Status: Finished

Secret Love Letters

Jacob Black

Image

"What are you doing here Jacob?" I ask while giving him a hug.

He looked taller and more muscular than the last time I saw him.

"I'm a new student" he said.

"What?"

"Yeah, I got kicked out of La Push for fighting. Billy either said I had to finish school at Forks or he would make my life a living he-" Jacob stopped to look over at Mrs. Wiggins. He gave her a side long smile.

"That's great! Well, not about the part of you getting kicked out of La Push but the fact that you're now going to school with me"

Jacob felt bad about lying to his best friend but he had too. The real reason why he was now going to Forks was so that he could protect her. Billy said that the Cullen's the cold ones were back in town. This spiked him into becoming a werewolf; which ran in his blood. He had to make sure Maddie was safe from the bloodsuckers.

"It is great!" he replied.

The bell rang loudly making the students fill the hall ways.

"Let me show you to your class" I said.

Jacob was two grades beneath me that meant we wouldn't have any classes together. Oh well, I could still see him in the hall and at lunch. While walking Jacob to class Edward and his family walked by. The tension in the air was so thick, Edward's face changed into pure hatered while the other's just stared at Jacob Black. I felt Jacob tense up. When they passed around a corner Jacob grabbed my arm whipping me around to face him.

"Stay away from them" he told me.

I looked at him confused.

"Why?"

"Just please for me stay away from them"

Jacob went into class leaving me dumbfounde. What the hell was going on? I shrugged it off then went to Biology. I was shocked to see Edward sitting at my table. I gave him a weird look then sat down beside him.

"Do you know that kid who you were walking with?" he asked.

"Why should I tell you? You don't want to be my friend"

"I said I can't, I never said I didn't"

I gave in. "Yes, I know him"

"Stay away from him"

"That's odd, that's what he said about you"

Edward and Alice exchanged looks.

"What's going on?" I asked.

But before I could get any answers Mrs. Martin started up the class. First, a secret love letter, and now my best friend and the guy I like telling me to stay away from each of them. Could today be anymore odd? After class Edward actually walked with me to my locker. While putting my books away the note from this morning fell out. With a simple brisk movement he caught the note before it hit the floor. I tried to get it back from him but he quickly turned his back to me.

"Give it back" I told.

"What is that?" he asked.

"A private note"

Edward didn't understand the word private. He opened the letter and read it. When he finished he gave it back to me.

"Do you mind me asking who your hearts desire is?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I found this in my locker today"

"I wonder who wrote it?"

"I have no idea. It's probably a joke"

I got my art supplies out of my locker. My eyes glanced around the hallway. Jacob was standing around with a few guys from his grade. He looked from me to Edward, I noticed his fists clenched. Why didn't he like Edward?

"Do you know Jacob?" I asked Edward.

He looked down at me and shook his head.

~*~

"Why don't you want me to stay away from them Jacob?" I asked him.

The final bell of the day rang, Jacob and I were walking out to the parking lot. I spotted Billy sitting in an old chevy truck.

"I thought he couldn't drive" I whispered to Jacob.

"He got a system put in the truck that helps him drive"

"Cool"

I walked over to the driver's side, Billy Black-Jacob's dad smiled at me.

"Hey Maddie, how are you doing?"

"I'm just fine Billy, I see that you're driving now!"

"I sure am! Tell your mom I said hi, I better get Jacob home"

"Bye" I said then walked to my car.

Edward told me goodbye, he was standing next to my car. I smiled at him then got into my vehicle. I could've sworn I saw him wink at me when I drove passed him but I was probably just seeing things. Instead of going to work I just stayed home. I talked to Jessica for a few hours, surfed the internet, took a shower, made me up dinner, then went to bed.

~*~

I pulled to school early the next morning. I got ready for the day. I left my hair curly and applied a little bit of makeup but not too much. I put on a pair of jeans and a pink hoodie.

"Want something to eat?" my mom asked.

"Yeah" I sat with her and ate breakfast. "By mom" I said after I finished.

"Have a good day"

I grabbed my coat along with my bag then headed outside. I came to a complete stop in front of the hight school. My eyes glanced around the parking lot. Edward's Volvo wasn't there. He was probably running late. I got out of my car then went inside the school As I walked to my locker I noticed that there was another note sticking out of it.