Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Surprise

Image

Edward woke me up at exactly eleven sharp. I showered then dressed for the day. I applied makeup, brushed my hair, teethn then slipped on a pair of comfortable shoes. Alice was waiting for me in the main room. she had my dress that Rosalie got me for my birthday along with the red jewelry and shoes.

"What's going on?" I asked her.

She softly smiled. "It's a surprise. Come on your appointment is in thirty minutes"

I said goodbye to Edward, he held a smile on his face but I didn't question it. I followed Alice out of the hotel. She flagged down a taxi. When one stopped in front of us we both got into the back. Alice spoke to the driver in French. He smiled at us then drove off. I got my camera out and started taking more pictures of Paris. It was so beautiful.

The driver soon stopped in front of a fancy looking spa. Alice paid him before we got out. She led me into the spa. A woman greeted us at the counter. At once Alice began talking to her in French.

"Madelyn, follow me" the woman said. She had a thick French accent.

I followed her into a beautiful room that contained a massaging table, candles, soft music, and a small relaxing waterfall.

"Get undressed, put the towel over your bottom. I'll be in to give your massage in five minutes"

I nodded then shut the door when the woman left the room. I stripped out of al my clothes then settled myself on my stomach. I grabbed a white towel and covered my butt with it. I waited patiently, the sound of soft music and the waterfall caused me to almost doze off. The woman finally came back into the room. I nodded off sleep as she gave me one of the best massages that I have ever had. She also gave me a facial, manicure, and pedicure, she cut my long hair so now it was short, and straightened it. She also put makeup on my face. When she finished I changed into the dress, shoes, and jewelry that Rosalie got me. I had no clue as to why I was being dressed up but some part of me thought it had something to do with that ring box. Was Edward proposing to me?

"You look beautiful Maddie" Alice told me. She ran her fingers through my now short hair.

"Does my hair look alright?" I asked her.

"It looks cute"

"Thanks"

"Do you want anything to eat?"

"Yeah, I'm a little hungry"

Alice took me to a very fancy restaurant. The food was exquisite. I knew when I got turned into a vampire the only thing I would miss was human food. Alice paid for the ticket then led me back outside. She flagged down another taxi which took us to the Louvre Musuem. I was so amazed by its beauty, I wasn't allowed to take picture but I knew the art would be stuck in my mind. I also realized that time sure did fly by fast when you're having fun, five o'clock had rolled around. Alice at once got a taxi. She kept staring down at her watch along with the oh so cloudy sky.

"This taxi will take you to Edward" she stated.

I looked at her dumbfounded. "You're not going with me?"

"No I'm not Maddie. Here" Alice handed me French money. "This should cover the cost for the cab"

I got into the taxi while Alice told the driver where to go. He nodded then drover off. I stared out the car window wondering where the driver was taking me. He soon stopped in front of the lit up Eiffel Tower.

"Here you go"

I handed him the money that Alice gave me then got out of the cab. I looked around at the scenery. A small path led up to the Eiffel Tower. I started walking up it, it wasn't long when I came to a stop. Edward was standing underneath the Eiffel Tower wearing a tux. He also had a single red rose with a letter attached to it in his hands. I stepped closer to him, our lips touched at once.

"What's this?" I asked.

He handed me the rose then smiled. "Read the letter"

I arched my eyebrows then opened up the letter. I began to read Edward's elligant handwriting.

A fairytale has just begun in the most perfect way, down on one knee a ring was given. "Yes" did the lady say, But this is not a dream you're in, this is love that's true. Now all await with eagerness the day you'll say "I do!".

Edward got down on one knee and pulled out the same black ring box that I found in his bag. He flipped it open to reveal a beautiful ring. It was silver with a light blue diamond and smaller diamonds on the band.

"Maddie, I will love you forever and always. Will you marry me?"

I let out a soft squel. "Yes Edward Yes! I will marry you"

Edward got the largest smile on his face as he stood up. He kissed me with so much passion that my knees gave away.

