Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Could Today Be Any Worse?

Image

I sat in Biology class acting like I was working on my assignment when really I was thinking about Edward. My body began to tingle, I had a feeling he was looking at me but I didn't dare to look at him. Why in the hell was I feeling this way about him? He was probably like all the other guys, they were after one thing and then when they got it they went on to another girl. When the bell rang I got up from my seat and darted out of the classroom. Next hour would be hell, I would have to sit by him.

I gathered up my art supplies and headed down the hall. I passed by Jessica who was in the middle of a makeout session with Mike. I hated PDA.

"Get a room" I said under my breath.

I turned the corner and almost ran right into, you got it, Edward.

"I didn't get to formally introduce myself. I'm Edward Cullen"

He held out his gloved hand for me to shake it. I looked up into his face. Instead of seeing pure hatered I saw a glint of kindness. I slowly moved my hand into his. My heart began to beat faster as he wrapped his hand around mine. Butterflies also fluttered in my stomach. Just as the hand shake started it ended.

"I'm Maddie Wells" I finally said when I came to my senses.

He smiled again, something about this smile made me feel like he was lurring me into him. The smile quickly vanished.

"I better get to class" I said.

"I'll walk with you"

Before I could protest Edward was walking right next to me. I felt my cheeks turn red as my class mates began to stare at Edward and I with their mouths opened. I tensed up when I saw Tiffany and her group walking towards us. She had a pink envelope in her hand.

"Hi Edward, I was wondering if you wanted to come to my birthday party" she handed him the envelope.

Edward took it then looked over at me. "I'm sorry, I can't go?"

"What the reason?" she asked in her snooty tone.

My mind was screaming at Edward to walk away. I had flash backs of that evil bitch and what all she did to me. She spread a rumor around the school that I had aids; that's why I was never with a guy then she said I was a lesbian. I punched her in the face and broke her nose for that one. That little act got me suspended. Tiffany thought she was better than everyone else because she was the captain of the cheerleading squad, had tons of money, and thought she was god's given gift to man.

"Unless you invite my friend Maddie here then I don't want to go" said Edward.

Tiffany's green eyes narrowed at me. "Sorry, I don't have another invitation" she took the envelope back from Edward and walked passed us. She then turned around. "And, I don't let lesbians into my party"

"What the hell did you say to me?" I yelled.

Edward's family and a few other studen't stopped to look at me and Tiffany. I was not going to let that bitch get away with this. Maybe, I could give her a black eye before the party. She stepped closer getting just inches from my face.

"I said I don't invite lesbians to my party"

"Back off" I said through clenched teeth.

"Oh, did I hit a nerve?"

I pounched onto Tiffany making her fall back against the floor. She screamed bloody murder. I was just about to punch the living day lights out of her when someone came up behind me and pulled me off of her. I tilted my head to see that it was Edward.

"Let me go" I shrieked.

When he set me down to my feet I pushed him with all my might but he didn't budge. I was shocked at how rock hard he was but I was too pissed to think about that right now.

"Stay away from me" I told him. I then headed down the hall with rage built up inside of me. I punched one of the lockers as I turned into my art class. Yeah, I had bad anger issues at times.

Edward walked into class right after me. I was still mad at him. What right did he have to pull me off of Tiffany? I sat down at my usual spot in art class. I placed my things in Edward's spot hoping he'd get the hint that I didn't want him sitting by me. He didn't.

"Did I do something wrong?" he asked.

I ignored him.

I would've gotten up and went to another seat but there weren't any available.

Mrs. Graves put a DVD in the player. Great, we're watching a movie; I thought. The lights went out leaving the room in total darkness. I ignored Edward and watched the movie about Van Gogh.

"What did I do wrong?" whispered Edward.

"First, you're a jerk to me. Then you want to start talking to me and becoming my friend. You can talk to Tiffany the popular cheerleader type, or Mia the basketball star. Why me? I don't trust guys, I take medication for depression, I don't think I'm attractive, I have low self esteme, and I spend way too much time on my homework"

Edward shrugged. "I think we have a lot in common"

I shook my head. "I don't think so"

During the remainder of the movie I kept feeling Edward's gaze on me. I gave him a few evil looks then returned to the movie. I was happy when the bell finally rang. I quickly got up from my seat, grabbed my things, then left. What the hell was this guys problem? Why was he so keen on wanting to be my friend?

In English class the teacher let us be in groups of two for the next assignment. Before I could react to find a partner Edward was standing at my side.

"Want to be partners?" he asked.

"I would rather die" I replied.

He laughed then sat in the desk right beside me. He kept his distance but I could still feel the coolness of his skin against mine. Without the help of Edward I whizzed by the assignment. I was about to get up and turn it in but Edward beat me to the punch. God, he was so immature. Edward smiled at me as we passed each other. I gave him a go to hell look then turned my paper in. Instead of going back to his seat Edward sank down in the next next to me again. He started to make small talk with me. He wanted to know about my life; I smiled to myself I was such a smartass when I wanted to be.

"Let's see; my mom is a crack whore, my dad is a drunk, they both don't have jobs so I work as a stripper at night just so we can pay for bills and fod"

Edward raised his eyebrow then smiled to himself.

When the bell rang I dashed out of the classroom. I headed to the small concession stand to get something to drink. I looked onto my right shoulder realizing that I had left my purse in English class.

"It's okay sweetie, here" one of my friends Lindsay handed me a cup of ice cold diet coke. "Don't tell anyone"

"Thanks and I won't"

I quickly turn around and run right smak cinto Edward making the diet coke that I had been holding splatter all over Edward and myself. Thanks a lot Cullen. Tiffany and her group started to laught at me. I look over at them and threw the styrofoam cup that had the remaining diet coke in it at them. The soda ended up splashing all over Tiffany's perfect jeans and satin white and pink shirt.

"Madelyn Wells" yelled Mrs. Wiggins the high school's secretary. "Come with me"

Edward held out my purse for me, as I walk by him I snatch it from his grasp then dart into the office after Mrs. Wiggins. I unfortunately had to serve detention after school for throwing the cup at Tiffany, and of course with almost starting a fight with her. The rest of the day I had to walk around with a stained shirt. I also got made fun of for my outbursts at the concession stand, could today be any worse?