A Lie Told Often Becomes the Truth

chapter two

In New York City you can become anyone you want. And the busy streets can hide who you really are.

I can be an average Joe during the daylight, but once the sunset I can be Andrew Maxwell. The wealthy business man on a business trip in NYC. And they’ll bow down to you. And if you know the right people. You can get in to the best clubs and parties. And you’ll have them eating out of your hands.

..

It was nice o’clock and the night was young along with the girls. My taxi pulled up to Fire and Ice, a new club, and the only way to get in was a waiting list or for me a connection.
I walked past the entrance, the long line of people waiting in line.

The side of the building was dark and had a faint smell. I knocked on the steel door five times, and a man in all white opened the door for me.

“Hey Joe, your early?”

“Hey Saul, Ha yea my shift ended early.”

“So who are you tonight? A baseball player in the off season, a movie producer looking for the next big star or maybe a prince. That worked out well last time.”

I laughed. He was right. I managed to get three girls at the same time. And all it took was me being the Prince of Norway and an accent.

“Nah, tonight I’m Mr. Andrew Maxwell. CEO of Urban Designs Inc. I own a mansion in Cali. I’m married and it’s my last night for my business trip.”

He laughed, “Nice.”

“Alright, well I’m going. Later.”

“Okay. Good luck, Mr. Maxwell.”

I made my way through the kitchen, to the kitchen entrance. While getting funny looks from the other chefs and waiters.

I simply waved and grabbed a cookie from a dessert tray.

Okay. I might not have the best connection, but I was able to get in and that’s all that matters.

I made my way through the crowd. The red and blue lights spiraled overhead. The music blaring loud enough that my insides were trembling.

I ran my hand over my hair and slicked it back.

I looked down at my black suit.

The blue and red lights reflecting off my knock off Berluti shoes.
And not to be cocky but I looked good.

I pushed my way through the hot dance floor. Men and women were dancing, women dancing with their friends, and some dancing by themselves.

I walked up to the bar and took a seat on an empty stool. A young lady was sitting next to me, she watched me sit down. Her drink was almost gone; I noticed she had a bud light.
The bartender came over to me.

“What can I get cha?”

“I’ll have two beers, please.” I said as i looked at her slightly from the corner of my eye. Enough to let her see me and know it was for her.

She smiled at me.

He came back with the drinks.

I took out my money clip from my back pocket. A crisp hundred dollar bill covered my twenty dollars worth of singles. A trick i learned to make it seem like you have alot more money then you really do.

I pulled out ten dollars and paid the bartender. I folded it then placed it in his hand.

He muttered “Thanks.” and walked away.

I saw her eyeing my money as I put it back in my pocket.

I picked up the drink
.
“For you ma’am.”

She smiled and took it.

I raised my glass and she raised hers.

“Cheers.” We both said as our glasses hit.

...

Her lips hit mine, as our hips moved to the rhythm of the music.

I trailed kisses down her neck.

“You want to get out of here.” She asked.

I smiled and nodded.

I kissed her once more then grabbed her hand.

We passed the kitchen doors and through the window I saw Saul.

I winked at him and he shook his head and laughed.

We exited Fire and Ice.

“Want to head back to my place.” she said letting go of my hand and running her fingers down my leg.
...

The cab dropped us off in front of a small apartment complex.

She opened her door and she threw her keys and purse on the floor.

And soon our clothes joined them.

...

The sun shone through the cracks of her curtains. I leaned on my elbow and looked at the time. 6:03. I slowly pulled the blankets off me and stood up. Trying not to make any noise. It’s easier that way. But of course my life’s is never that easy.

The mattress creaked as my body left it. She moved and her eyes opened.

She looked at me and smiled biting her lip.

I stood up and pulled on my boxers, my pants the rest of my clothes.

“Leaving already?” she said with a bit of disappointment.

I leaned down and kissed her. “Yeah my plane leaves soon.”

She got up, the blankets wrapped around her.

“Well, look me up next time you’re in the city.”

“Will do.”

...

I left with a kiss and her number. I couldn’t help but grin as I walked down the street. The buildings meet the sky and cast a pink light over the city. The sky was changing. As so was I.

Back to Joe.

And Max was just a memory, along with last night.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments make me happy :D