Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Aurelia

Image

A dark figure hung in the shadows. He watched as the young blonde girl got into her car. She drove off and headed down the road. A smile twisted across his evil face.

"Travis, they are taking her to Paris. I bet they think something is up"

"Alice can see the future, they know what is coming Kris"

"But, why harm them and not my clan? Why do you want to hurt the girl?"

"I don't want to harm Maddie you fool. I want to keep those demons away from her. Mainly that Edward character. I don't want my blood to be infatuated with a vampire. As for your clan, they've stuck to their own species. My cult has spent years on hunting creatures like you. You better believe that I will have no remorse on killing you or your clan. That is why, if you help me your family will be safe. You are the only vampire I know that can block his mind and scent from other vampires"

"All I have to do is get close to her so Edward will run off?"

"Precisely"

He stared back at the house. The door carefully opened to reveal the beautiful blonde who Travis the cult leader knew so well. His heart froze at the sight of her. She was as beautiful as she was 18 years ago.

"Edward is coming" Kris whispered.

"Let's get out of here"

Kris picked Travis up and darted out of the town of Forks. He was fast, strong, and more powerful than any of the Cullen's. Kris knew that helping Travis out would keep his clan safe and he needed them all to be safe. All Kris had to do ws get close to Maddie so Edward would run off. He didn't understand why Travis didn't want this Maddie girl to be with a vampire but he didn't dare ask any questions.

~*~

I came to a stop in front of Jacob's house. He ran outside to greet me but his face carried fear.

"Madie, do you remember that white wolf you told me about?" He grabbed my hand pulling me closer to his house.

"Yeah, the one I spotted a few times in Forks"

"That's the one, I found her in the woods. She got shot a few times. None of the pack here can get the bullet's out. They're afraid they'll kill her. I don't know what to do"

I ran into the house to see Billy with the bloody white wolf sitting on his lap.

"Give her to me" I said.

"You're not taking her to them" Billy said coldly.

"Billy, if I don't let Carlisle get those bullets out she could die"

"Dad, give her to Maddie"

Billy hesitated for a few moments then handed the white wolf to me. She wasn't at all that heavy. She licked my face then laid her head on my shoulder.

"Jake, get the keys to the truck"

Jacob quickly got the keys then lead me outside. Jacob said he would call Sam to return my car. I nodded then got into the truck. The white wolf whimpered a few times as Jacob drove directly to the Cullen's house. They were all waiting outside as Jacob pulled to a stop. I knew that they already knew what was going on. Carlisle opened the door to the truck and pulled the wolf out. Blood was stained all over my shirt. Edward's hands grabbed me and pulled me out of the truck. He held me tightly into his body then glared at Jacob.

"What happened?"

"I was out in the woods waiting for Maddie to show up when I heard gunshots. I ran towards the shots and found the white wolf that Maddie had told me about"

"Do you have any scent of who shot her?"

"It was a hunter that's all I know. I don't understand why he left her there for dead"

"Is she like you?" asked Edward.

"As far as I know she is. I asked her questions, she did shake and nod her head. She understands what I said"

Edward nods then turns to me. "You did the right thing" he said, his lips met mine.

I saw the anger in Jacob's eyes but it went away when Carlisle steped onto the porch.

"She's fine, she just turned if you want to talk to her"

I was about to walk into the house but Jacob stopped me. "Uh, Maddie I still need to give you your birthday present"

Edward glanced down at me. "I'll meet you inside" He kissed my cheek then left.

Jacob grabbed something out of his pocket then handed it to me. I looked at the small black box. It was a ring box, I opened it and sure enough there was a beatiful butterfly ring inside it. It was exactly identical to the one that I wore when I was younger but I ended up losing it when Jacob and I went on a hike. We searched for that ring for months.

"It looks just like the ring I lost"

Jacob smiled. "That's because it is the ring you lost! I found it the other day, I got it resized hopefully it fits"

I picked it up then slipped it onto my right ring finger. It fit perfectly.

