Wicked Rose

Thirty-Eight

Ville and I sat down and ordered drinks even though we couldn't drink them. The pains hadn't eased in any way, in fact it was becoming harder and harder to control myself around all the beating pulses. Ville held my hand and I felt his love give me strength. Both our heads turned as the door opened and in walked a young woman that couldn’t have been older than sixteen. She was short, slender but with a nice, willowy, not-too thin figure and long pale blonde hair that hung in her ache scared pretty face. Ville squeezed my hand, everyone was looking at her, it was clear that she was too young to be in a bar. She was clearly in trouble, maybe a runaway. She had that desperate look when one's being hunted.

"She'd be perfect," he whispered in my ear. I studied the girl as she moved her eyes shiftily across the room. Sami came over to her and asked for her ID. The girl's hazel eyes watered and she shuttered as she spoke.

"I l-l-left I-I-I-t a-a-a-t h-h-home." In Finland, the drinking age was sixteen but this girl could have been fourteen. Sami stared down at her long and hard, crossing his arm he sighed and asked her to fallow him into the back. The girl's face was horrified, she thought he was going to call the cops no doubt. As they walked past, I grabbed Sami's arm.

"May I come and have a word with her as well?" Sami smiled at me,

"I was thinking of asking you to come actually, so of course." I excused myself from Ville and we all three went into the back. The girl hung her head, she was all but crying by the time we had her in his office and the door closed.

"So, first thing's first. I'm Sami and this is Alice. We're not here to turn you in or hurt you we'd like to help you if we can. What's your name?" Sami could be very sweet if he wanted, and was always nice. You wanted to trust him so I was sure that the girl would calm down now. You could see much of the tension in her body release and her eyes weren't as wide, but she was still on alert. She was quite pretty even with the few ache scars, with her big eyes and full lips, her face was completely oval.

"Mira…" Her voice matched her aura of scared innocence, it was very soft and yet edged with a bitterness that you usually hear in an older, jaded person's voice. I saw myself in her, suddenly and that's what I wanted her. I wanted to heal her and my old wounds. I thought I was over that, I guess you never really completely get over being abused. It just gets easier to live with everyday.

"Mira is a lovely name, you're very pretty and young to be walking into a bar in this part of town all by your self. Can you tell us why?" Mira's hazel eyes are mostly green and blue, the brown is around the edge of the iris only, but after he asks, the brown and green darken and seem to grow over the blue in the middle. Green in still the dominate color. Being a vampire I notice many things I use to miss. His question has upset her. But after a deep a sign she answers him.

"I am hiding from the police and social services…. I ran away from my foster home. They were abusing me there and I couldn't take it any more. Please, please if you really want to help me, give me a drink and get me out of this damn city before they send me back to those fuckers or worse." Her voice has passion, but she does not raise it. Tears fill her eyes but they do not fall. I am surprised that she has told us so quickly. Sami is pleased and worried for her, we talk for a while before I go to get Ville. We have a plan to take her out of the city tonight in Sami's truck while he works and he'll take a cab home. We'll return it to him in the morning. Sami gives Mira two-hundred dollars, she cries and kisses, calling him an Angel. He makes her promise to find a part time job and to go back to school. She agrees, overjoyed that her life has just completely turned around.

Once Ville and I have her in the truck and we drive a few blocks away, I pull over and Ville stares into Mira eyes for a few moments. He pets her hair and whispers comforting things to her. She's soon in a trance, and I am so aware of my hunger I am over come with fear. I don't want to bite her. What if something goes wrong? Ville makes me look at him and a wave of agony, like hot needles in my stomach, over takes me. My veins are pounding, my fangs press against my lip and her heart beat is calling me. Than I know that Ville is with me and I must drink. Gently as I can, I pull her slender fame into my lap, I savor the smell of her skin and blood. Brushing her hair from her neck, I sink my fangs into her soft neck. Mira lets out a soft gasp, but I hardly pay notice as I am in ecstasy as her blood splashes, hot and full of life against my tongue. I withdraw my fangs as Ville told me, and just let the blood flow into my mouth. It was amazing, as I drank more and more I felt every cell and tissue in my body humming with pleasure and life. I could taste Mira's very essence in the blood, I knew now what Ville meant. She was sweet, with a tart finish like candy. She moaned softly and her heart beat began to flutter. I pulled back, gasping, and unsatisfied.

"Very good, perfect timing, she'll be weak for a few days but nothing serious. She's young and healthy and I plan on setting her up in a nice hotel for a for weeks." Ville rubbed my cheek and I was in a swoon from the blood. It was like I was high. Mira was now sleeping peacefully, Ville healed the marks on her neck and erased the past last few moments for her.

"I'm so happy that I didn't hurt her…but I'm but hungry." Ville's smile wavered as I started the truck back up.

"I'm sorry, sweetie. That happens at first, but…this doesn't have to be the last stop of the night." I leaned over and kissed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for no updates. I'm still writing I just have really bad internet issues right now. Thanks for reading and hopefully more to come.