Vouloir

Are You Having Trouble Finding Sleep At Night?

Jack woke up and shifted his body to face Leslie. He stroked the side of her arm, letting his fingers graze over the cuts and bruises that decorated her. She pushed herself against him, causing Jack to shiver at her touch.

“Thank you.” Leslie muttered, her voice hoarse and soft. Her eyes fluttered open meeting Jack's. A ring of red circled her eyes, showing that she had been crying for most of the night, and there was a light purple bruise above her left cheek. Jack leaned in to her, letting his lips rest on her forehead. She tensed for a couple seconds before relaxing and wrapping her arms around Jack's torso. Jack smiled and kissed her forehead lightly, causing Leslie to shiver. He moved his lips to her cheek and kissed there also. Slowly he inched towards her lips, letting his lips hover over hers. He could feel her breath on his lips. It was hot and the sensation sent a small shiver up his spine. Jack jumped as he felt her lips on his, kissing him lightly. He put his hand on the back of her neck, bringing her closer to him. After a few minutes the small, innocent kiss had turned passionate and she was resting on top of him, straddling his waist. She gasped in pain as he moved his hands to her inner thigh, rubbing the skin. “I'm so sorry-” Tears began pouring down her face as a rush of embarrassment ran through her. She jumped off of him and ran to the corner of the room, curling into a ball and covering her face.

“Shh,” Jack cooed, trying to calm her down as he walked to where Leslie was sitting. He began to rub circles on her back in an attempt to soothe her. Her body shook as she gasped for air, letting out small short coughs. Jack wrapped his arms around her and brought her fragile body into his lap. “Leslie, can you tell me what happened?” He asked after her coughs had stopped.

“I- I- I-” She stuttered, looking up at Jack. Her face was blotchy and black tears hung from her eyes. He kissed her lightly and wiped away the tears, letting his thumb rub the side of her face.

“Please, it hurts me to see you so upset and not being able to help.” A few tears escaped his eyes as he talked.

“He,” She stopped to hiccup, “He came into my room and said I needed to be punished.”

“Who is he? Why did you need to be punished?” Jack questioned, looking down at her with a worried expression.

“My father.” She began crying again, coughing with every sob. She pushed herself into Jack and held onto his shirt, her body shaking. A few tears ran down Jack's face.

“It's okay, I'm here. You don't have to tell me now.” He sobbed, rubbing her back again. She nodded and continued to cry into his shirt, soaking the fabric.