she wasn't there. I heard the door close and the click of a lock. I turned around to face Mike.

"Unlock the door Mike"

He shook his head then slowly advanced towards me. "I never realized how beautiful you were"

"Mike, you come any closer I'll kick you in the family jewels"

He laughed. "I'll take my chances"

Mike came closer to me. With all my might I pushed him and ran to the door but Mike grabbed me by the waist. He threw me down on the floor then with his hand firmly around my throat he undid his pants.

"Edward" I yelled out. I tried to kick and scream out before Mike tried to rape me.

"Shut up" Mike wheeled back but before he could hit me and rape me the door burst open. My face lit up when I saw Edward and Alice. Edward saw what was going on. He growled at Mike who quickly stood up from the ground.

"Man, I'm sorry we were just having a little fun"

Edward grabbed Mike and threw him up against the wall. I watched as Edward's face changed to pure hatered. Alice helped me up to my feet.

"Are you okay Maddie?" she asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine"

"What's going on?"

I turned around to see the perfectly sober Jessica standing in the doorway. She looked between me and Alice then to Edward and Mike.

"You're oh so perfect boyfriend tried to rape me" I said.

She looked at me confusely. "I don't believe you Maddie"

"You don't believe me?" I asked.

"No, Mike would never do that"

"Well he did" said Edward.

I knew that Edward was a vicious killer but I had never seen him act like this. He let go of Mike who was scared to death.

"Take Maddie to the car" Edward told Alice.

"Not without you" I said.

"Let him go Cullen" shrieked Jessica.

Edward glanced at me then back at Mike. "If you ever touch her again I'll kill you" he yelled. He then let go of Mike and walked towards me.

"You should've listened" he said then walked out of the room.

The ride home was filled with silence. I knew that Edward and Alice were talking through their mind. I was so angry with myself. I should've listened to Edward. I should've done a lot of things tonight but I didn't. Why was I so damn stubborn? If Edward hadn't been there I would've been raped that night by Mike Newton. I knew that Mike probably didn't know what he was doing but still that didn't give him the right to take advantage of a girl. Edward came to a stop in front of his house. I got out of the car then went inside without talking to anyone. I headed into Alice's bathroom to take a shower. I felt so dirty.

~*~

"Edward, you can't be mad at yourself. It wasn't your fault"

"If she just listened to me" he said.

"What's going on?" Rosalie, Emmett, Carlisle, and Esme stood up from the couches.

"Mike Newton almost raped Maddie tonight. I knew what was going to happen. I should've tried harder to stop her from going" Edward sank down on the white couch.

"I should go talk to her" said Rosalie.

Edward glanced up at her. "Rose, are you sure?"

"I'm the only one who knows what she must be going through right now. She needs to know that it is not her fault and it's also not your fault Edward. You can't protect her for the rest of her life"

Edward stood up and got right into Rosalie's face. "I will protect her Rose. She is my life now and I will do all it takes to keep her safe"

"She's a tough girl Edward, you should learn that" Rosalie turned on her heel then headed up the stairs.

~*~

I stepped out of the bathroom fully clothed in a clean pair of Alice's clothes. Rosalie was sitting on the bed.

"I was born in Rochester, New York in 1915" Rosalie began. I sank down on the bed to listen to her story. "I had two younger brother's, a housewife for a mother, and a father that worked at a bank. My father's job helped to keep us wealthy during the Great Depression. I was born beatiful and constantly praised making me vain and self-centered. However, unlike my parents, who always wanted more out of life despite their already elevated status I was happy in the knowledge that I was Rosalie Hale and that I was beautiful.

One day, my mother had me dress up to deliver my father's forgotten lunch to his job, in the hopes that the bank owner's son would take an interest to me. It worked, Royce King the second sent me roses and after making a comment that my eyes were like violets, I began recieving them too. Our relationship was solely based on physical attraction as Royce was often too busy at the bank. We became engaged and shortly before the wedding. I visited my good friend Vera, who I envied for her baby boy. At one point when Vera's husban kissed her I noticed the lack of love in my relationship with Royce. While walking home, shaken by the thoughts about the loveless relationship, I stumbled across my drunk fiance and his equally drunk pals. Royce bragged about my beauty which eventually led me to being gang raped and beaten."

