Status: thank u for all those who read..i hope u had fun... ^^

Please Let Me Remember You

My New Home

Finally, I was going back! It's been a long time since I saw Grandma's place. I think it's about 11 yrs. ago since I’ve been there. I hope nothing's changed. I like it there.

I looked at the picture of my Grandma's apartment and it hasn't changed a bit. The letter that I got last night was about my Grandma’s apartment.

Since my Grandma passed away 3 months ago, it said that she left her apartment in my custody.

I didn't expect that she would leave such a big responsibility to me. It turns out that it's also a rent house and has been in need of a new owner ever since she died. And so, here I am to take the job.

Sighs...

The only problem is I don't even know how to run a business. I'm just a 17 yrs. old girl who tries her best to survive before all this. My parents passed away because of a car accident when I was little and Grandma is the only one who took me in. She cared for me and loved me like her own daughter.

Too bad that I have to go live with my cousins in the city because of some stupid custody contract, so I have to leave her. But now that I'm back, I hope I can make her proud. I'll try to manage the apartment to the best my abilities.

"We're here miss."

I looked around and we are here.

"Oh! Yes. Umm..here's my payment. Thank you!"

I got out of the taxi and looked around my surroundings. Well, it's still the same. Not much has changed. I walked through the gate but then I heard somebody shouted,

"Miss Claise! Miss Claise! You're here!"

I looked around and saw a man in his 20's running towards me.

I nod my head a little bit.

He was panting when he approached me. Then, he looked at me and smiled.

"Welcome! I didn't expect you to come today. I thought you'll be coming tomorrow. By the way, I'm Harold. I'm one of your Grandma's friends, as well as your new guardian. In her will, she asked me to help you run her business. It's nice to meet you at last, Miss Claise.", he said as he held his hand out.

I took it and said, "It's also nice to meet you..Harold. And please, just call me Lhia." with a smile.

He was stunned by what I said but then he smiled at me and said, "Okay then. Well, let's get you inside, Lhia. I know you've been wanting to see the apartment."

He took my suitcases and urged me to follow him.

As we entered, I didn't imagine how beautiful the inside was. It really looks so luxurious and amazing. Something did changed after all.

"Do you like it?"

I looked at Harold and smiled. "Yes! It's so beautiful!"

He smiled at me and said, "Well, you'll like your room better. Your Grandma had prepared it for you."

"M-my..G-grandma?"

He grinned at me and said, "She knew you would be back. And here, you are. Home at last! She's been waiting for you, you know."

I was silent for a moment. She knew I would come? She's been waiting for me. Grandma has been waiting for me all this time.

"Are you okay?", Harold asked, his face filled with concern.

"Huh?" I asked and then felt something in my face. I touched it and realized that it was tears. I've been crying.

I wiped them away then smiled at him and said, "I promised Grandma I wouldn't cry anymore ever since my parents' burial. 'm not intending to break my promise now. Umm..sorry. I didn't mean to break down like that."

"It's okay. I understand. Well then, shall we go to your room?"

I nodded and followed him.

"You room is in the 2nd floor by the end of the hallway. Also, since this is a rent house, we've been accommodating 6 people. 4 boys and 2 girls. They don't usually go out but you might get to meet them while you're here."

"Ah I see."

'Well, we're here. Do you need help with unpacking?"

I shook my head and said, "No. It's fine. I don't want to bother you."

"Okay then. By the way, I'm gonna cook dinner tonight..and maybe throughout your stay here. But I assure you, I am a good cook."

"Maybe I will. Let's see if you're a good cook as you say you are.", I grinned.

"Hehehe! I like a challenge. You'll get to taste my best cooking ever.", he said with a grin as he went out of my room quickly.

He's a funny guy. And really nice, too. I'm happy to have someone like him as my guardian. Staying here might be fun after all!

Well, time to unpack. If I get to finish this early, maybe I can help Harold with his cooking.

Hehehe! I'll show him that I'm also a good cook.

As I started to unpack, I also looked at the room. It's so beautiful. The interior designs and furnitures may look kind of old but still it looked so amazing. It's like I'm in a museum.

Everything is so authentic and fascinating.

I looked around some more and touched a figurine of a ballerina. It's so beautiful.

"Hey you! Who are you? What are you doing here?", somebody shouted.

I turned around and saw a guy standing by the door. He's face looked so angry, I can't move.

"Umm..I'm..I'm...", I stammered.

"I ask you again. What are you doing here? You're a thief, aren't you? And you're gonna stealing some of the things here, right?", he accused as he approached me.

"N-n-no! I'm not a thief! And I'm not stealing anything here.", I said as I stepped back.

He smirked and said, "Now you're just lying. You're both a liar and a thief! Admit it!"

"I am not a liar! And I am not a thief! How many times must I tell you that?!", I spatted.

"Then, who are you? I don't suppose you're one of the people renting here. And besides, this room is reserved for the owner's granddaughter. And I don't think that's you, thief!"

"I am her granddaughter! And again, I am not a thief! Can't you understand that, you arrogant-"

He cut me off by holding me by the neck and then slammed me by the wall.

"Ha! Lying again aren't we, little thief?", he said as I struggled.

"I..I'm..not..lying..."

I tried to get his hand off me but I can't. He's too strong for me.

"Don't even try to escape. I'll punish you here, right now.", he said as he moved his face closer to mine.

"Get..your..hands..off..me..."

He smirked again and move his face more closer now.

Then, I felt his cold breath beneath my neck. I shivered and then started to feel scared.

What is this guy gonna do to me? I closed my eyes and started to cry because of fear.

Grandma, please help me!

"Jake!", somebody shouted.

I opened my eyes a little and saw a guy by the door.

"What the hell are you doing? Release her now!", he yelled as he ran towards us.

"Why should I? This little girl is a thief and a liar!", the guy nearer to me said while still holding me by the neck.

"You've mistaken! She is not a thief! So release her now!"

"How can you be so sure? Do you even know her? Maybe I should punish her right now.", he said as his grip in my neck got tighter.

I tried to struggle again as my tears came rushing down. I can't breathe and I'm losing consciousness.

"Dammit! I said release her now! She is Eliza's granddaughter!"

"Eliza's granddaughter? She is Eliza's granddaughter?", he said as his grip started to loosen.

But even though his grip loosen, my body has lost too much oxygen so my vision got dimmer and dimmer.

My body also got weak so when he finally released me, I just fell down and expected to hit the floor.

Luckily, somebody caught me. I don't know who because my eyes are closed now and I can't seem to open them.

I struggled to gain consciousness, but I can't.

Great! It's my first day of staying here and suddenly I got attacked!

Last thing I heard was my name and then total darkness.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey guys!!!
first day and something bad happens..hahaha...
oh well..i hope u like dis chapter..pls comment and rate about dis...
well thank u..and enjoy!!! ^^