All My Broken Things

Work Encounters

“So did you get his number?” Katy asked me the next day when I called her on my way to work
“Nope” I was slightly disappointed but I mean I wasn’t really expecting to his Zack Merrick and im just a no body.
“What do you mean you didn’t get his number?” it seemed she wasn’t taking nope for an answer
“I mean I didn’t get it and I wasn’t going to ask Zack for his number I mean he’s Zack Merrick he would probably just think oh great another groupie chick”
“But yous really seemed to get along”
“We did but that doesn’t mean shit” I laughed
“Well I got Jack’s” she squealed and I couldn’t help but laugh at her
“That’s awesome Katy so are yous gonna go out?” I asked maybe getting a little ahead of myself
“I don’t know I want to but I don’t know”
“Yea I get you, anyways Katy I got to go im about to step in the doors for my first day of work”
“Oh ok good luck ill talk to you later” and the phone went dead

The rest of the night was spent much the same drinking and talking and just having fun not much serious talk if any I can’t remember and quite a bit of flirty from all parties.
But at this very moment I was nervous for my first day on the job I was only a receptionist but none the less it was a new job at a big company and a company that I had interest in which was something big to me.

By the time lunch had rolled around the day had gone pretty smoothly Julia the receptionist that would have been about in her 30s had showed be the basics that my job would require she explained the phone rules and scheduling times and where everything was also giving me a complete tour of the place. She seemed like a nice enough lady and I was diffidently glad that she was there to help me out on my first day.
During my lunch break I headed down to Starbucks grabbing a coffee and piece of banana bread flipping through a newspaper someone had left behind on their table until it was almost time for me to get back to work and I rounded the corner again heading back to the office.

At the end of my first day at work I was proud to say that I had encountered no major stuff ups but then again it didn’t seem to be a very busy day. I was proud until Julia announced to me the from now on I would be doing all this by myself and that ore of proudness faded away she said that Mr. Johnson was more than willing to lend out a hand especially as I was new but this didn’t seem to help much.
By the time I got home I was pretty exhausted either way a first day on the job is new and tiring so I called Katy putting her on speaker in the kitchen as I cooked myself up some dinner.

Over a week at my new job at “Hopeless Records” had passed me and I had gotten into the swing of things pretty easily Mr. Johnson would help me out on occasion but he was always offering up his services I had seen a couple bands walk in and out of the doors and I was becoming increasingly eager to watch the band record but I didn’t see that happening any time too soon. This Friday I got dressed as usual in a little blue summer dress and boots and headed off to work it was about 11am when three familiar looking boys walked through the doors laughing and carrying on one of them slapping their hand on the receptionist desk in a fit of laughter slowly raising his head his laughter stopping when he recognized me.

“Umm you’re…Abigail right?” Alex questioned trying to get the name right
“Yea” I smiled back
“I didn’t know you worked here” Rian announced
“I didn’t until like a week ago… and where is the fourth member?” I asked with a laugh just as the words left my mouth he stumbled through the door looking rather lost and pissed off his phone in one hand, his hair a mess of light brown blonde curls and his black thick rimmed glasses perched on his nose.
His expression went from anger to confusion when he saw me and it made me wonder if he had been fighting with someone on the phone.
“Abigail” the words left his mouth in a breath and he seemed almost nervous but not half as nervous as I felt

“Hey” I smiled and a small smile cracked on his lips “You guys are here for the ‘Pop Goes Punk 3’ recording right?” that’s what my plan said anyway
“Yep that’s us” Alex said
“Ok guys follow me your supposed to be down in studio two” as I lead them down the hallway I could hear muffled conversation that took place in whispered tones and I was guessing they were trying to keep their conversation from me and I could only guess what it was about, it almost seemed like it was hushed arguing.
Once we finally came across studio two I led them inside to where Mr. Johnson was and was about to exit when he spoke my name

“Abigail” you said you wanted to see how things work around here these guys are the only people in today so you wanna sit in there isn’t much else for you to do.”
This is what I wanted more than anything to come from this job and the fact it got to be these four guys that I watched was just a bonus, not because I like their music it didn’t even appeal to me that much it was more the fact that each member of the band intrigued me in one way or another.

“Ummm yea that would be great” I replied slightly shocked
I watched the boys record covers of numerous poppy songs that I could never really picture them singing but actually sounded like it fit them perfectly making slight adjustments to get the music just right.

You could tell that each boy was his own element when he played becoming fully immersed into this instrument like it was a limb attached to his body. Closed eyes, swinging arms and emotion filled voices inhabited the studio. As the others and I watched from a distant room with large glass windows, making small talk and pointing out musical things that I hadn’t noticed, including me in their conversations I almost felt privileged to be sitting among them even though I knew they were just a bunch of kids themselves. This I realised when they started to play pranks and make fun of each other and you could tell by their attitude this was the consequence of being bored.

“Ok guys, thanks for coming in today; yous did really well on the few songs we managed to record in between the shenanigans” Mr. Johnson laughed with the boys who were about to exit but like before they were quietly arguing and it made me wonder what exactly was going on between them that I was missing.
It wasn’t until Zack turned around and spoke to me that I understood what their hushed argument was about

“Hey Abigail, what are you doing tonight?... I mean the guys and I are going to the club down on 5th do you wanna come hang out?” he seemed rather shy and kinda scared I would say no and he looked really cute when he was shy
“Oh and you can bring Katy too” Jack smiled hoping maybe praying that I would
I chuckled “Yea ok that sounds like fun and yes jack I think Katy should be cool with that”
“Cool” Jack spat turning and leaving to probably do his happy dance
“Yea cool” zach repeated “Ok umm well we will see you at around 9ish?”
“Yea see you then” I smiled

Really my head was screaming at me, asking repeatedly what had just happened I mean this amazing guy who really shouldn’t be half as shy as he is just kinda almost asked me out. Well he did in a way even if it is just a group thing. Right?
I didn’t know I was confused and my stomach swarming with butterflies, and it wasn’t even the fact that it was All Time Low I wasn’t even star struck around them he was just Zack Merrick!
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to my few subscribers
could you please leave a comment tell me what you think so far
its about to get good ill tell you that much
:D
<3