Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Transformation

Image

It was three long days. Three long days that I had to deal with the burning sensation flowing through my body. I knew what was becoming of me. I was turning into a vampire. Edward had done something that I had been wanting him to do but a part of me was so angry with him. With all of them, I wanted to die. I didn't want to be a vampire. So many times I screamed because of the pain. I didn't dare open my eyes because I didn't want to see Edward's strained face. I knew he was going through hell right now.

"I was doing this for you" I whispered.

"I could never let you kill yourself for me" he replied. "I couldn't live without you; that's why I did it"

On the third and final day of my transformation, I felt my heart beat as fast as it could. I felt as if a hummingbird had taken over my heart, then it stopped beating for the final time. That's when Edward kissed my lips. I knew then that my transformation as a vampire was complete. I slowly opened my eyes to see Edward, Alice, Rosalie, Emmett, Jasper, Carlisle, and Esme staring down at me. It took a while for my eyes to adjust but when they did...wow. i saw so much clearer than I could've imagined. Also my hearing improved. I could hear the chirps of the birds, the sound of rain hitting the earth, and cars driving down the road. My eyes lingered onto Edward; he looked even more beautiful than I imagined but I was so angry with him. I gave him an angry look.

"I wanted to die" I stopped when I heard the sound come out of my mouth. It wasn't my normal voice, it was a beautiful melody.

"I couldn't let you die Madelyn"

"That was my choice not yours"

"You wanted to be a vampire almost a week ago and now you don't want it?" asked Edward.

"You should've let me die" I raced out of the room at supersonic speed. My feet soon hit the forest floor. I dodged millions of trees until I came to a stop at the river bned. I knelt down to look at my reflection in the water. What I saw startled me. My hair was now a golden blonde instead of platinum, my facial structures were delicate, my lips were plump and stained red, my skin was pale and smooth, and my eyes were also red.

"How long are you going to be angry with me?" Edward sank down in the spot next to me.

"Why are my eyes red?" I asked him.

"It takes time for them to turn golden. Once you get more animal blood in you they will turn brown then golden"

"I see"

"You didn't answer my question Maddie. How long are you going to be angry with me?"

"Forever" I said while folding my arms in front of me. It startled me that I didn't feel the beating of my heart.

"Forever is a very long time my love" Edward stroked my hair then pulled me into him. For once, his hands weren't cold to me. They felt normal.

"It does now that you're a vampire" he said. "Why did you want to kill yourself?"

"I felt like if I did my father wouldn't come after you all. I didn't want to be the cause of your death like I was my mother's"

"Your mother's death wasn't your fault Maddie. Always know that"

I turned to look at the sun that was now uncovered by the clouds. "Will I sparkle like you?" I asked.

"Yes"

"Ooh, I want to see!"

Edward softly chuckled. "In a few minutes, I still want to talk to you"

"About what?"

"You know what you did was wrong"

"I know"

"Did you really want to die?"

I looked up at the sky. "No, I didn't"

"That's what I thought. Now you have to be homeschooled your senior year"

"What? Why?"

"Because you won't be able to restrain yourself from their blood and your eyes would frighten them"

"I'll let them know that I'm moving to Oklahoma to live with my grandmother"

Edward nodded. "That would be the right thing to do"

I heard something ahead moving. That's when I smelt the scent of an animal.

"You're thirsty. Ready for your first hunt?" Edward asked.

I gracefully got up to my feet. "Yes"

For the next hour, Edward showed me techniques on how to hunt. The first taste of blood was inticing. It was sweet yet slightly spicy but in a cinnammon kinda way. I loved the taste and craved for more. After my third deer Edward said I had enough.

"Can we go to the meadow now?" I asked.

Edward softly nodded. We both took off at insane speed. I thought it was so much fun. For the first time, I was actually a fast runner. I followed Edward into the clearing of the meadow. He started sparkling at once.

"You're so beautiful" I said while stepping towards him.

"So are you" Edward lifted my hand up so I could see. My skin was sparkling in the evening sun.

"Wow" was all I could say.

"come lay down with me" Edward pulled me down on the soft earth next to him. "Are you still mad at me?"

I looked over at him and smiled. "No, I'm not mad at you"

And with that Edward and I watched as the sun set, the moon rose, and the stars sparkled in the night sky.