Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Anger

Image

After school I went into the library to serve detention. I had to call my mom before that to tell her that I would be late for work because I had detention. She wasn't hppy. Thankfully, I only had to serve my time for an hour. By the time I finished my homework I was able to go. I put my books in my locker then headed out to my car. I spotted someone walking towards me, it was of course Edward Cullen

"Take one more step near my car I swear I'll shove a knife down your throat" I tell him.

Edward chuckles at me then walked closer not daring to listen to my threat. I pulled my pepper spray out of my purse. I whipped around about to spray it into Edward's eyes but he catches me by my wrist. I couldn't believe how fast he was.

"Drop it" he told me.

I had to do what he said. He'd be mad if I didn't. I drop it into his gloved hand. I glare over at him.

"Why are you stalking me?" I asked.

He smiles. "I'm not, I just want to apologize for whatever I did for you to hate me so much. I want to be your friend"

I laugh. "I don't need you to be my friend"

"Give me a reason Maddie"

I count down from five on my hand. "Five, you treated my like shit your first day here, four, I think you're a womanizer, three, you seem like a jerk, two, I don't trust guys and one, well look at that" I held up my middle finger at him then got into my car.

~*~

*Edward's POV*

I watched with a smile on my face as Maddie drove away. She was something all right. How was I going to be able to get to know her better? I knew that being this close to a human was bad but maybe being around her scent long enough would make it that much easier for me. She was indeed a mystery to me; no girl has ever turned down a friendship by me. Maybe Maddie was right, I was a womanizer. I used my looks and dazzle to get what I wanted. It worked on Maddie, I used it to maker her drop the pepper spray. Not like it would've hurt me.

Make her experience love; I remembered what Alice had told me.

That's when an idea popped into my head. I got into the Volvo and sped back home. The other's were out hunting so I had the house to myself for a few hours. I raced upstairs into my bedroom. I found my favorite calligraphy pens long with some parchment. The only way I could get Maddie to actually talk to me is if I made her experience love. I couldn't personally make her fall in love with me in person. That is why I had to write her Secret love lettrs. I knew that Maddie was the girl in Alice's vision, I had to be a gentleman around her and use my charm so she thought I was indeed a gentleman instead of a womanizer; which I wasn't. The chase for her heart excited me. I have never felt this way about a human girl before. I wrote the letter to her, I smiled to myself when I finished it. I couldn't wait to see the look on her face when she read the letter.

~*~

~Maddie's POV~

I raced to work in utter anger. Who does this guy think he is and why the hell did he want to be my friend? Thankfully, tomorrow w would be Saturday. Maybe he'd get the hint that I didn't want to be his friend. The only reason why he probably wanted to be friends is because he wanted to get some from me like the other guys did.

My mom pulled me into the office when I got to the restaurant. She gave me a lecture about good behavior, how I had to be responsible for my actions, and if I didn't change my attitude I'll have to go back to see a counselor. Instead of being the usual hostess my mom stuck me in the back to do the dishes. I was so outraged- my cousin Daniel one of the cooks knew so too.

"Easy Maddie, what did the dishes ever do to you?"

I looked up from my bubbly mess. "Sorry, she just makes me so angry"

"Your mom only wants whats best for you"

Is what's best for me to be stuck back here doing the dishes?"
Daniel shrugged. "At least you don't have to deal with any customers"

I smiled. "That's true"

I went back to scrubbing the dishes.

At ten I was able to clock out. My mom was in the offive counting down the money from the evening.

"I'm sorry about the way I behaved" I told her.

She turned around and nodded. "Shut the door"

I cautiously shut the door afraid that I was going to get another lecture.

"Why don't you spend the night with a friend tonight? You've been really stressed out this week"

I had a reason; two words, Edward Cullen.

That brought back my anger for him then it hit me. Why was he waiting for me after school? I pushed that thought to the back of my mind and finished the conversation with my mom.

"It's too late"

"Well, I'm sure the young lady waiting in the diner wouldn't mind"

I looked at her confused then headed into the dining room. Jessica was waiting for me with a smile on her face.

"I tried calling your cell but you never answered so I called the diner. Do you want to spend the night with me?"

"I guess"

"Good, because tomorrow I'm taking you to Port Angeles so we can find our winter ball dresses"

"That's like three weeks away"

"Two and a half"

"Close enough. I'll spend the night with you but I need to run by my house to get some things"

"Let's get going then"

"By mom, I'll be at Jessica's"

"Bye" she hollered.

Jessica waited in the car while I packed a bag for my nights stay. When I got back in the car she was arguing on the phone with someone. When she hung up she looked at me.

"I hate men" she yelled.

"Join the club" I replied.

"Mike is being an ass. He wanted me to go to his place tonight but I told him you were staying over"

"What did he say after that?"

She shook her head.

"Jessica, what did he say?"

"He said I was turning into a lesbian now, and if you did anything to me he would kick your ass"

"When are those fucking rumors going to stop? I'm not a lesbian"

"I know"

Jessica pulled out of the driveway then headed to her house. That night we watched a few movies, talked, ate pizza then fell asleep or at least she did. I stayed up thinking about Edward. I wanted to ask Jessica if it was the right thing to do. You know about being his friend but she was sound asleep and I didn't want to wake her. I would tell her all about it tomorrow. I closed my eyes still seeing his face, after a few minutes his beautiful face left my mind and I was able to actually sleep.