Full Mental Case

Mind Change

I've been working there for almost a month and was getting along with everyone just fine. I went back to night shift after two weeks and was glad to be back since all my old friends were there.

Chace was helping me build a house of cards.

"Does your boyfriend do stuff like this with you?" he asked me.

I snorted.

"This is a little juvenile don't you think?" I asked him our cards falling.

We laughed.

"Maybe, I'm going to get in trouble if I don't go back to cleaning." he said to me.

I heard cries coming from down the hallway.

Chace seemed to frown.

"I should go check on them." I said to Chace.

"Don't." he said.

"Who is it?" I asked him.

"Gregory." he said.

"Greg, you know him?" I asked him.

"We talk, we've become friends somewhat." he said.

"I should check on him." I said to Chace getting up.

"You won't like what you see." he said.

I raised an eyebrow looking back at him and then walking to the room where he was in. It was the last room on the left and there was a door. Gregory was strapped down standing up against the wall. I saw him foaming at the mouth. I tried the door but it was lock, and I didn't have the key. I watched from the window as Gregory snarled and growled. He was making sounds normal humans shouldn't be able to make. Then what really scared me was when he began to get loose from the jacket. I saw as the jacket practically ripped open. Because his bodies had torn the strong fabrics. I gasped covering my mouth.

"It's horrible I know." Chace said next to me.

I turned to him. He leaned on the window watching the wall.

"We got to help him don't you have a key?" I asked him.

"That's not Gregory anymore." he said to me.

"What?" I asked him.

"That thing took his place." he said.

"I-it's a dog." I said to him.

"A wolf, actually a lycanthrope." he said.

"What?" I asked him.

"Werewolf." he said.

I started to laugh.

"You're telling me werewolves exist?" I asked him.

"And vampires." he said.

"No, you're kidding." I said.

Gregory slammed his body into the window and I jumped back and slid to the ground shaking.

I looked back at Chace as I stood back up. I saw his reflection but I didn't see his.

"Y-you don't have a reflection." I said quietly.

"I know." he said looking back at Gregory.

"D-does anyone else know about this?" I asked him.

"Me or Greg?" he asked.

"Whom ever?" I asked him.

"Greg yes, me no. This is who he is this is who I am." he said.

"S-so how do you become a werewolf?" I asked him.

"Tooth or claw." he said looking at me.

"Tooth or c-claw does it matter what form he's in?" I asked.

"Why?" he asked me.

I took a deep breath and walked away from him this was too much. I turned the corridor and saw the man that attacked me and squealed.

Chace stood in front of me.

"Chace, pal, buddy, I didn't like that little punch to the face it really hurt." the guy said.

"Leave you don't belong here." Chace said.

"I'm just looking for a meal, I couldn't believe I found a meal in that lycan." he said.

"Gregory?" I asked.

"Run." Chace said to me.

"But..." I started.

"Run!" he yelled to me.

I turned and ran. Why was I running.

"You know we don't like their kind. One is too many. Two is a disgrace." the guy hissed.

"I'm telling you again. Leave now Pryce." Chace said.

"Make me." Pryce hissed.

I ran down the corridor and bumped into Maribeth.

"Hey, hey, what's wrong with you?" she asked me.

"I-I saw a vampire, and a werewolf, and another vampire." I said.

She smiled.

"You sure, you didn't drift to sleep?" she asked me.

Just then. I saw Chace from the corner of my eye being thrown against the wall. I turned around and ran and saw Pryce grab Chace by the neck of his shirt and push him up the wall. He pulled him back and then slammed his head into the wall. Chace held his hand and jutted.

"You've gotten in my way too many times. I am going to feed whether you like it or not." Pryce hissed.

Chace grew his fangs and hissed at him angrily.

Pryce punched Chace in the stomach and he groaned and then he slid Chace across the hall. He slammed into the wall. Maribeth looked at me and shook her head.

"What the hell is going on?" she asked.

"Our time is now Chace, if you don't want to join then don't!" Pryce said.

Chace sat up hugging his stomach.

"When was the last time you fed, the last time you even touched blood. You're becoming soft!" Pryce yelled.

I started to feel funny. I walked down the halls but it seemed like the hall was moving. It was like I was on a boat and I was rocking back and forth. My stomach started to tighten and I hugged it. I leaned against the wall and groaned sliding down it.

"Chace." I said.

He turned to me and got up.

"Where do you think you're going? To help the Lycan?" Pryce asked.

"Lycan?" Maribeth said.

Pryce turned towards her and inhaled and hissed.

"Human." he said and with the speed of lightening he grabbed her. She screamed.

"Let her go!" Chace yelled trying to get up.

I turned and saw Pryce hiss and trying to choke her. Something came over me. I got up wobbling and walked towards Pryce. Each step I took seemed to grow heavier and heavier. Until I got to Pryce. All I could do was tap his shoulder. He turned around dropping Maribeth. She was gasping for air.

"A bitch." he said looking at me.

"Who are you calling a..." I stopped and cried out. I hugged my stomach and backed away from him.

"Looks like the change is coming on. I should go." Pryce said and disappeared.

"Addy." Chace said to me.

I turned to him.

"What's happening to me?" I asked him.

"Come with me." Chace said.

"What about Maribeth?" I asked him.

"She's okay now. Come with me." he said and pulled me towards the door to the stairs.

It was dark but there was a window and I saw the parking lot and in the sky was the moon. Chace walked me towards the stairs. I screamed in pain. I had to take a break after the second step.

"What's happening to me?" I asked him in a deep breathy voice.

"You were clawed by Gregory correct?" Chace asked me.

"What does that mean, am I going to become a monster too?" I asked him.

"Yes." he said and then pushed me to go down the stairs.

"Where are we going?" I asked him hugging my stomach. He let go of me and I keeled over and screamed to the top of my lungs. This was pain I never felt ever before. And hope to never feel again.

Chace, pulled the door open to a small dorm room. Then he came to help me up.

"Don't touch me!" I growled.

"You need to go into the room." he said to me.

The pain came back, I cried out. This time it wasn't stopping. It was becoming more gruesome and more painful. The pain Gregory felt was the pain I was feeling. My screams echoed all the way to the rooms. Patients were freaking out. Chace grabbed me by my arms and dragged me into the room then he closed the door back and I heard the click of a lock.

I sat on all fours. My body twisting and turning with pain. I crawled towards the door and pulled at it.

"Let me out!" I screamed.

I was beginning to feel claustrophobic. I grew fangs and I fell to the door. Chace on the other side slid down the door and covered his face. The rest of the hour was filled with blood curdling screams and howls. From yours truly.