My Daddy, Gerard

21

For those of you too lazy to read the description, this is in Haliegh's P.O.V.

9:17PM - I smiled at Gerard sleeping peacefully on his chair. He looked so cute. Smiling hurt a little, but I didn't care, as long as the smile was for Gerard. We had finally settled that it was my fault we crashed, and I liked that. I didn't want the man of my dreams to feel guilty about something 1/100 his fault.

I started to doze off myself, but Gerard woke up.

"You're awake!" I whispered. "Hurrah!"

"I'm still sorry, though."

"I thought we settled this was all my fault? Besides, I can still use the top half of my body." I clapped my hand over my mouth at that. The second sentence was supposed to stay a thought!

"What are you getting at?"

"Uh..." I smirked. "You have to come closer to find out." I winked.

He rolled his eyes but not reluctantly moved the chair forward. Hey, maybe I was good at this flirting thing. I mean, getting the man I loved(but he didn't love me that way...) to kiss me, for the first time! He was willing! I started to hyperventilate.

"The answer to you question is that I can still do this,"

My speech was a bit slurred. I pulled his face closer to mine, and he actually took over there. Gerard started a kiss by bringing his face to mine and wrapping his arms around my neck. I got into it, moving my arms around to get him CLOSER. But hey, what do you expect? I was kissing a celebrity I never thought I'd meet(nonetheless be kissing)! I had to thank Alison for this.

Anyway... I practically pulled him onto my hospital bed, tightening my grip on his body, pulling on his hair. I couldn't go far out of the bed because it hurts like hell if you rip out and iv. I heard the door open and then close again. Must've been a nurse.

I felt a moan escape from my lips, opening them slightly. Gerard took this as intentional, and put his tongue in my mouth. He tasted weird. But that doesn't mean I didn't like it... So don't think so!

Gerard wanted me closer(still, if that was even possible), but remembered the iv! So he did get onto the bed! I squealed with delight in my head, adrenaline rushing through me. I started to feel lightheaded from not breathing, but I didn't want to break the kiss; but I NEEDED to breathe. If I could choose, I’d rather have continued kissing Gerard than breathe. I gently pushed him away and panted. Well, more hyperventilated slowly. But I guess that is panting. Gerard put his left hand on his heart and started breathing like me. We sat up, and he put his right hand on mine.

“OMG,” I gasped.

“I know,” he gasped back.

“So…”

“Yeah…”

“I feel like a hypocrite…”

“Don’t feel bad again, please! Why?”

“Do you recall ever seeing somewhere that I said I’d never date a fan?”

“Yeah,”

“And you are, in fact, a fan.”

“And your daughter’s best friend for 9 years. That counts for something, right? I’d call it a loophole.”

“I guess you’re right. I can’t really think straight when I’m worried like that.”

“I know how you feel, Gee.” I sighed, and giggled in my head about calling him “Gee.”

The room was silent for the next few minutes before Gerard spoke.

“You know how on the phone that first time I said I wouldn’t marry you?”

Adrenaline started coursing through me again. “Yeah?”

“Maybe, if you’re lucky, I’ll take that back someday.” He squeezed my hand under his, then I let out a small squeal when – FUCK! – my head started hurting real bad. I instinctly put my hand on my forehead, the one under Gerard’s.

“What’s wrong?” Yay! Concerned!

“What’s it look like, Gerard? I have a headache!”

Crap. Why did I have to be such a bitch when I had a headache?

“Okay,” he said, pushing the nurse button on the remote thing. Nicole ran in the room. I was surprised she was still there.

“Yeah?”

“I got a headache! It hurts really fucking bad!”

“Oh, alright.”

She ran out and then back in with a blue bottle of Children’s Tylenol.

“Is it disgusting?”

“Probably not, it is the kid’s one.”

Nicole handed me two pink tablets from the bottle and I took them. I put them both in my mouth. They tasted like strawberry. I started feeling drowsy after that, and – BAM – I was asleep.

August 15, 11:17 AM


I woke up the next day with no pain in my head, Gerard watching over me. I opened my eyes more so he could see I was awake, and then smiled. Gerard smiled back crookedly and kissed my cheek. I sighed and sat up. We were silent, looking around, anywhere but at each other, like two elementary school kids that liked each other, but were nervous around the other. Then, for some odd reason, I Don’t Love You got stuck in my head.

I don’t love you,
Like I did,
Yesterday.


It was true, though! Gerard didn’t love me like he did yesterday! Maybe more! So I started singing the chorus and he looked at me. He started singing along, then I stopped because I forgot the verses. Gerard laughed and put his hand on mine, like he had the night before. The whole thing, our relationship(though still brand new), started to feel like a dream, a dream I’d always wanted to come true. Not necessarily the way it had unfolded, but still. For one, I made out with GERARD WAY that night. And it seemed like he really did care for me!

“Pinch me, please,” I said.

“What?”

“I wanna know I’m not dreaming. Pinch me.”

“Is there any other way for me to show you that you’re awake?”

“Anything that has to do with inflicting pain.” Yay! Stubbornness!

“I’m not going to hurt you.”

“Oh well. You have to.”

He rolled his eyes and poked my broken leg. I sucked in air through my teeth, and decided that I was in reality. I would’ve been awake by then.

“Do you believe you’re awake now?”

“Sorta…”

“If you were dreaming, you’d be awake by now. Also, who falls asleep in dreams?”

“So we did make out last night?”

He nodded. I made a slant with my lips. “I guess I’m awake,” I said, turning my crooked mouth into a smile. “Besides, I want you to stay with me.”

“I’m not leaving you, Haliegh,” Gerard said, and then kissed me gently.

“I know,” I said, smiling, love in my eyes.

I saw the sparkle in Gerard’s eyes, and in that sparkle, I saw love.
♠ ♠ ♠
YAY! TEN STARS!

I feel loved :]

I thank all you readers for this wonderful achievement!