‹ Prequel: How We Operate
Sequel: These Days

How It Should Be

8:00

Violet, Matt, and Mark made their way down to the locker rooms after a comeback win against the Caps. Violet was confused about Geno's previous anger, chalking it up to Tanger taking a penalty and bounced all the way there. Matt and Mark hung back with all the wives and girlfriends while Violet, same as always, bounced right into the locker room.

All of the guys were quite happy but before she could reach Geno, Jordon stepped in her way.

"Hey, Gronk, great playing." Violet smiled at him. Jordan thanked her and then lowered his voice.

"Look, I'm giving you fair warning, he's ripping. He's so pissed off about something - I don't have a clue about what, but there's something going on with him." Violet furrowed her eyebrows and thanked Jordan for the warning before walking up to him.

"Great playing," Violet smiled tentatively. Geno looked at her.

"Not that you even saw any of it." Evgeni folded his arms across his chest and stared at her.

"What are you talking about?" Violet asked, staring at him like he had three heads.

"You know...you were staring at Mark almost every time I looked at you,"

"You're way off, buddy," Violet narrowed her eyes at Evgeni. "We got in one, ONE, staring contest, but otherwise I watched your entire game. You really think I wouldn't watch a Penguins game, you imbecile?," Geno didn't answer her but folded his arms across his chest, challenging her.

The act pissed Violet off and she stepped as hard as she could on Evgeni's foot before turning around and leaving. While Mark and Matt frantically were following Violet out of the locker room area the boys were staring at each other.

"I warned her he was pissed." Jordan muttered to Sidney.'

"I think she was the one who was pissed." Sidney said as they watched Evgeni shake off the pain from his foot.

*****************************************************************
"What the hell happened in those locker rooms?" Matt as he and mark finally caught up to Violet, who was waiting for them in Matt's Sub.

"Geno thinks there is something going on with me and Mark! What the hell?" Mark chortled and climbed into the back seat.

"As if I'd ever hook up with you again, crazy."

"Now is not the time, Mark," Violet whirled around vehemently. "You can shut the fuck up, you a-hole." Matt pushed Violet's face so it was facing forward.

"I'm going to drop you two at a bar," Matt informed Mark. "You just make sure she gets home okay," After several minutes Matt arrived at their favorite bar and Violet stormed in with Mark anxiously following her.

"A glass of your strongest vodka straight, and keep it coming," Violet said to the bartender.

"Sam Adams." Mark said meekly, sitting next to Violet. "I wanted us to have a fun time drinking together, but this doesn't spell too much fun for me." Violet threw a glare over her shoulder and chugged her vodka. "Nor did I ever expect that you'd be able to out drink me. I guess have a Russian boyfriend can help you there."

Violet let out a half hearted laugh and banged her head against the table. "He's so stupid."

"He's Russian, like I said, it's to be expected."

"Mark, really, you're horrible at this. Just stop talking and let me drink."

*************************************************************
While Mark took care of Violet Matt made his way back toward the closest restaurant near Mellon, exactly where hew knew the Penguins would be eating and celebrating. He marched right past the hostess and up to the team.

"You are an idiot!" Matt shouted and slapped Evgeni upside the head, before coiling back in fear. "Please, don't strike me back. I just felt like you needed someone to bring you to your senses." Matt took a step back and observed all the Penguins gaping at him.

"What?" Geno asked, stunned, open mouthed.

"Mark and Violet are over, you dumb shit! But by pissing her off you drove her to make a rash decision! And now she's getting drunk with Mark and I'm here yelling at you and if she sleeps with him it's all on you, buddy!" Matt shouted.

"Where she?" Geno wiped his mouth standing up.

"Here!" Matthew slapped down a piece of paper with step by step directions about how to get to that bar where Mark and Violet were, before turning and leaving, a smirk on his face. Oh, he could fix things alright.

Evgeni nudged Jordan and the two got up and went to go find Violet. By the time they reached the bar Violet was on her second tall glass and Mark was still on his first beer, eying his friend warily and adding pretzels to a pile on a napkin that she wasn't eating.

"Violet!" Evgeni walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "I take you home." Violet, too confused and drunk to fight let him guide her out of the bar, Jordan beckoned Mark to follow.

Geno and Jordan took Violet and Mark back to Violet's apartment, but Violet promptly fell asleep. Evgeni carried Violet upstairs as mark held open doors. Once they situated Violet in her bed Geno turned to Mark.

"Look, I...no want to lose violet. You no in my way?"

Mark blinked him and opened his mouth to answer.

"Of course not."
♠ ♠ ♠
I meant to get this up yesterday but I had to study for a bio test.

And! Six of you commented, so here this is.
But you only get the next one if 8 of you comment.

And! In my profile there's a picture that has the guy who inspires Violet's Matt...aka My Matt! Haha.