"Thank you Jacob!" I pulled my best friend into a hug.

"Maddie, I love you"

I quickly let go of him. "Jacob, I know you do"

"You really love Edward don't you?"

"Yes, I do love him"

He sighed. "He's lucky to have you"

I smiled. "And I'm lucky to have you as my best friend. Now, let's go talk to the wolf girl!"

Jacob laughed then held onto my hand. We both walked in unision towards the Cullen house.

Jacob and I walked inside to see a beautiful brunette sitting on the couch eating a sandwich. She looked up at us. The moment her eyes landed on Jacob his grip tightened on my hand. I looked up to see his eyes fixated on the girl. She smiled at Jacob.

"Jake, are you okay?" I whispered.

He cleared his throat as he let go of my hand. The girl got up from the couch, with her eyes still fixated on Jacob she headed over to us.

"Thank you both so much for saving me. Especially you Maddie"

"It was you that I was those two time wasn't it?"

She smiled. "Yes it was. I'm Aurelia Hill" She held out her hand. I shook it softly. Jacob was still staring at her so I nudged him in the side.

"I'm Jacob Black" he blurted out.

"You're in the La Push pack right?" asked Aurelia.

"Yeah, do you have you're own pack"

"Not anymore" Aurelia looked down to the floor.

"What happened?" I asked.

Her dark eyes met mine. "They were killed a few weeks ago. I used to live in North Dakota. I was orphaned when I was born. Apparently no one wanted me and I couldn't blame them. Someone found me in a dumpster and took me to a local orphanage. I first turned into my wolf form when I was six months old. Scared the hell out of the caretakers. They didn't know what I was. A few days later I was adopted by the Alpha of the North Dakota pack. He cared for me until I was older. I stayed with my pack family, they were all that I had up until a few weeks ago. You see, Charlie my adoptive father and Alpha found out that there was a cult wondering around killing our kind. Somehow they found us. My family was murdered in cold blood. I escaped. Charlie always told me if anything happened to the pack to go to La Push Washington and find Sam Uley"

"He's our Alpha" said Jacob.

Aurelia nodded. "I was about to go there when I found out that the cult that killed my pack was following me. So I steered them away from your pack so I wouldn't put your family in danger. Tonight, they found me in La Push. I tried to run away from them but they shot me and left me for dead. He took off when he heard someone coming"

"I'll get everything settled with Sam" said Jacob. "You can stay with me and Billy until you get a place of your own"

"I don't have much" said Aurelia.

"We'll provide you with what you need. I better let you meet Sam, he gets kinda crabby at night"

Aurelia smiled then turned to Carlisle. "Thank you so much for saving my life"

"You're welcome. Just take it easy. You might be sore for a few days"

She nodded then turned to me. "I"ll see you around Maddie"

I smiled at her. For some reason I had a feeling that Aurelia and I would become good friends. When Jacob and Aurelia left I glanced around the room at my vampire family.

"Let me was your shirt real quick so your mom doesn't worry" said Esme.

I followed her into the large laundry room. I stripped out of my blood stained shirt. Esme took it from me.

"Here Maddie" I looked over to see Alice holding a clean shirt for me. I thanked her then put it on. "Edward's in his room" she said.

I smiled then darted up the stairs into Edward's room. He was staring out the window.

"You really love me don't you Maddie?" he asked without looking at me. "Yes, I do love you Edward. Look, when we're in Paris I was wondering-"

"No" he said. "I will not turn you"

"Why?"

He turned around to face me. That sexy sideways grin was clear upon his face. "You have to marry me first"

"Well, you haven't asked me to marry you" I stated.

"What if I did ask you what would you say?"

"Yes"

"Interesting"

"You're keeping something from me" My eyebrows raised.

"No, I'm not" Edward pulled me in closer to his cold body. He softly kissed my lips sending shivers all over my skin. "I love you Maddie. Are you excited about going to Paris?"

"Of course I am. I can't wait to spend a whole week with you"

"Neither can I!"