Full Mental Case

Tooth be told

It seemed like the closer to the full moon I get the more jittery. Well, this far from the full moon. I'm a little more mellow I mean until the next twenty-eight days.

I finished checking on one of my patients leaving their room after they drifted to sleep. When I felt cold and uncomfortable about something. I shook it off and walked back to my desk. Chace was nowhere to be seen since he was off tonight. So I was pretty much alone. Maribeth's replacement was smoking a cigarette. Must've been a requirement.

But I couldn't shake off that feeling. It was when I heard someone cry out that made me jump. I knew it was something bad going on. I got up and heard their cries and it stopped and died down. The room that I heard the cries in was Troy's either he had a bad dream, or something else.

Instead I found him in an awkward position on the ground laying in a pool of blood and drool. I flipped him onto his back.

"Troy, Troy." I said and shook him.

I checked his vitals not good. I called for a doctor and then began performing CPR.

I watched as they zipped Troy up in the body bag. My stomach churned with deep surpressed feelings like. This had to have been my fault. Or, why didn't I check on him? What if I did want something like this to happen to him? I mean he killed Izzy why wouldn't this befall him but something about the whole even didn't add up.

After filing a report Sharon came back into the hospital and took a seat next to me. She hugged herself. I sniffed the air and looked at her.

"What happened to you?" I asked her.

"Oh, you know, I just had one and couldn't stop." she said.

"Cigarette?" I asked her.

"Yeah." she said.

"Did you know that Troy one of your patients died tonight?" I asked her.

"I checked on him before leaving." she said.

"I tried calling you." I said.

She stood up.

"Look I'm sorry, okay, I need to use the restroom." she said.

I furrowed my brows. For someone who's suppose to be taking their job seriously isn't really doing a good job.

After work I went to the bar and found Chace and Greg there. We sat together at a bar stool.

"So he just died?" Gregory asked.

"I saw the pool of blood, it didn't aid up." I said.

"Did you think to check surveillance videos?" Chace asked.

I looked at him.

"We can do that?" I asked him.

"You need the pass code but I got it." he said.

"Tonight when you go to work you should check it out." Greg said.

I nodded.

"I think, maybe a vampire had something to do with it." I said.

"As far as I know all vampires are unwelcome there." Chace said.

"Except you." I said to him.

"It had to have been a freak accident the bleeding could've came from him falling off the bed." Greg said.

I shook my head.

"When I checked him, before he died, he was... aroused which meant he was doing something before his death." I said.

"Maybe he was lonely and you know did the lonely guy thing." Chace said.

"He doesn't do the lonely guy thing. He doesn't like the lonely guy thing." I said to him and took another sip of my beer.

"Well only the video can tell the story." Greg said.

"Pretty much." I said.