Four Leaf Clovers are Useless Now

02.

I walked home once school was over, I had allot of things to get together before I headed over to Alex's home. Mom was sitting on the couch with her feet curled up and face in the paper reading when I walked in the door. She looked over the paper and smiled at me before she looked down and started reading again. I tossed my bag on the couch and slipped off my chucks, before making my way into the kitchen to eat something before I left. I looked in the pantry and grabbed a cup of top ramen, I filled it with water and stuck it in the microwave. I looked over the bar area that separated the living room and the kitchen. “Mom, I will be going out tonight.”

“That's good you need to get out more often, where to?” She didn't bother to look over her paper she just kept reading. I rubbed at the palm of my hand and scrunched my nose a little.

“To the Gaskarth’s home.” This time she did bother to look over the paper, her wire glasses were setting at the bridge of her nose and one eyebrow cocked upward.

“Why are you going there, you having talked to their boy in ages.” She folded her paper and sat it on the coffee table that sat in front of the couch. “Don’t tell me that you are going to start talking to him again after all he put you though.” I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear and rubbed my eyes.

“No I'm not mom, Mrs. Gavin just happened to pair us together for a project we have in that class.” She gave me the stern look she usually gave to my younger brother when he was acting out. The microwave beeped, I turned and took out my ramen, grabbing a fork from the dish drain I stirred, letting it cool slowly.

“Well, that's fine I guess. Don't let him get you riled up like last time because if I have to go through that hell again I think I will have to strangle you.” She smiled at me before she rouse and straightened herself out.

“Thanks allot mom, you are such a great help.” I laughed before I took a bite of my ramen, I nearly spit the noodles out they were still to hot, I was going to regret eating to soon tomorrow, my tongue was going to be so burnt. I grabbed the ramen and walked down the hall and into my bedroom. The cool air in my room was let out as soon as I opened the door, I set down the ramen on my desk and started to change. Sweatpants and a old Bob Marley tee sounded wonderful at the moment and knowing his parents they wouldn't care what the hell I was wearing. I stripped quickly and put on my comfy clothes, carelessly pulling my hair up into a bun I made my way to my laptop on my desk.

I blew on my ramen and took a bite before I started to look up research on Saint Nick. I figured that I might as well start working because I had a feeling I was going to be the only one to put effort into this project. I started to write all the information that I saw on a local information site, taking breaks every other while to finish eating.

By the time I was finished it was six and my dad already was home. Alex never gave me a time to meet him so I assumed that it was just good to go now. I grabbed my note pad and left my room, it was time for me to face my devil, and I really didn't want to. Grabbing my bag from the couch were I had left it I went out the door as silently as I could to not bother my parents from their updated reality shows. I walked to the house next door and knocked, my heart was hammering in my chest, I was scared that his family would turn me away, I had no clue what Alex had told them about me.

The door opened and the smiling face of Mrs. Gaskarth appeared, he smile slipped when she saw it was me. Now I was really scared about what he said about me, her smile went back up as soon as my worry began. “Now this is a surprise, what are you doing here Colbie?”

“Alex and I have a project for history he told me to come over to work on it.” Her smile dropped again at the mention on Alex’s name. She rubbed my upper arm and leaned against the door frame.

“I’m sorry honey you must have heard him wrong, he is out on a date with Lisa tonight.” I furrowed my brown and tried to stay calm for the sake of his mother.

“Are you certain because I know he told me to come here.”

“I am dear, I am sorry, I will tell him you were looking for him when he come back home though.” I bit my lower lip in frustration and nodded my head.

“Thank you that would be great, sorry to disturb you.” She waved me off and smiled.

“Its no problem, good night Colbie.” She closed the door and I stood their for a while before I started walking back to my home fuming, I was in no mood to hear the name Alex Gaskarth tonight, and for him to waste my time, oh hell no, he was in deep shit tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
readers: 14
subscribers:4
reviews:1

thanks to viva la white girl for commenting, her stories are rad. check them out.(;