Wicked Rose

Seven

I continued to ask Ville questions about being a vampire as we walked back to my apartment across town. I hated to say it but the more we talked the more I liked him and the more I could see myself enjoying his stay.

"So, crosses?" I asked, kicking up the dirty water from the street with my boot. Ville chuckled,

"Nothing, I suppose if a Christen was made vampire that maybe when they saw the cross they wouldn't like it much but they have no real power over us."

"I see, what about other holy symbols?" He looked across at me,

"I'd say the same answer. Before you ask about holy water or garlic, no to both." I couldn't stop a smile breaking out.

"Do I have to invite you into my home?"

"Yes, I'm not sure as to really why other than to keep the human race safe. As long as vampires have weakness humans are the dominate race, I think it's suppose to be that way."

"So you think that if vampires could walk in sunlight we'd be screwed?"

"Screwed? Yes, eaten? Yes, bred for food? Yes, kept as pets? Yes." I stopped walking and glared at him.

"Not you, though, right?"

"Of course not. I like laughing at how stupid most of mankind is and than I love meeting a human who is completely amazing and is what all humans should be."

We arrived at my apartment building, there was only stairs, so we walked up the ten floors to my apartment. I unlocked my door and found it was very toasty inside, I had forgotten to turn off the heater. I went over to turn it back and took my coat off, hanging it on the back of the door. Ville did the same with his coat. I wished he hadn't because now I was going to be staring at his beautiful chest all night. I didn't want him to know that I found him attractive because than he wouldn't pursue me. I didn't want a relationship. I didn't know how to have one.

Ville looked around my home. I wasn't embarrassed of being poor, I worked hard to keep what I had looking nice so even though it was small, it was clean and decorated with my own drawings. Ville picked up one that was famed on the coffee table. It was of a fairy ridding on a magical bird.

"You drew theses?" He asked, I nodded as I sat down on the sofa. He sat beside me, and replaced the drawing. "They're very good, you have a lot of talent." I hardly ever had people look at my art and say it was good. They always said it was too cartoony.

"Thanks," I wasn't sure how to take a compliment.

"I should go feed, you should sleep." He stood up and went to the door. I fallowed him, watching as he put his coat on.

"What do I do if Alexi comes?" He turned to look at me as he opened the door.

"Run, outside and to a public area and stay there. I'll be able to find you." He closed the door without another word.

I went to take a hot bath before going to bed, I had never lived with a man before. I wondered what it would be like. Of course he wasn't a normal man but it was still something new. I liked him more than I should already. Maybe it was just because he was so attractive. But than again he was charming as well. I shook myself and decided to just relax. I sank into my bathtub and sighed as the heavenly hot water embraced me. I washed and shaved quickly, wanting the water to stay hot so I could just soak in it until it was cold. I relaxed back, leaning my head against the wall. I closed my mind and thought of my first and only real friend, Loki.

"Here Lokiā€¦come on, Dad's gone out you can come out now." I whispered under the stairs. Slowly a grey, sleek, thin, stripped tabby came out of the dark with green flashing eyes and he opened his mouth sounding out a noise that could only be a meow that was coming from a rusty gate. I picked him up and cuddled him close, he suddenly began to purr and meowed again. I carried him inside and up to my room where I already had his food and water set out. I put him down and laughed as he dashed over to the food bowl and purring even louder, devoured the food in moments.

When Loki was done he looked up at me and meowed, begging for more petting. I knelt down and brought him into my lap where he laid on his back while I rubbed his belly and he fell asleep in seconds. I picked him up and carried him to my bed where I slipped in and placed him between my legs. He woke up just long enough to settle in the dip of my hip while I slept on my side. I stroked his soft, smooth fur as I fell asleep, feeling his loving purr. He made me feel worth something. He loved me, he needed me, he missed me. He was my only friend.


I slowly got out of the tub and dried off. Loki got run over just a year after I got him. He died on impact and I buried him at the park. A flower bed grew on his grave that next spring. I still missed him dearly and wondered why he had to die. He meant so much to me. He loved me when no one else did. Great. I was crying again. I wiped my face and got ready for bed even though the sun would be up in an hour. I wondered if I would
see Ville when I woke up.
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is dedicated to my best friend and the nicest, sweetest cat ever. My dear Loki, who was run over this morning. RIP in my friend, until we meet again.