"Maddie" he said while pulling me to my feet. "Are you okay?"

I softly chuckled. "Yes, I'm fine. I'm just so happy!" I said.

Edward kissed me again then slipped the ring on my finger.

"I love you so much Maddie"

"I love you too"

I pulled Edward closer to me. "Hey, you didn't say anything about my hair"

He chuckled then nuzzled his nose into it. "I love it

Edward led me into the hotel room. I was so extremely happy that I was engaged to Edward. I knew that the time difference would inflict with my mom's sleep but I didn't care. She had to know about this. I got my cell phone then called her number. It rang a few times until she answered it.

"Maddie, is everything okay?" she asked.

"Yeah, I just wanted to call and let you know that Edward proposed to me!"

"I know, he asked for my blessing"

I looked over at Edward who softly chuckled. "And you didn't tell me mom?"

"Of course not, it was a surprise. He even showed me the ring. It was so beautiful. But, you both have to wait until you graduate and make sure that you really want to do this"

"I do, and yes we are waiting until we graduate to be married"

"Good, I'll talk to you later sweetie"

"Okay, I love you mom"

"I love you too"

I hung up the phone then looked over at Edward. I slowly walk over to him. Once I was close enough I carefully pushed him into the wall. I pressed my lips onto his and tried to wriggle out of my dress. That's when Edward jumped across the other end of the room. He was panting as he stared at me with dark eyes.

"Maddie, you're not ready for this" he stated.

"What are you talking about? Of course I'm ready for this"

"I'm not ready for this" he explained. "I could hurt you and that is the last thing I want to do"

"Isn't that what you said the night before my birthday and look what we did"

"That night I went hunting. I haven't been hunting since your birthday and I don't have much control Madelyn. That was a mistake"

My eyes narrowed. "Oh, so three nights ago was a mistake?" I asked.

"I'm sorry love, I do want too"

"Then let me" I said while slowly walking closer to him. I unzipped my dress letting it fall down to the floor. Edward's eyes glanced over at me then he swallowed. I gracefully stepped out of my dress then walked even closer to him until our bodies were touching. "You said we couldn't go as far as sex" I stated.

He smiled. "I did say that but-"

"No buts" I pressed him against the wall and casually began to kiss his neck. His head leaned back as I did so. That's when Edward picked me up and carried to the bed. He laid me down then carefully fell on top of me. I began to undo his clothing until he was down in his boxers. I wrapped my legs around his cold waist feeling every bit of him against my woman hood. Edward pressed his lips against my neck.

"Bite me" I begged. I was so out of control I had no idea what I had said until Edward stopped and got off of me.

I stared into his dark eyes knowing that I had just pissed him off.

"Don't ever say that to me Maddie" he said. He wasn't shouting at me but the tone in his voice hurt my feelings.

"Sorry" I replied as I began to feel tears taking over my eyes.

"Oh Maddie" Edward pulled me off the bed and into his arms. "I'm sorry, don't cry my love" Edward brushed away the salty tears with his lips.

"No, I shouldn't have said that Edward. I was just so out of it"

"I tend to do that to you a lot lately" he smiled.

I smacked him in the chest then kissed his cheek. "I have an idea. Why don't we take a bubble bath? We don't have to do anything just a bath"

"I think a bath would be lovely"

Edward carried me into the large bathroom. He set me down on the counter then started up the water. I lit some candles then put bubble bath into the tub. It soon was half way filled up. That's when Edward shut it off. He turned to face me. I watched as his hands grasped the waistband of his boxers. With one simple movement they were pulled down to the ground. I stared at Edward in complete awe. Michelangelo's Statue Of David had nothing on Edward. He was so beautiful. He smiled seductively at me then walked closer to where I stood. His body connected with mine. He carefully kissed my neck then undid my bra. I slipped out of my shoes along with my panties. Edward glanced down at me.

"You're so beautiful" he whispered in my ear.

