My Daddy, Gerard

16

I was pacing around in the foyer, looking out the window every five seconds for Haliegh's black convertible. Mariah was sitting in the living room in her pajamers watching t.v., not anticipating her maybe-future-stepmom and her twin sister's best friend. The house phone started ringing and I practically flipped over. I answered the phone from the stool.

"Hello?"

"Hi Alison, remember me?"

"Uh, let me think..." I tried to analyze the girl's voice, searching through my thoughts.

"Kay, I remembered! You're Haliegh's sister Aspen! haven't seen you in FOREVER!"

"I know! I was 10, you were almost 12, and Haliegh was just 17. It was her birthday party, 2004. We tried to call your uh... now dad but he wouldn't answer and we played MCR for music."

"That was three years ago... wow."

"Yeah, I know. I'm 13 now. You?"

"I'm turning 15 in a few months. And I'll almost have my driver's license."

"Ooh, will you drive me around?"

"What about Haliegh?"

"Oh yeah. Why I would forget that in her car, I'll never know."

There was a short awkward silence until I heard a squeaky bird noise in the background.

"What was that?"

"One of your gifts."

Another little silence.

"Guess what!" we said in unison.

"You go first." So she did.

"I dyed my hair black! It looks cool!"

"Wasn't it blonde last year?"

"Yeah, and brown every year before that. What was your guess what?"

"You know, I forgot. Can I talk to Haliegh?"

"Sure, here she is."

"Hey Alison."

"Are you almost here?"

"About two blocks away, actually."

"Wow. You're that close?"

"Yes... be looking out for my car!"

"Okay then, bye!"

"Bye! See you in two minutes!"

And about two minutes later, her black car came pulling into our 7 car garage(omg!). I ran outside, pulling Mariah along with me. The guys had to go to a concert last minute, but it was still in Newark so it wasn't much of a hassle.

Aspen got out of the car first and lunged herself toward me, wrapping me in an unbreakable hug. Haliegh got out and opened the back door on her side, and took out a cage with a white bird in it.

"This is for you. It's a white canary. Really rare. Named Caitlynn. And here's your puppy!"

She took out a black lab puppy with white ears and a white stomach and white ears.

"Her name is Amanda. And you have kitten too."

She took out a small cage with a striped grey, white, and black kitten in it.

"This is Natalie. Two more gifts..."

She then took out a light brown bunny with white and black spots.

"Her name is Jena. The last is a bit unusual..."

She took out another small cage, but this one had a CHINCHILLA in it.

"This is Ashley."

"Wow... how did you get all these?"

"Did you forget? My aunt works for the pet rescue team. She knew I would take care of them... and I told her that they were gifts for you. he couldn't object to that. So the animal protection place let me have them. I bought the chinchilla, though."

"I saw a mall in Annapolis that had a pet store with a chinchilla..."

"That's where I got her."(o.o)

"Awmazing..."

"Where's the guys?"

"At a concert. They'll be back soon though."

"Hmmm... Is that your twin? She looks exactly like you. With black hair, of course."

"Yea, I''m her twin. My name's Mariah. I'm guessing you're Haliegh?"

"Yeah. And this is my little sister, Aspen."

"OMG my own mini-me!"

"Woah."(Aspen said this.)

We shook it off and Me and Mariah took our new pets into the my room. Aspen and Haliegh both had huge floral print suitcases. Haliegh had an extra matching bag with makeup, I supposed. But I guessed wrong.

When I had led her to her room on the third floor, she dumped stuff out. 4CDs, her teddy bear, a small notepad, and a little black purse(with makeup) fell out.

"Check it out!" She held up the CDs, which were Minutes to Midnight by Linkin Park, Dookie by Green Day, the Best Damn Thing by Avril Lavigne, and Infinity on High by Fall Out Boy.

"What's so special about 4 CDs I already have?"

"You have these? I thought you'd love me forever if I brought them."

"I would love you forever If you brought me a car."

"You don't want much."

"I know I don't. But you loved me forever in '05 when I gave you my MCR shirt. Remember, the camo one?"

"Yeah"-she said while opening her suitcase-"I brought it with me. I figured the guys would appreciate it. Too bad your dad isn't here..."

I rolled my eyes as she started unpacking.

"You know, he thought you were sixteen on the phone. He was surprised when I said you were 20."

"I didn't know I sounded your age."

We heard the limo on steroids pull into the super humongous garage and I started out the door.

"Is it them?"

I nodded as I flew out of the room, then 2 flights of stairs, Haliegh not far behind. When we got outside, Aspen and Mariah were carrying parts of Bob's drum set, Dad carrying five mic stands, Ray and Frank bringing their guitars inside, Mikey putting new strings on his bass guitar, and Bob with a larger part of his drum set. They were bringing them into the storage room the the garage.

"Alison, is that Haliegh?" dad said when he put the stuff into the room.

Haliegh started hyperventilating, which made me and dad laugh.

"Yeah, that's Haliegh," I said through one last giggle. Dad went to stand next to Haliegh to compare their heights. He laughed once and stepped away, impressed.

"You're tall." He laughed again.

"Canihugjoo?" she said a bit too quickly. Dad was cracking up now. He nodded and Haliegh wrapped him into a hug. He opened his arms again but she wouldn't let go. We literally had to pry her off. I grinned when she let go and looked at her evilly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the description of Haliegh's appearance:

She stepped out of here car in a plain tight black t-shirt and faded flare jeans, with black high top Chuck Taylor converses. Her shoulder length, medium brown hair with blonde highlights, was just down. She also had thick eyeliner on both eyes. It was black up near the lashes then purple underneath with purple eyeshadow.

You'll see why I looked at Haliegh evilly in the next chapter(which is short.).

COMMENT!