Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Karma

Image

I woke up early on Monday morning. My heart was pounding as I drove to school. I couldn't wait to see Edward and tell him that I wanted to be his friend. I spotted him as I came to a complete stop in the parking lot. His cold eyes were staring at me as I walked towards him. His family was hanging around, I didn't want them to eavesdrop.

"Hey Edward, can I talk to you alone?" I asked.

His family got the hint then headed inside the school. I smiled up at him warmly but he didn't return the smile.

"What do you want Maddie?" he asked coldly.

I looked at him with my mouth opened. Was he mad at me? I cleared my throat.

"I wanted to apologize for the way I acted I would also love to be your friend"

I waited in the cold air for him to respond. I waited in the cold air for him to respond. The answer isn't what I expected.

"Sorry I can't" He says. He walks away leaving me dumbfounded.

"Asshole" I yell after him.

The student's who were walking by looked at me. I ignored their whispers. What kind of game was he playing at? He was just getting back at me, that's it. That has to be it. I then smile.

"Karma's a bitch" I said then walk inside.

I head ove to my locker but stopped when I saw a note sticking out of it. I look around at the other lockers thinking that it was an invite for a beer fest but mine was the only one with a note. I set my bag down on the floor then pulled out the note. It was written on a very fancy piece of parchment. When I opened it up I saw beautiful wrigint written on it. I then began to read.

Dearest Madelyn,

If I could spend the day with you we'd enjoy each other's company we'd hold hands as we strolled in the beautiful forest, and we'd talk about everything. If I could spend an afternoon with you, I'd cherish each minute that we'd be together. I'd stare into your gorgeous ocean blue eyes, and without a single word you'd know ow much I care for you. If I could spend an evening with you, I'd hold you in my arms the whole night through. And I'd make passionate love to you. If I could spend my life with you, I'd try to make you the happiest woman in the world. I'd always be there for you, wiping away all your tears when you're sad or blue. And everyday, I'd tell you how much I'd love you and how much you'd mean to me.

Love Always; Your Hearts Desire

I stare at the note with my mouth gaping open. This has to be some kind of joke. No guy would ever write me a love not. I put the note in my locker then got out my books for first hour. During the class I couldn't concentrate. I kept thinking about those beautiful words. Before class I asked all the guys about the secret love letter. They just looked at me like I was stupid then went back to their conversations. My mind was doing cartwheels. Who the hell would write me a love letter?

Halfway through class I had to put my thoughts on hold becuase Mrs. Wiggins came over the intercome and told me I had to go to the office. I looked over at Alice who was staring off into space the whole class hour.

I got my things and left the room with a few snickers behind me. I threw my books into my locker then went to the office.

"What did I do now?" I say as I walk in.

I stop dead in my tracks. When I see my very good friend from La Push, Jacob Black standing in the office with a smile on his face.