Rosalie looked over at me, she slightly smiled at my gaping mouth.

"What a prick. So, what happened next?"

"I was found by Carlisle, the scent of blood attracted him to my dying self. He carried me to a room and made me a vampire, worsening the pain that I was already in. I awoke to the voices of the Cullen's arguing about Carlisle saving me just because he stumbled across my body when I was dying. Upon seeing my reflection, my unhappy mood improved with my now improved vampiric beauty"

"Did you get revenge on Royce and his friends?"

I looked over to see that Edward was now in the rom. Rosalie's topaz eyes remained locked on me.

"Yes, I took revenge on them. I saved Royce for last, I donned a bridal gown and found my fiance locked in a windowless room with a thick, vault like door guarded by two men. Killing the guards, I entered the room where I tortured Royce to death. Though I killed all those men, I didn't taste their blood. After my transformation I became a permanent member of the Cullen family"

"I should've listened. I'm sorry Edward"

Edward was now kneeling down in front of me. "It's not your fault. I shouldn't have left you there"

He kissed my hand softly.

"It's funny that so long ago I never imagined that vampire's existed and here I am in a house full of them and I'm also in love with one"

"Just don't decided to turn into one" said Rosalie.

"I wouldn't let that happen" replied Edward. "You have a choice none of us did"

"You all were on the verge of death" I stated which made them nod. "Rosalie, how did you and Emmett find eachother?"

"Two years after my transformation I stumbled across a young man named Emmett being mauled by a bear. Emmett's features reminded me of Vera's young son Henry, and as such, I chose to rescue the dying man. I resisted the urge to drink Emmett's blood and carried him over one hundred miles to Carlisle who turned him into a vampire. We rarely seperated after that, we found our true soul mate. We would often marry and sometimes live seperate lives to the rest of the family as a newlywed couple"

"That's sweet"

Rosalie looked down at Edward. "Just don't let what happened tonight come between the both of you" She smiled a truthful smile at me then left the room.

I looked down at Edward. "I'm sorry"

"Sweetheart, don't be sorry. Let's just forget about this or at least try too. I called your mom to let her know you were spending the night she said it was fine"

I nodded then pulled Edward onto the bed with me. HIs arms wrapped around my body. "Tell me why you love me" he whispered in my ear. Chills filtered my body.

"You really want to know?" I asked.

"Yes, I want to know"

"I love you because no matter how much we fight, we always make up. No matter how mad you make me I can't help but love you and no matter how hard I try it's so impossible to live without you Edward. I couldn't imagine my life without you"

Edward nuzzled into my hair. "If I could tel you one thing it would be that I love hearing your voice and that your smile just happenes to brighten up my entire day"

I kissed Edward's cold lips. "When we first met I actually couldn't stand you. I thought you were a jerk"

He chuckled. "I know!"

"But I got to know you and I got those letters, in my heart I knew they were from you. I woke up just to see you. I got the best feeling in the world when you said hi or even smiled at me because I knew that I was crossing your mind"

"You always crossed my mind" Edward pulled me into a romantic kiss that caused my head to spin. That night we didn't make love but just eachother's company was enough to drive us crazy.

-----------------

~Edward's POV~

I sat in my room listening to the graceful sounds of the rain hitting my window. I was lost in thought when Alice came into my room. She smiled at me then sat down on the couch.

"We're going to throw a surprise party for Maddie"

I looked over at her with my eyebrow arched. "Why?"

"She's expecting a party. I think it would be quit funny if we all get in on it and act like we don't have a party for her! She can sit at her home most of the day until one of us calls to see if she can come over!"

I smiled. "I guess, but I'm not good with planning parties"

"Leave it all to me!" she said then got up from the couch leaving my room. She came back in seconds later.

