Wicked Rose

Three

I got up from my bed one evening like always, I worked the night shift, they saved up the glasses from all day so they only had to hire one person for one shift. I didn't notice anything different from this night than the one before. But it was different.

In the last past weeks I’d been having a strange feeling that I was being fallowed and watched. I told myself that this was from what I had experienced now a year ago. I was eighteen, living alone and working all night. I felt like one of the living dead during the day so I pretty much only came out at night anymore. Even on my nights off.

I dressed in black jeans and a red velvet shirt, Sami got on my ass if I wore something too casual. He was old fashion about women, thinking they were breakable innocent things. He wasn't sexist, just native when it came to women. He also told me that a lady as pretty as me should always look like a princess. I took that as a smart ass comment because I didn't know him well enough yet. I only took the time to brush my brown curly hair and applied black eyeliner. I was one of those girls that hated how attractive I was. Guys at the bar-and a few women- were always hitting on me. Now I couldn't tell them I was underage, because I was finally eighteen. I hated that fact. I hated that even my sweet boss wanted to fuck me when I had no interest in having sex with anyone. I maybe would have had sex with Ville, but it wasn't like I would ever see him again.

People told me I should model or be a hooker, either way I’d get rich quick. If only I had such little self-respect. If other women did it, fine but I couldn't sell my body on any level. The only way I’d share my body and love with anyone was going to be if they really cared about me and valued what I gave. It was just the way I was made.

I lived only across the street from the bar so I was never late. The bar was clean and a lot classier than most in the area. Sami didn't put up with violence or assholes. He tried to keep the bar a place where couples could come and it still be a night out. I liked working there actually. I put on the black apron and headed behind the bar to the kitchen. Sami was back there with Jillian, she was a cocktail waitress that had seen too many tanning beds and who's hair had too much bleach but she was usually nice.

Sami's brown eyes smiled when seeing me. I didn't like seeing that. I sighed and he patted me on the back.

"How are you miss sunshine?" I rolled my eyes and went to the sink, glasses piled sky high of course. I started the water before responding.

"Fair, how about you, Sam?"

"Pretty damn good, actually. Look," he leaned against the cooler and watched me wash a glass. "Alice, I need a big favor…" I looked up and raised an eyebrow. It finally came.

"I can’t date you Sami, I'm a lone wolf, you’re my boss, it wouldn't work." I blurted, he blinked.

"Um…okay, but I was going to ask something else," Fuck.

"Oh…okay," I blushed and wished that the floor swallow me whole.

"Nana is not coming in and I can't get a hold of the knew guy. I know that you don't do this but could you please work her shift tonight? I'll give you a raise and I'll do the dishes." I couldn’t believe how wrong I had been, at lest I was off the hook.

"Um, okay, but only this once." I gave him the rag and walked out front, Jillian was severing a man at the bar and it looked like a man had just walked in. He gave me a look that made all the hairs on my body stand up. I grabbed the notebook and headed over to the booth he sat in, I knew exactly how the take orders since I saw the girls do it every night. I just cut out the flirting. Tips weren't worth my dignity.

The man looked up at me as I came closer, I had seen those cold eyes before I knew that I had. But there was something not quite right about him. I cleared my throat, trying to cover up the feeling.

"What can I get you?" He smiled something cruel and leaned back in the booth.

"Nothing, I'm waiting for a friend." I raised my eyebrow again. His voice was familiar too. I felt like he knew me and was trying to get me to remember him. It was than that I thought of that night. I turned around and walked away quickly, I kept walking until I went back to the kitchen, Sami was still washing, he raised his head when I came in.

"What's wrong?" He asked, I rubbed my forearms. I hated to tell him the insane story of that first night so I just said what came to mind.

"That guy that just came in, I think he's a guy who assaulted me a year ago when I first came here. I don't know for sure but he's fucking creepy and wouldn't order anything, he said he was waiting for someone." Sami stopped washing and stood up, drying his hands on a towel.

"Tell me what table." He said in a low voice. I sighed, I knew that he would want to kick his ass. Sami thought any man who touched a woman or child in angry was the devil.

"Sami, you don't have too…" I fallowed him into the bar, his walk and eyes said that he was ready for a fight. I hated violence…even if it was for a good cause. When we came around the bar, the table where the man sat was empty.

I had another chill run through my body.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is going to be a slow builder, so I hope that you like the characters enough.