Shades of Red: A Vampire Story

Shade Ruby: The Vampire

I awoke upon a bed hugged by the finest bedding of deep red and black. The room I was in was the length of 5 hospital rooms. It was lit by multiple candlesticks of red wax, the floor was covered in a soft midnight-black carpet with hints of silver that reminded me of stars. Three walls were painted in that same deep red, but the fourth wall, which was the length of room, did not exist. Instead, in it's place was a large curtain made of a red material trimmed in silver. The end table to my left held a thick black candle and a single rose in a crystal vase. Enchanted by the sight, I sat up to find I was not myself.
My skin was cold and fair as moonlight, and my long brown hair was in an elegant style and seemed to glow with a golden aura. My clothes were no longer my modern wear, but a gown made of the same color fabric as the red splashing the room. The box neckline and long sleeves were trimmed in lace encrusted with tiny rubies, and the chest held a crescent moon made of metal, and in the center of it was a large heart-shaped ruby. Around my neck was a matching lace cameo choker.
The vampire stood at the end of the room, wearing all black leather. He held in his hand a wine glass filled with either red wine or blood. His hair was a dark red-brown , almost a perfect match for the the rooms color, and it glowed in the candlelight. His eyes looked straight at mine, with a piercing stare, and I noticed with my new-found and improved vision that his eyes were crystal blue behind his dialated pupils. His eyes were rimmed with darkness, and his skin was as pale as mine. He pursed his red-stained lips before speaking. "You're awake." his voice was a deep and slow velvety sound with a slight accent I couldn't quite pinpoint. "Yes." Was my only reply. He set down his glass, eyes never leaving mine and he walked over to the bed, grabbing my hand to lift me up. Now up closer I could see his fangs gleaming in the candlelight. I ran my tongue across my teeth to find I had grown two very sharp canines. "I'm no longer human, am I?" "No," he started "and you will become my bride." There was an awkward pause. "Bride?" I echoed the word, thinking back to when Samantha was going to be his bride; She was human at the time. His eyes shifted from me and he appeared crestfallen but his tone was angry. "And if you dare betray me as the others did, you will die." He walked away from me, back to the otherside of the room. I sat back down on the bed, wondering at what would become of me. "When?" he looked at me. "When will we be wed?" he nodded and gave a half-smile. "Come with me" he said. "The family have been dying to meet you."