Wicked Rose

Fourteen

I didn't speak to Ville, but I tried to act normal other than that. I wasn't sure how I could ever look at him again after what I did last night. I mean, I knew it was natural, but I was thinking about him. It had me feeling all embarrassed and ashamed. I dressed in black jeans and a blue tank top with a black spiral pattern on it. I wore my blue leather coat, which I only wore when I was feeling daring. I painted my lips blood red and layered my eyeliner pinup girl style. I went for my heeled boots and came out in the living room to see Ville again, changed in completely new clothes. I wondered where he was keeping all his clothes. He was wearing a dark purple silk suite that made his slender figure look amazing, he wore a black tee-shirt under his coat along with a purple and black tie. His hair was down and he was wearing dark eyeliner. It made his eyes look even more intense.

"You're all dressed up," I said, he smiled and came towards me, his eyes scanning my body and face, his eyes lingering on my cleavage which I rarely flaunted, than my neck and my lips.

"You're pretty fixed up, I haven't told you what I do for a living." I was curious.

"What kind of job does a vampire have?" I asked, putting my hand on my hip.

"I'm in a rock band, we're pretty famous actually. HIM, have you heard of us?" I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Yes, I have, do your band members know you're a vampire?"

"Yes, they're vampires too, I didn't make them we're very old friends. We're playing at a club tonight and you need to tell Sami that you need to get off early to see me play. I have to do this show, we're putting off touring for a while until I get this Alexi thing sorted out but I need to act like everything's normal. I don't like to disappoint my fans. " I almost laughed, I wasn't surprised that he was a rock star. It was a perfect job for a vampire. I remembered Anne Rice, the Vampire Lestat, that was a good book.

"So you're like Lestat?" Ville laughed.

"Yes, I guess, but I'm not quite that bratty." I pushed him on his chest.

"So says you, okay I'll ask Sami, but if he fires me I'm kicking your ass." He just smirked.

"Sami's in love with you, he'll never fire you." I pretended that I didn't hear him as we left the apartment. Ville now had his own key so he locked up as I started down the steps.

It was a busy night, so I was worried that maybe Sami wasn't going to let me off early. Sami grabbed me when he saw me and pulled me to the back.

"Thank god, I've been counting the seconds until you're shift. It's crazy out there tonight. It was a wedding party down the street. They're still some of the best men hanging around and they may get fresh but they're harmless so just once I'm asking you to not yell at them. If they lay a hand on you I'll throw them out myself though, please just this once." I smiled and removed my coat.

"Okay, but once they're gone and it’s slowed down I need to get off early tonight, deal?" He nodded,

"Sure, sure, whatever, but can I ask what you have to do so late at night?" I shook my head as I put on the apron.

"I've got a date to see my boyfriend's band play at midnight."

"Oh I see, well I hope you have fun, and remember to get me if those boys go too far, okay?"

"I will, Sami, thanks." I kissed his cheek and watched him blush before going back behind the bar and starting to work my ass off, getting this and mixing that. My head was spinning by the time the boys left and all that was left was the few drunks that were always there. I washed my hands and grabbed my coat before stopping in on Sami in his office to say goodnight. He wished me a goodtime again and gave me a hug. I promised myself that if Ville didn't work out that if I was not in love with someone else by the end of the year I was going to give Sami a shot.

Ville met up with me outside and we took a taxi deeper into the city. We stopped outside of a loud club. It sounded like another band was already playing. We got out and instead of waiting in the long line of people waiting to get in, Ville walked right up to the bouncer and he let us through the velvet rope without a blink. The club was smoky and dark, throbbing lights and lots of dancing people. The stage was the only lit up thing in the place and the bar was upstairs were it was a little brighter. He grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd of sweating bodies and to the stage where off to the side was a door with another bouncer who let us through again.

Backstage was still dark, I smelt liquor and pot strongly in the air. There was a table full of beer and other drinks with piles of weed and joints laying out for all to see. Now I was a teenager and I use to get stoned but I stopped after I didn't have money for it anymore. I had never had a bad experience with it but like any drug, if you let it, you can get too dependant on it. The room was lit with a black light making everything glow, I saw five figures laying in the bean bag chairs, passing a joint around. One of them, with dark hair stood up and greeted us.

"Mige, This is Alice, Alice, our bass player, Mige," I nodded at him,

"You're just as pretty as he said, great to finally meet you." I blushed a little. Ville lead me over to the rest and induced them by name and what they did in the band. The Guitar player, was blond with dreads and very quiet. The drummer, Gas, was a pleasant bald fellow who was all too eager to give me a big hug. The keyboard player was a tall brown haired man named Burton, he seemed nice as well. They all already knew about me, leaving me to wonder when Ville talked to them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you all so much again. Your comments brighten my day, I hoped you enjoyed this chapter.