‹ Prequel: How We Operate
Sequel: These Days

How It Should Be

17:00

Violet buried her head into Geno's shoulder. "Hello, Shannon."

"Hi! So Ryan talked to you about being my maid of honor, yes?"

"Yes."

"Alright, so he also mentioned the wedding is in a month, yes?"

"Yes."

"Alright so that just leaves me the list."

"The list?" Geno wrapped his arm tightly around Violet and plucked the pizza-delivery menu from her hand and gave it to Jordan.

"Yes, well, there is a lot to plan in only a month so I have this list that I thought I'd split up with you. I, obviously, will have the greater, more important jobs, but you will have quite a few too. Is that okay?"

"Sure." Violet took the opportunity of Shannon looking for said list to hiss to Evgeni she didn't want any strange toppings on the pizza. Geno shushed her by patting her head and telling Jordan to order whatever he pleased.

"Alight so do you have a pen?" Violet affirmed this and found a pen and a loose take out menu in a drawer. "Okay so you have to pick out the dresses for the bridal party, host the shower and baccalaureate party, perhaps the same day and night, looking toward the 30th or 2nd, I'll shoot you an email of the guests along with the DJ I would like you to book. I ordered invitations at the shop so I'm getting a guest list together tonight so I'll email you that and you can pop over to the stationary place and give it to them, they're handling it. Find a hotel where our out-of-town guests can stay and book a block of rooms, also, perhaps you could arrange the rehearsal dinner for the night before the wedding the seventh, so obviously the wedding is the eighth."

"Uh huh." Violet grunted, running out of room on the menu.

"Also, I quite frankly don't care what the cakes looks like, just that it's a red velvet cake, so if you could go pick one out and order it for me as well as get one of the photographers from your firm? Also, we'd like to go to Samoa for our honeymoon and if you could find a resort and book travel for the ninth? Ryan will give you his credit card number."

Violet confirmed everything and hung up with Shannon. She groaned loudly and burrowed her face into Evgeni's chest. "What did he order?" She asked looking up at him.

"Bacon and anchovies." Violet groaned again and stuffed her face into Geno's arm.

"I hate weddings."

"And what happens when you get married?" Sid asked, laughing at Violet.

"I'll make my mother do it." Violet grunted and stalked off the kitchen returning with a glass of what appeared to be juice. Geno took the glass right out of her hand and had a sip.

"What? You no get me some?" Geno got up leaving a confused Jordan and Sidney watching Violet sip her "juice". Geno returned with his vodka and a few shot glasses.

"Ohhh." Jordan caught on quick and chuckled as Geno poured them each a glass. "Wow, turning to alcohol at the first sign of problems could mean you're going to be an alcoholic." Violet threw a pillow at Jordan.

"You don't have to plan a wedding you're incredibly resentful about in less than a month. Did you see that crazy list of crap I have to do? I deserve my vodka." Violet scoffed and took a rather large gulp. She smiled at her glass.

"Yum yum?" Geno waggled his eye brows at her and she burst out laughing and sank down onto his lap.

"I don't know what I would do if you never introduced me to this stuff."

"Drink bad vodka." Geno nodded and pressed a kiss to the top of her head before taking a shot.

Sidney gagged a bit when he pulled away from his shot glass. "Geno, holy hell, that's strong. I don't think I can have another." Jordan chuckled but found himself stopping after two when the pizza arrived. Not wanting to have his girlfriend drunk as a skunk Geno pulled Violet's glass away from her and filled it up with plain cranberry juice.

They ate their pizza and watched Friends to appease Sidney. After a while the other two left and Geno broke out the vodka again. He poured some into Violet's glass and knocked back a shot himself.

"Don't think about wedding. Wait for tomorrow." He said while holding her hand. Violet nodded and took a sip of juice before putting it on the table and snuggling into Geno. Violet eventually fell asleep that way and Geno moved to pick her up and take her to the bedroom when he phone started ringing. Chuckling at her popularity today he answered it.

"'Lo?"

"Oh my god you have to help me."

"Matt? This Geno."

"Fuck! Where's Vi?"

"Sleeping. She's drunk." Geno heard Matt groan.

"Julie wants me to meet her parents." Matt said after a moment. Geno's eyebrows furrowed.

"Maybe move too fast? I still no meet Violet's and we be together more than you."

"See? Everyone keeps saying that but Julie still wants me to meet her goddamn parents. Why are women like this?"

"You mean why you woman like this?" Geno snickered a bit. "My woman just fine."

"You're not helping."

"Sorry. Maybe tell Julie how feel?"

"You really are different from the goalies. They'd tell me to lie. Which is what I would rather hear right now!" Matt grunted. "Fine, I'll be honest, but if this blows up in my face I'll be very mad at you." Matthew ended the conversation by clicking the phone off and Geno proceeded to take his sleeping girlfriend up to his bedroom.

As he lay her down in the bed he moved to take his shirt off when he heard her move. "Where did you go?" she asked sitting up slightly.

"I'm right here." Evgeni reached out and rubbed her shoulder. "I'll be right there, hang on." He pulled his shirt off the rest of the way and climbed into bed with her.

Violet wrapped her arms around him and snuggled into his bare chest. Evgeni took a deep breath and inhaled her scent. Violet smelt like violets. "Matt call."

Violet didn't so much as move. "Oh?"

"I tell him be honest with Julie." Violet picked her head up at that.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I tell him be honest. Better tell truth than hide." Geno gently tucked her head back into his chest. "Now go to sleep, otherwise you're going to be really hungover tomorrow." Violet grunted something about how it doesn't matter because he had an excellent hangover cure but he quieted her again and turned off the lights.

"Sleep my little Violet. Sleep."
♠ ♠ ♠
I love this chapter.