Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Early Arrival

Image

The next three days in Paris flew by. I didn't want the week to end. During those days we all went to art museums, famous restaurants, and just explored the city. I had taken several pictures and couldn't wait to get home to show my mom. I woke up early on a Saturday as the smell of eggs and bacon filled the room. Edward stood beside me with a smile on his face.

"I got you some breakfast" he said while helping me out of the bed.

"Thanks, it smells delicious" I kissed his lips then went over to the small circular table. Edward helped me into my seat then sank down in his. I slowly ate that lovely breakfast savouring the flavors that filled my mouth. Not even a few bites into my breakfast Alice came into the room with Jasper tagging behind her.

"We have to go" she yelled.

I glanced up at her then at Edward. "What are you talking about?" I asked.

Edward rose from his seat to glance at Alice. That's when Edward turned around to glance at me with saddness stretched across his face.

"Maddie, you need to pack your things quickly" he said as softly as he could.

I took a few more bites of my breakfast then went to pack my things. I had no idea what was going on but I pushed the thought to the back of my mind. I got all the things I bought, my clothes, bathroom supplies, makeup, and shoes and put them into my large bag. I then went into the bathroom where I changed into a clean pair of clothes. Edward, Alice, and Jasper alread had their things packed. Edward grabbed my bag along with his. The next thing knew we were on a plane back to Forks.

"Edward, what's going on?"

"Now is not the time Maddie. Carlisle will explain when we get to the hospital"

"Hospital? Is someone hurt?" I asked.

Edward looked straight into my eyes. I covered my mouth. "Is someone hurt?" I asked. again.

"Now is not the time" he replied then put his headphones on.

Early Sunday morning was when the plane finally landed. Edward, Alice, and even Jasper didn't say a single word to me. I had no idea what was going on but by the look on Edward's face I knew someone had been hurt. The only question was who? Was it Esme, Rosalie, Emmett, Jacob, Aurelia, my mother? That's when I froze, something was wrong with my mother. I had that gut wrenching feeling that something was wrong with her. We quickly got our bags then headed outside. Of course, it was raining. I cursed at the weather as Edward headed to his Volvo. I got into the passenger seat and waited for the other's to take their places. Edward peeled out, he drove faster than I could ever imagine to the hospital. Edward found a parking spot at once. I was the first one out of the car. I ran as fast as I could inside the building but not fast enough. Edward, Alice, and Jasper were right beside me.

"Carlisle is waiting for you" Edward said. He motioned to Carlisle's office. I looked at the half opened door then slowly walked inside. Carlisle looked up at me sadly and told me to take a seat. I sat down in the cushioned chair and folded my hands in my lap. What the hell was going on?

"Maddie, I was on watch Friday night at your mother's. Just to make sure she was safe. Well, I caught scent of a vampire. I did not recognize it's scent and wanted to make sure it knew the rules around Forks. To not kill any humans and stay off La Push land. I followed it leaving your house. It lead me far south until it's scent ended. I had never known of a vampire to be able to lose it's scent that quickly. Giving up on the search I headed back to your house. That's when I smelt the familiar scent. I made my way to the front door to see that someone had broken into your house. I rushed inside to see that a fight had irrupted" Carlisle stopped then looked into my eyes. "The scent led me into your mother's room. Madelyn, your mother was raped and beaten. She's gone sweetie"

I stared at Carlisle not believing what he had just told me. "No, you're lying" I said.

"Madelyn, your mother was murdered Friday night by an unknown source"

"Let me see her"

"Maddie, you're not ready"

"LET ME SEE MY MOTHER CARLISLE" I yelled making Edward, Alice, and Jasper come into the office.

Carlisle looked up at Edward and nods. "We'll take you down to the morgue"

Edward tried to help me up but I pushed him away. "You should've told me" I said as I followed Carlisle throughout the hospital. I was trying so hard to fight back the tears. I didn't believe that my mother was dead. He led me down to the morgue. Edward closely followed after me not daring to leave my side. Carlisle pulled one of the metal drawers out to reveal my mother's bruised and tortured body. That's when I lost it. She was stabbed numerous times.

My body fell on top of hers. I cried out in pain begging god to bring her back and take my life. Carlisle and Edward watched the sight. Edward knew that if he could cry he would be crying right now. It hurt him to see Maddie like this. Carlisle turned to look at him.

It was Maddie's father who killed her.

I know, he's going to pay for what he did.

You will do nothing Edward. Let the officials handle this.

Did they find DNA, any hair strands?

No

Then don't stand there and tell me that the officials will handle it. Look at Maddie, she is completely heartbroken.

She's going to be living with us. Esme had all her things moved to the house after the police dusted for fingerprints and what not. She made Maddie her own spcial room just across the hall from you.

She's not going to like that.

Where else is she going to live Edward? On the streets? Now that she's 18 she's considered an adult but until she graduates she's in my care.

Like you did any good to protect her.

I told you all that I was sorry. I think a vampire is working for him; why else would that vampire distract me from the house?

You said you lost his scent?

Yes, and his scent didn't smell like any vampire I had smelt before. Usually, we smell like honey and the sun but this one smelt of darkness and terror. I feel bad enough Edward, don't make it any worse.

I sobbed on top of my mother's body for what seemed like hours until Edward pried me off.

"I will prepare the funeral arrangements. Don't worry about that Maddie"

"She's gone" was all I mangaged to say from the hospital. "I want to see my house" I said.

Edward let out a sigh. "No Maddie, you can't go in there"

"I want to see my house. I want my things, I have to get my things. I WANT TO SEE MY HOUSE EDWARD" I yelled out.

Edward looked at Alice for support.

"We'll take her there but they won't let her in" she said.

Edward finally came to a stop in front of my house. I got out of the car then was pushed away by the police. I fell down to my knees and bean to cry out in pain. Why would god do this to me? Why would he kill my mother? Alice and Edward had to get me into the car after Jasper calmed me down. Soon, Edward stopped in front of the beautiful white house.

"Esme got your things and made a room up for you. You get to stay with me now" said Edward.

"I don't want to stay with you, I want my mom" I said as I slowly walked inside the house"

She's hurting Edward. Don't be upset if she says things you don't want to hear.

I know she is upset Alice.

I made my way into the house where Esme, Emmett, and Rosalie all hugged me. I pushed them all away then headed up the stairs. I opened up all the doors until I found my bed. The room was beautifully decorated. I walked to the bed where I fell down and cried.

"Maddie, I know you're hurting" the soft voice of Esme filled the room. I quickly sat up and wiped away my tears. "It's normal to feel this way. You are in pain my love. Do you like your room?"

"Yes, I love it thank you"

Esme walked over to me and sat down on the bed. She pulled me into her arms. That's when I really broke down and cried as Esme held me in her tender arms. She softly sung me a lullaby that made me fall asleep instantly.