"You need me to go with you to get party supplies"

"Yes, if you don't mind"

"I'll drive" I said then got my keys out of my pocket.

"Her birthday is tomorrow so we have to spend today and all day tomorrow working on it. Try and keep her away from the house I don't want her knowing any of it. Oh shoot, what should we get her for her birthday?"

"You see into the future. Don't you know?" I said while smiling.

Alice narrowed her eyes at me. "No, I don't because I have no clue what to get her. You already got her a car so that's out of the question, you got her a bracelet for christmas as well, she's got enough clothes-" That's when Alice stopped. "I have a great idea! Why don't you take all the notes you wrote her and put them into a leather bound book. Maybe write at least ten more for her or something! Call it Secret Love Letters, she would love that Edward!"

"Yeah, but I have to get the letters without her finding out!"

I opened the car then got inside. I started up the engine; with one quick movement Alice and I were off down the road.

"Okay, I'm going to park over here so she doesn't see my car; you distract her and I'll get the letters" I said.

Alice nodded then got out of the car. "I'll meet you back here in five minutes"

I nodded then took off at lighting speed towards her house.

~*~

I sat on the couch reading a book when the doorbell rang. I set the book down on the couch then went to answer it. Alice was standing in the doorway with a smile on her face.

"Hey Alice!"

"I just came by here to ask what you wanted for your birthday? I was on my way to go shopping right now"

"Oh, um I do need some new perfume and some new art supplies. I'm running low on both"

She nodded. "Okay, anything else?"

I shrugged. "A book or something I don't really care. You don't have to get me anything Alice"

"You only turn eighteen once" she said then looked away. "I'll think of something to get you, I better be off Edward is at home waiting for me"

"You didnt' drive here?"

"Oh, no I just ran!"

I looked at her questionally then shut the door when she took off.

~*~

Edward's POV

I sat in the car waiting for Alice to get back. She got in like a flash. "Did you get the letters?" she asked.

"Yep!"

"Okay, Maddie said she wanted some perfume, new art supplies, and maybe a book or something"

I nodded. "Let's go!"

Once in Port Angeles Alice went off to get some supplies for the party. She got crytsal lights, tons of roses, pink candles, crystal bowls, metallic blue wrapping paper, and got the birthday cake. I looked at her with a smirk on my face.

"What? Is it too much?"

"Maddie's going to kill you"

"Oh, shoot she hates pink. I'll go get white candles instead"

Alice went back into the store to exchange the candles. She came back out minutes later then put the items in the car. "Okay, now time to get her some presents!"

While Alice went shopping I went into a publishing store. It would take at least ten hours to make the books. I paid for it then jotted down more poems that I thought she would like. I ended up writing ten like Alice had suggested. I handed all the letters to the lady.

"You're girlfriend will love this!" she said.

"I hope she does, so I will come pick it up tomorrow morning"

She nodded. "We'll have it ready Mr. Cullen!"

"Thank you so much"

I left the store to be greeted by Alice who had at least five bags in tow.

"I got her a couple of Chistine Feehan books since she likes reading those, I got her two sketchbooks, acrylic paint, pastels, watercolors, colored pencils, and art markers. I also got her some perfume and a charm bracelet. Which right now it only has three things on it; a crystal heart, a fairy, and a rose."

"She'll like all of those Alice"

She nodded. "I know! Alright, let's go before the cake starts to melt and set everything up!" she said.

I got into the car then backed out. "The book will be ready tomorrow morning. I wrote down some more poems for it. I hope she likes it"

"Are you kidding Edward! She'll love it!"

It didn't take Alice that long to get everything set up. She put the roses in the freezer so they wouldn't die, and put the cake in the fridge. The only thing she had to do tomorrow was fill the crystal bowls with water and put roses in them then put the other's roses in their own places. Esme looked around and thought it looked beautiful. Around eight I decided to go see Maddie. I knew her mother was out with Billy black so we would have some time alone together.