Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Kris Wilson

Image

"Who are you?" Carlisle yelled at the dark figure coming closer to us.

"I mean you no harm" a shaky voice said. "My clan was murdered by a cult"

Carlisle glanced around at us. "How long ago?"

"A week ago in Oregon. I've been wondering around for days trying to find any sign of vampires"

"Did your clan feed on humans?" asked Edward.

The vampire stepped out of the shadows. He was about the same height as Edward, he had shoulder length black hair, and dark eyes.

"My name is Kris Wilson. I feed on the blood of animals not humans. I'm just passing through I'll leave at once"

"No, you can stay here just until you get back on track again"

"Oh thank you so much! Can I ask of your names?"

"I'm Carlisle Cullen, this is my wife Esme and my children Jasper, Alice, Emmett, Rosalie, Edward and Madelyn"

Kris's eyes landed on me. I felt my already cold body shiver.

"Hello Madelyn" his dark voice said.

I felt Edward tence up beside me.

"Maddie is Edward's fiance" said Carlisle.

Kris smiled. "My apologies. I hope I'm not interrupting anything"

"Not at all, we were just finishing up. Why don't we all go inside and get to know Kris some more"

Edward grabbed my hand. He led me into the house while the other's followed. I positioned myself on Edward's lap, his arms wrapped around my waist.

"How were you turned?" asked Esme.

"It was during the Civil War. I hadn't had anything to eat or drink in days. Beyond my surprise I found a cabin with smoke shooting ot of the chimney. I knocked on the door to be greeted by a beautiful woman. She of course fed me then for desert she turned me into what I am today. I woke from my transforation to find that she was gone. I stayed in that cabin for several months. I tried to fight the urge of to drink but it became too much for me. I started hunting on aimals. I soon got tired of feeling sorry for myself. So, I traveled north. I finally found a clan that became my family. A week agao while I was out hunting I heard screams from my family. I came back to see that they were all ashes. It was hard for me, it still is"

"You can stay in the guest room Kris. There's only one rule in this house well two actually, don't feed on humans and don't go on La Push land" said Carlisle.

Kris nodded. I understand"

"Edward, will you show him to the guest room?"

I got off of Edward's lap. He went up the stairs to show Kris to his room.

"Edward doesn't trust him" I stated.

Carlisle and the other's looked over at me.

Edward came back down the stairs alone. "Maddie and I are not staying here. I don't trust him around her"

"You can stay in the cottage" said Esme. "You will just have to clean it up"

Edward nodded then turned to me. "Get a bag together"

"Edward, nothing is going to happen"

"Madelyn, we'll talk about this at the Cabin"

"Okay"

I went upstairs into my room. I got a bag out of my closet and started putting clothes into it.

"Your fiance doesn't trust me"

I turned around to gaze into his dark eyes.

"No, he just wants us to have our privacy"

"Right, I heard him talking downstairs. He doesn't trust me which is understandable. I wouldn't trust a vampire like me around a beauty like you. See you around Maddie" His hand grazed against my face.

I didn't trust myself around this vampire either. He was so seductive. I finished packing my bag then went into Edward's room. He got his stereo, TV, and computer along with movies and cds out.

"I'll take you to the cottage then come back and get the rest of our things"

"Are we moving into the cottage?"

Edward nodded. "Yes, we do need our privacy"

"Why don't you trust him Edward?"

He looked straight into my eyes. "Because he's blocking me out of his mind which means he's hiding something. I don't want him to be anywhere near you. Come on I'll take you to the cottage"

Edward and I jumped out of his large window. We raced through the forest until we stopped in front of a cottage.

"I didn't know this was out here"

"Esme had it fixed up for Rosalie and Emmett but they decided to stay in the house. She said we could move into it when we got married"

Edward turned the electric and water on before entering the house. The living room contained a large sofa, coffee table, in table, lamps, a fireplace, and a bookcase that was filled with books. It had two rooms which of course contained the usual furniture. There wasn't a kitchen but there was a large bathroom with a huge jacuzzi tub, a glass shower, vanity table, two sink, and a long countertop. The cottage also contained a washer and dryer. All that needed to be done with it was a little cleaning.

"I'll be back. Lock the door" Edward kissed my lips then left again.

I sighed. I knew Edward wanted to keep me safe but this was going a bit too far. I went into one of the rooms and began to unpack my things after that task was completed I started to clean up a bit. Alice was about to knock on the door so I opened it.

"Are you okay Maddie?" she aksed.

"I just don't understand why Edward is doing this"

"Jasper wants to stay in the cottage as well. He doesn't trust Kris either"

"Why? Because neither you nor Edward can read his mind?"

"Edward thinks he's after you" Jasper came in behind Alice. "He thinks that he's working for your dad"

"That's absurd. He said that his clan was murdered by a cult. I'm assuming my father's cult"

"He could be lying"

"Did you see him coming?" I asked Alice.

"No, I didn't"

Edward and Emmett came into the cottage carrying the rest of our things.

"He's an alright guy" said Emmett. "He thinks you all hate him"

"Well let him think that" replied Edward.

Emmett set the things on the floor. "I better get back to Rosalie"

Emmett then left the cottage.

"Did Kris say anything to you Maddie?" Edward asked.

"Yeah, he said that Edward doesn't trust him. I said that he does Edward just wants us to have our privacy"

"Then what?"

"He said that he heard us talking downstairs then said something like it's understandable he wouldn't trust a vampire like him around a beauty like me"

The TV that Edward had been holding broke into pieces.

"Don't you dare go anywhere alone" Edward said coldly.

And for the next few days I didn't. I was either stuck with Edward or Alice. Saturday was when things changed. Carlisle came by the cottage to tell us the Kris had left for good, he stuck around the woods to smell his scent to make sure he was really gone and he was.

"Finally" growled Edward.

Alice and Jasper went back to the house while Edward and I stayed at the cottage.

"Are you going to be in a good mood now? Nothing harmed me" I threw my hands up in the air for a dramatic effect.

Edward was sitting in our room reading a book.

"I couldn't be too safe" He said over the pages.

"Can I go run? I need to get out of here"

Edward smiled. "Of course you can. Be careful, don't be gone too long"

"I won't"

I darted out of the house and ran throughout the forest letting my legs stretch. That's when I heard the familiar voice.

"I knew you'd come looking for me"

I skidded to a hault. Kris was standing in the meadow clearing.

"What do you want?"

"Come quietly and I won't have to kill your family"

My mind started to reach out to Edward but Kris pelted forward smashing me to the ground.

"Don't reach out to them" he snarled.

My mouth fell open. "You are working for my father aren't you?"

He smiled. "Surprise, now come on"

Kris dug his nails into my skin and picked me up.

"If you scream they die" he said.

"Where are you taking me?"

"To your daddy, he's anxious to see you"

Kris picked me up then ran through the forest.

Edward, he got me I thought.