Wicked Rose

Twenty-Seven

It was early morning when I woke up. Ville was dead asleep or actually dead, I couldn't tell because he didn't breath in his sleep. He told me that breathing was an old habit and vampires didn't need to. I struggled my way out of his hold and found myself actually waking up during the day. It had been a long time.

I dressed in jeans and a blue tank top and decided to do some much needed house work. Might as well clean the place before we leave so it won't be too nasty when we get back. If I ever come back. I was still questioning weather or not that I was in love with Ville, yet I was thinking about asking him to turn me. I knew that I felt so natural about being with him, I knew that he was my first lover and that it was most likely that I was in love with him. I guess the glamor of living forever and always being young was attractive, but mostly I just…was starting to think that I could live with Ville forever. I knew that Ville might not want to do it, but I was building a case for it.

I dusted, scrubbed and polished everything in my apartment. Around a hour before sunset Bam showed up with a bag. I invited him in and made him and myself some dinner. While we ate and waited for Ville to wake up, I explained to him that if he threw a party that he had to clean up afterward and replace anything broken. He agreed, promising to take good care of my apartment.

While I was washing the dished from dinner, Bam was watching the TV, That 70's Show, I think. I laughed listening to the clever dialogue from the kitchen. Ville appeared from my bedroom. I finished up cleaning and he told me to get packed. He said to only pack a few things, he was planning on buying me some new clothes soon. I rolled my eyes, knowing he meant he wanted more dress and skirts and sexy under things. Knowing that, I only packed pants and covering tops.

"Are you almost done?" Ville asked poking his head in on me in the bathroom. I was collecting the little make up I had in a purple carrying case along with brushes, tampons, my anti-depressants, and tooth brush.

"Yeah, this is the last of it…I want to stop by Sami's to say good bye real quick." He nodded and reached into my case, pulling out the bottle of anti-depressants.

"Do you really need theses?" I shrugged and put them back in the case.

"I've been taking them since I was ten, I tried to see if I could get off them a year or so ago, but that was a bad idea, so I guess I do need them." He kissed me before letting me past him into the bedroom where I put my long trench coat on and grabbed the back pack off my bed and put it on, my carrying case in hand.

We said good bye to Bam, who wished us luck. Ville got us a taxi because after seeing Sami, we were headed straight for the airport. Ville had already booked us a private plane to England. I wondered if Ville was rich or something because he seemed to not think much of spending money. Sami didn’t like the idea of me leaving, but he was still supportive. We hugged and as we parted I could see in his eyes that he was going to say it.

"Alice…that day you first came in here for a job I knew that you were special and you are. You're a very special kind of loving person who can change a bad day into a good one just by smiling at you." I smiled and almost wanted to cry. He went on, "I guess I'm trying to say that I care about you a lot…if anything happened to you.." He shook his head, "I think I'd lose faith in everything….Alice I'm trying to tell you that.." I put my finger to his lips and felt a tear fall down my cheek. I kissed him very softly on the lips.

"Sami, I know, and I love you like a brother. Someday you're going to make some woman very happy." I saw his eyes moisten, but he didn't cry. He just nodded and hugged me again. "If I didn't love Ville, it would be you, Sami." I whispered into his ear before we parted. As the taxi pulled up to the airport I found myself thinking of the first time I walked through those front doors when I came here over a year ago. I love Finland and I was going to miss it.

Ville held my hand as we weaved in and out of the many people in the airport despite the fact it was getting late. The woman at the desk was young and pretty, her eyes widened seeing Ville and I knew exactly what she was thinking. "Oh my fucking god that man is prettier than me!" I smiled at her as Ville pulled me close under his arm, I guess trying to tell her, I got a girl please don't flirt with me.

"Can I help you?' She asked in a piped voice. Her bright pink fake nails clicked on the desk and she swung her brown hair with bleached chucks back, I could smell her cheap perfume. I hated it when a dark haired girl highlighted her hair with large blench chucks, it looked horrible. Look, you know you can't pull off blond so just put the bleach back because the highlights just look like bird crap.

"Yes, we have two boarding passes on flight 16 to London." He handed her our passports and tickets. I wondered how a vampire gets a passport and an ID. I guess they have their ways. She batted her eyelashes and didn't take her eyes off Ville. Even while her plastic nails clicked away on her keyboard her little beady eyes bore into him. I was starting to get annoyed. Since we were waiting anyway, I reached up on my tippy toes to kiss Ville on the lips very softly. Ville was grinning silly when we parted and I completely forget why I had kissed him in the first place as I got lost in his faded kiwi eyes.

"Here, you're flight leaves in an hour and twenty minutes." She looked and sounded annoyed now, but she was still making time to wink at Ville. He gave her the worst kind of sour face when she did and she looked like he had just hit her. I snickered as we left and went on to drop our bags off and sit down to wait for our plane to leave.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am too good to you all. But you are all good in return.