"So are you"

He chuckled as he picked me up carrying me over to the large bathtub. He stepped in and sank down into the water with me still in his arms. I kissed his cold lips as his fingers traced every ince of my body. A few times I let out a couple of moans. He soon began to stroke my sore nipples which made me moan for more. We spent several hours in that bathtub just exploring each other's body. It was the most magical moment I had ever experience in my life. Edward soon drained the water and carried me out of the tub. He dried me off then put a satin robe around my naked body.

"You're tired" he said as I tried holding back a yawn.

"No" I replied.

His eyebrows arched.

"I want to spend time with you. We're engaged now"

"Oh Maddie, we have the rest of your life to spend together"

That's when I froze. "I thought you said if I agreed to marry you you would change me?"

"Maddie, let's not talk about this now. You're tired"

"No, we are going to talk about this now Edward. Are you going to turn me or not?"

"I don't know"

"You don't know? It's either a yes or a no question"

"As of right now, no"

"Oh, I see"

"Madelyn, you know how I feel about turning you"

"Don't you want to be with me forever?"

"Forever is a very long time Madelyn. What if you tire of me and decide that maybe a life as a vampire wasn't such a good idea?"

"I'll never tire of you Edward, I love you"

He sighed. "We'll talk about this later. For now you need your rest" Edward laid down on the bed with me. His arms pulled me close into his body. His scent intoxicated my senses. With one last glance at my ring I fell into a deep sleep.

~Edward's POV~

I glanced over at Maddie to see that she was fast asleep. I kissed her cheek then released my hold from her body. I changed into a fresh pair of clothes. I knew that Maddie would be safe with me right across the room. She had to be safe and I had to protect her. I left the room then entered Alice and Jasper's room.

"Is he still in Forks?"

Alice slowly nodded her head. "Yes, he doesnt' know we left for Paris"

"Is Vanessa alright?"

"Yes, Carlisle is keeping a close watch on Maddie's mom"

"How is Maddie going to react to this Alice? Her father is the leader of the cult that is trying to kill us and the dogs"

Alice shook her head. "He doesn't want his daughter to be with you Edward"

"He's not going to get what he wants. I will do all I can to protect Maddie and to keep her with me"

"Did she like the ring?"

I smiled. "You know that answer"

"Of course I do! Carlisle said that Emmett and Rosalie have been trying to track down Maddie's father down but always comes to a dead end"

"He's clever, he knows how to rid his scent" I said.

"They also caught a very faint scent of a vampire that neither recognized. Carlisle didn't even recognize the smell"

"We'll keep Maddie here in Paris until it is safe to go back"

Alice nodded. "She'll be safe with us"

I headed back into the room. Maddie was still sound asleep. I sat down on one of the many chairs and remembered the conversation I had with Maddie's mother. She said that she knew from the first time she met Edward that he was a vampire. Her ex husband Travis believed that vampires were real and had almost killed Carlisle a very long time ago but Carlisle got away. I remembered that extremely well. That's when my family and I packed up and moved to Alaska. Travis started the cult when he was twenty-four after he encountered a vampire trying to attack him outside a bar. Travis staked the vampire and got away. That's when he wanted to rid the whole world of these evil creatures. Vanessa at first thought he was insane. They had Maddie on the way. He went out every night with a few of his friends and cut themselves to draw in vampires. They killed so many of them that vampires never passed Forks; except my family and I. Travis tried to lure us in so many times but we weren't attracted to human blood. He finally lured Carlisle in and tried to kill him but Carlisle was so powerful he ended up almost breaking Travis's back. That's the night Vanessa had enough. She told Travis to never set foot in her house again, to leave. She didn't want Maddie being anywhere near her psychotic father. So, Travis left to persue his own vampire slaying company in New Orleans. Edward sighed, there was so much that Maddie didn't know about her father. For years she thought that her father left her and her mother for another family but in reality he was kicked out to protect Maddie's safety.

I got up from the chair and walked over to the side of the bed where Maddie slept peacefully. I knelt down to kiss her lips. "I will do everything in my power to protect you from your father" I kissed her lips one more time before crawling in bed with her.