Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Bait

Image

Edward he got me.

Edward heard Maddie's voice fill his mind. He darted out of the house and raced through the forest following Maddie's scent. It led him to the meadow. Edward glanced around, he inhaled the air but the scent was gone. He balled his hands into fists. Maddie was in danger. Why didn't I go with her? He kept asking himself. He raced back through the forest. Rage was building up inside of him. With all his might he sped up. The white house soon cameinto view.

"She's gone" he yelled as he darted inside the house. "Kris took her"

Edward glanced around the room at his family. "We have to save her"

"We will" said Carlisle.

~*~

Kris ran into the state of Oregon. I quickly reached out to Alice to let her know where I was. Kris was too preoccupied with getting me to my father. He didn't notice that I was reaching out to them. I soon realized that we were in Salem. Kris ran faster until he got to an old run down house.

"Don't run Maddie, be cooperative"

"I will"

I knew if I ran he would just come after me. I was fast but not that fast. Kris pulled me into the house. It smelt of mildew and rot. I didn't get a good look of it on the outside but enough to send the vision to Alice and Edward. Kris pushed me onto a chair. I glanced around the room. I heard the heavy beats of several hearts.

"What do you want from me?" I demanded.

The errie laughter took over the room. A candle was lit so I could see better. My eyes landed on him. Travis Wells, my father.

"You bastard" I flung myself out of the chair but was instantly pulled back by Kris.

"What do you want?" I yelled again.

"We're using you as bait to reel in the Cullen's. Thanks to Kris who got you here"

"And it sure as hell wasn't easy. Edward wouldn't keep his eyes off of her. But in the end, I got Maddie" Kris kissed my cheek. "Your daughter is so beautiful"

"Yes, she is"

"Why do you want the Cullens?" I asked.

The cult began to laugh again. My father bent down to my eye level. "Se we can kill them you silly child"

"Stay away from them"

I tried to break loose of Kris's hold but he was too strong.

"Lock her in the room and watch over her" Travis told Kris.

Kris dragged me into a dark room. He threw me on the bed at once. I watched as he pulled a chair in front of the door then took a seat.

"Why isn't my father killing your clan?"

Kris smiled. "Because, I brought you to him"

"How do you know he isn't lying"

"I looked into his mind and saw only truth"

"I should've listened to Edward. He was right about you all along"

Kris chuckled. "Of course he was"

"So, you were hired to bring me to my father? I bet your plan backfired when Edward took me away from you"

"Not exactly. I knew they would let you wonder around when they thought I was gone"

"Why couldn't Alice see you or get into your mind?"

"I'm a powerful vampire. I can block myself from other's thoughts and I can rid of my scent. Unlike other's of our kind. A year ago, you're father just wanted me to get you away from Edward. He didn't want his human daughter being around vampires. Things changed when he heard that Edward had turned you. He didn't know what he wanted to do. Should he kill his daughter or use her as bait"

"Kill me instead" I begged.

"No, you're father promised you to me"

"I refuse"

"That's not a choice my love!"

~*~

"She's in Salem Oregon in an old house" Alice said while standing up. "Her father is there, he's using Maddie as bait to lure us in"

"About damn time" Jacob flung up from his seat. He glanced around at Aurelia, Sam, Embry, and Quil. Edward had called upon the pack to let them know about Maddie. Of course, Jacob wanted to help save her. He wasn't going to let the bloodsucker's hav all the fun.

"Let's go" said Edward.

At once Jacob and the pack turned into wolves. They darted outside in the darkness. For the first time ever vampires and werewolves had joined forces. And their only goal was to protect Maddie.