My Daddy, Gerard

1

*My P.O.V. throughout whole story*

I lay there, staring at the poster of My Chemical Romance on my ceiling. I sighed and turned on my stereo with a remote. "The End." came blaring from the speakers, but my mom hadn't minded. I still stared at the poster, looking at each member individually. First Mikey, then Bob, then Ray, then Frank, and finally, Gerard. He was my favorite member in the band. And no, not just because he was the lead singer, but I felt I knew his personality. I'd watched way too many MCR interviews on the internet then I thought a 14 year old should. I had been to about every concert they had in Maryland, or close. He seemed like a really nice guy.
"Dead!" came on and I still lay there, mouthing the words like I was the one singing, not Gerard. I loved my room. It was my escape from everything. People, stress, anger, anything. With it's light grey walls, most plastered with My Chemical Romance posters, setup chosen by me; bed under the window, dresser near the door, desk beside my bed.... Anyway, and the black carpet. The only stain you could see on it was the baby powder stain when I had it as my nursery.
Just then, "This is How I Disappear" came flowing from the speakers, and my mom opened the door. I paused the stereo.
"Yes?"
"Dinner! I called you 5 times."
"You know I play my music loud!"
She rolled her eyes and I walked to the doorway. I shut my bedroom door that had a sign that read "WARNING: MCR worship zone ahead" and followed my mom down the stairs.
We ate our porkchops in complete chaos. The usual. Mom yelling at my brother, Dad joining her, and my brother yelling back. I sat in silence. We heard a knock on the door and became quiet.
"I'll get it," I said softly as I lifted from my seat. I opened the door, and there he was. The man I always wanted to meet. The man I felt could be the best friend I didn't have. Was right in my door way.
"Can I come in?" he said in his lovely melodic voice. I hyperventilated as I nodded, and he sat on the couch. I headed back for my seat, staring at the man. Oh my god. Gerard Way is in my house. On my couch. Oh. My. God. My mind raced with thoughts like that. I finished my food and drank what was left of my soda.
"M-may I b-be exc-cused?" I stuttered. Mom nodded and I put my stuff in the sink, and we all sat in the living room. I planted my bottom next to Gerard, and whispered:
"H-hi..."
"Hi,"
My mom broke the awkward silence that had filled the room.
"I think I know why you're here, Mr. Way..."
I heard my dad mutter to himself;
"I knew this day would come, I knew it..."
"Well, why is he here?!" I half -yelled.
My mom looked at her feet. Her once smirk morphed into a small frown.
"Why?!"
"Honey... I don't know how to tell you this, but... b-but... you're..."
"Adopted. I'm sorry." Gerard finished her words. I began crying, and he wrapped his arms around me.
"Then why are you here?" I asked through my tears.
"I'm you're dad."
Another awkward silence fell upon the crowded little room.
"Alison, I'm sorry we didn't tell you sooner..." my dad said.
"And I'm sorry you were put up for adoption. You see, I had a girlfriend, and she had gotten pregnant and I hadn't known. A little bit after you were born, she died in a car crash, and the stupid fucking hospital folks didn't bother to do any paternity tests, and you were put into an orphanage. I found out a few weeks ago and they told me that I was able to come claim you. Alison, if I would have known my girlfriend had gotten pregnant, I would have been there for you, but we broke up before she knew." He picked me up and sat me on his lap. I was still crying my eyes out, and, once again, quiet fell upon the room.
"Alison, he's going to come and take you to New Jersey with him to live with the band a week after school ends.
I know I was crying, but inside I was filled with overwhelming joy and confusion.
"I better get going," Gerard said. He kissed the top of my head, waved godbye to everyone, and walked out the door.
When he did, I felt like I was never going to see him again, but I knew I was. I ran up to my room, unpaused my stereo, and began packing at once. I actually couldn't believe it, so I pinched my arm as hard as I could.
"Ow!"
I knew I wasn't dreaming now. I pinched myself so hard, I drew blood! But I had sharp nails... Anywho, I put on a Band-Aid and carried on packing.
I knew life with my daddy would be better than it was in this hell hole.