Once Upon a Dream

Chapter Two

I knew fitting in would be difficult but not this much. Whenever someone talked to me, I felt I was being interrogated. Like a guilty criminal faced with the cops, I would crack under pressure with a loss of words. I was well known immediately, however, not in the way I had hoped. I soon came to find gossip had made its way through high school and into the lives of future artists. One would think that gossip and other immature bullshit would have been left behind in grade seven. Yet, here I was among these immature bullies, reminded of my bleak past I thought I was leaving behind.

City life was fast. Too fast. And so the people were with it. I was from a small town, I was small. Some were from other countries or states, and they didn't fit in either. The only ones that seemed to fit in, were the ones from New York City itself or ones that seemed "cool" in the eyes of the New Yorkers.

I was known for being the Canadian girl who sat at the back of the class reading Anne Rice novels and kept to herself. The vampire who lived in an igloo.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry. I have to come back to this later today and finish it. This was done from my mobile phone. To excuse my word choice, I have been reading Stephen King. xoxo