Don't Let Me Fall

In the Middle of...New Jersey?

“Are you okay?” I hear a male voice ask worriedly. My eyes fluttered open to show me a pair of beautiful hazels.

“Um…not really…no,” I reply, putting a hand to my aching head. The guy smiled and offers his hand. I gladly accepted and got to my feet.

“So, what the hell happened? You just pass out in the middle of Belleville, New Jersey and don’t expect anyone to notice?” He joked. My eyes widened. New Jersey? Of all places, why New Jersey. There were too many memories here.

“Um…you know…uh…wild night…” I trailed off. I could already sense that he didn’t believe me. It was weird not being able to read his thoughts and then be done with it, but at least I could still sense things.

“Uh-huh. So, who was hanging out with you last night?” He asked in that tone that clearly meant I’m a lying bitch.

I smiled and started backing away. He placed his hand on his hip.

“Okay, sorry if I’m invading your space. I just wanted to make sure you’re okay…”

“Ember,” I filled in. He smiled.

“I’m Jeremy,” He said. I sighed and sat back down on the dirty sidewalk.

“Um…well…last night…I sorta got left here,” That wasn’t a lie. My fucking sister and my evil best friend left me here in that last place I wanted to be. Jeremy sucked in some air.

“Where did you come from?” He asked.

I smiled. “You’ve never heard of it,” I assured him. That wasn’t a lie either. He’d never heard of the Vampyre Realm I bet.

I sat in the middle of the sidewalk turning the events over in my mind. I’d been banished from the only home I’d ever known to this place, where I had been born, and even murdered some people. But…New Jersey. I couldn’t wrap my mind around it. Emerald knew why I hated this place.

“So…do you need some help? My car’s right over there,” He said pointing to some powder blue vehicle that clearly said “gay”.

“Are you gay?” I asked. I’d always been known for being blunt. Or rude, it depends on how you look at it.

Jeremy blushed.

“It’s my mom’s car. I’m actually bi, but whatever,” He muttered. Instantly I felt horrible.

“I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean to offend. I’m just really straightforward, but you don’t need to be embarrased or anything. I’m bi too,” I said. He smiled and helped me up again.

“I’m not some psycho either. I’ll just drive you where ever you need to go to,” He offered. I smiled.

“Thanks, but I think I’ll just walk around,” I murmured. Jeremy looked crestfallen. I felt really bad again, which wasn’t a feeling I was accustomed too. I never felt bad for humans, even though I used to be one.

“But,” I added quickly, “if you really want to…” I trailed off and he grinned.

“C’mon,” He said grabbing my hand. I shuddered. A boy hadn’t held my hand since I was four and Brennan had found me in the park.

“You don’t need to be afraid,” He had said. I had timidly walked up to him and he had taken my hand and led me to Ruby who taught me everything she knew and had made me a Vampyre.

“You don’t need to be afraid,” Jeremy said. And I believed him. Except this time, someone would make me human.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok, now i like this story. tell me what you think. i love comments. and skittles. everyone should love skittles.